LegacyGT.com

Done lurking, finally joined

Depending on the actual specifics of this behavior, you might have a Perrin shiftstop installed (http://perrinperformance.com/i-19229535-shifter-stop-for-2015-17-wrx.html) which might need to be re-adjusted. Also, if I recall, there was an older version of this part where the reverse lockout sliding up was a common complaint. I'm not really sure, seeing as I don't have this part myself and I'm going off of memory of previous threads, but it's worth at least checking into.

Im sure ill see whats wrong once I get the console top off and move the shifter with that and the boot off. Does the console top pop off with a small screwdriver ? I gave it a quick look and didnt really see how it came off at quick glance the get to the shifter, and now im not near the car till the weekend, but if theres a trick to know, might as well ask now. Thanks

Lift up the little rubber pad in the cubby just in front of the shifter. From there you can start lifting up on the console cover to pop the clips. The entire thing with the cup holders and coin tray will pop up and you can thoroughly see the shifter mechanism.

A little late to the party but welcome aboard. Try not to let these guys spend all your money for you, because they'll surely help you drain your bank account and max out your credit cards in a heartbeat. I kid, this is one of the best automotive forum communities I've ever been a part of.

Try not to let these guys spend all your money for you, because they'll surely help you drain your bank account and max out your credit cards in a heartbeat.

Oh believe me, I'm already feeling the effects...

Question on buying a used Cobb verses new. The used ones people are selling on here I assume are the older version correct ? What are the differences and is it worth spending the extra money ? Can I use the same off the shelf tune and have it E tuned as easily with the older handheld version , is data logging the same ? Thanks

The V3 accessport allows you to set up and monitor up to 6 parameters which is very nice. I would go for that one over the older V2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How many can you monitor with the V2 on the screen? I assume if I datalog and view from my laptop, ill see the same stuff ? On my Mustang I datalog every run down the track and view, I'm not doing that with this car, this is only to have a safe tune in the car and ill log to make sure all is well. Thanks

I am not sure about that, what I can tell you is that is was a big deal to have 6 gauges that stay put even when the car is off. So when I turn on my car the start up pic comes on, then the gauges come up and start showing me data. Real time in large font and min/max in small font under the real time reading. Very nice especially for checking feedback knock and AFR.

The v2 only displays one parameter vs up to 6 with the v3

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10 four, one is not enough, but 6 is to many for this old mans eyes to adjust to. Id like it for knock and A/F, that's enough for me to watch while driving. I appreciate the info guys, sounds like the new version is the smart move, appreciate the help.

10 four, one is not enough, but 6 is to many for this old mans eyes to adjust to. Id like it for knock and A/F, that's enough for me to watch while driving. I appreciate the info guys, sounds like the new version is the smart move, appreciate the help.

You can display up to 6. You can configure only 3 if you want. Data logging works probably about the same as you're used to, but the gauges are certainly nice.

So things escalated quickly this weekend, and I now have an XRT Tune. Bit of a spur of the moment decision, but was well worth it. The car feels much more torque-y and is very fast. Still improving too as it gets customized.

Trans fluid, plugs, diff fluid, and damper delete are next in line for the upcoming 2 weeks.

So things escalated quickly this weekend, and I now have an XRT Tune. Bit of a spur of the moment decision, but was well worth it. The car feels much more torque-y and is very fast. Still improving too as it gets customized.

Trans fluid, plugs, diff fluid, and damper delete are next in line for the upcoming 2 weeks.

Man oh Man, mine I just bought is still sitting, only a wash, vacuum, a new emblem, and tires. I look at it every day I'm in So Cal but haven't really got to work on it much or drive. I did get to look at the shifter, and IMO that Perrin shift stop deal is useless, if you pull the shifter left to hard it rides over it and lifts the reverse lockout, guess ill have to learn to baby the shifter. The problem with having to many cars, cant get to them all and enjoy them, but I really am happy I bought the car, still love it. On a good side note, I ran a 10.53 at almost 130 in the Ecoboost Mustang the other night, that will keep me from over tuning the LGT and breaking it.

On a good side note, I ran a 10.53 at almost 130 in the Ecoboost Mustang the other night.

Wow that is moving. I didn't realize they were getting those kind of time out of them. The couple Ecoboost Mustangs I have seen at the track were running 12's.

Speaking of fluids, is straight redline shockproof a good choice for trans and diff or is there something better?

I run straight redline lightweight shockproof in my tranny/front diff and Subaru fluid in the rear diff.. the rear diffs on these cars are not a failure point. Use whatever quality spec fluid in them. No reason to use LWSP or anything fancy.

Redline LWSP is an especially excellent choice for the tranny in cold climates and will dramatically improve gear engagement. In warm places it wouldn't matter as much but will still grab gears better than Motul or OEM oil.

With the LWSP, I can easily grab 1st gear from a roll with little resistance. It was transformative and I highly recommend it and changing it out every 30000 miles.

Archived