LegacyGT.com

2013-14 springs or RCE springs

Hi guys. I have been researching the suspension for the '10 2.5i suspension upgrade. I did kyb gr2 shock change with stock spring, 19mm sway bar and 225 width tires. The ride has improved a lot especially around corners and curve. However, body roll is still there and the car can jostle over bumps or when returning straight after corners.

I had a buddy sat with me and he even confirmed that. I rode in an early audi a6 and the ride is comfortable but controlled over corners.

I just want to get rid of or reduce this roll and lean further. I have been reading a lot and it seems ppl like the 13+ spring or rce. Price wise the oem spring wins but how about ride comfort, corner control?

The car is at 120k miles so im not worried about the kyb giving in to the Rce.

to sum up. Kyb grs with 13+/rce black springs and your thoughts.

Thanks

I'm really happy with the tight handling of my 2013 Limited 2.5. It's tight on turns, both at highway speeds and around town. It's a firm ride on the highway, but comfortable. My brother had a 335xi with sport suspension and it was punishing on the same roads. Almost scary on some bumps and potholes. Not my Legacy. Firm but conformable.

I remember test driving a 2012 model and then the 2013, just as they became available in August 2012. Total difference.

get the 13/14. I used the rce on two different struts (bilstein, and koni) and I hated how they rode on the rough Minnesota roads. they were great on smooth highways, but not practical for most if the roads here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

get the 13/14. I used the rce on two different struts (bilstein, and koni) and I hated how they rode on the rough Minnesota roads. they were great on smooth highways, but not practical for most if the roads here.

Same experience here in Vermont with the Blackstein combo over 40,000 miles.

Archived