LegacyGT.com

My base model cloth seats have the same level adjustments and honestly I prefer them to the power seats. Quicker to do and save the weight of having a motor.

This seat swap looks fantastic as well. That color would go with my interior accents quite nicely.

Edited by Humble Rumble

Those levers just don't belong...I think I will just look for cushions and covers to swap onto my seat frames.

The limited version of the current gen STI & WRX seats are power. (as well as the 2018 Recaro's seats)

Those levers just don't belong...I think I will just look for cushions and covers to swap onto my seat frames.
Saved 25lbs a seat and having to deal with the wiring of that. Imhyped on then the car feels better selittibg in them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I thought of going to power seat route...but didn't want to fuss around with it since no one's tried this yet. I got such a good deal i could try wiring those but the air bag wiring is a pain all on it's own.

That's what I was thinking. So power sti seats, then get seat covers to match.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If you're going to get seat covers, you may want to just get WRX limited seats (assuming they are cheaper). WRX and STI seats exactly the same, besides the material on them.

That's what I was thinking. So power sti seats, then get seat covers to match.

I actually didn't mean the wiring. Ill explain it more in my write up. But seat rails line up just takes getting them dead center.

Update. Seats are bolt in direct. Only issue is wiring the passanger and heated seats. Got the drivers perfect but the passanger is above my ability and more lack of proper tools. Ordered some tools and getting some help on it on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
Soon was 3 days ago.... :cool:
Lol sorry life has thrown me some curve balls and wanted to make sure it turns out perfect. I left out the last part and had to re edit. I'll have a couple days off this week and will post the link along with photos here of the seat wiring so anyone can see what I had to do to wireeverything. Power seats and bolts are plug and play. Plus you need to swap out seat belts

Oh some aftermarket Sparco seats would be awesome. Been thinking about this option, but the amount of effort to install is a big motivator in not going forward.
Coming from the same guy that took apart his gauge cluster to paint the rings and add cf overlay...lol.

Coming from the same guy that took apart his gauge cluster to paint the rings and add cf overlay...lol.

I got too much free time I suppose. Bit the bullet and bought some Sparco seats, brackets and 4 point harness. Will need these anyway after the engine swap in 2 weeks. Will miss my heated, powered seats :( I'll let you all know how they fit and if it's worth it. Otherwise I might drop them into my Roadrunner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Planted-Technology-Subaru-Legacy-Outback-Seat-Brackets-fits-2009-2014/172804349222?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

4d9400bc-a9f1-4839-b16b-6f7cedcd7079.jpg.f09d2bfb9a87367c95cce89d4e0ec028.jpg

Edited by carpenterltd

whoa, whoa, whoa... I need pics of those painted rings. I thought doing that, but I broke the nubs off of the rings when I put my cf background in, so the rings are now super glued in place. I still might paint just the top ridge by hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

whoa, whoa, whoa... I need pics of those painted rings. I thought doing that, but I broke the nubs off of the rings when I put my cf background in, so the rings are now super glued in place. I still might paint just the top ridge by hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I intentionally broke off the knobs and used a superglue pen to dot where the nubs were. The top rings come off the bottom rings btw...so painting is easy. Comes off just like the bottom from the face. Snap, snap.

21125623_1600040986732997_9205077236297426793_o.thumb.jpg.18774f62d20c8d2815eb91eb97217b38.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
you don't need a video...it's easy. Just unbolt 4 bolts holding down the seat, unplug everything (after disconnecting the battery), trick the seatbelt sensor with a 3.3ohm resister, so you don't have the seatbelt warning light and the constant dinging or airbag light on, get yourself some seats and brackets = done. Word of advice...DO NOT REMOVE STOCK SEAT BELTS...you will want these. A 4 point harness looks cool, but f*ck trying to drive around with it on. Trust me on this...I cut mine and removed, just to end up buying a new set and reinstalling.

20180210_193417.thumb.jpg.2db8d364747b4bfc9de919140a46321a.jpg