LegacyGT.com

The darker side of the legacy . Black upper trim .

madrig

Impressive! Looking forward to the finished product, but I really appreciate the detailed process.

not so easy to take pics of it , i m not Professional on that !

IMG_4022.thumb.JPG.bd6f73a716cb67cde8ed451f0d9d7efb.JPG

IMG_4053.thumb.JPG.ef85c6e3f702914c2623a462702fa817.JPG

IMG_4026.thumb.JPG.ad6ad9340b53623e576239179b0e76fe.JPG

IMG_3966.thumb.JPG.ee478b977174bd6196bc44f9eacc7fb0.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!

I re-re-reread the thread, but what did you use to cover the headliner and sunblind pieces?

I'm deciding on reusing the non sunroof fabric, brushed black fabric or an oe charcoal alcantara...

Did you wrap the blind handle? Looks carbon like :)

For my convo, I'm using a prefl adm tbSTi non sunroof wagon interior to postfl sunroof gt spec b.

Hopefully all I'll need will be to dye or wrap my headliner and blind, and the my12+ sti sunroof switch with the seatbelt led mod.

Re the latter, how did you get such clean cuts for the led convo? Dremel???

Edited by bigBADbenny

Awesome!

I re-re-reread the thread, but what did you use to cover the headliner and sunblind pieces?

I'm deciding on reusing the non sunroof fabric, brushed black fabric or an oe charcoal alcantara...

Did you wrap the blind handle? Looks carbon like :)

For my convo, I'm using a prefl adm tbSTi non sunroof wagon interior to postfl sunroof gt spec b.

Hopefully all I'll need will be to dye or wrap my headliner and blind, and the my12+ sti sunroof switch with the seatbelt led mod.

Re the latter, how did you get such clean cuts for the led convo? Dremel???

i covered with a oem kind fabric that match subaru .there is divers suppliers that have access to oem fabric style .the problem is to get it is very expensive and stock are limited , so not easy to get same one each time . i had expereince in the past from sample and you can receive something different .also the fabric i used was very difficult to work with . it look good in pictures but is not satisfactory .

i re covered the pillar also with the same fabric , for the headliner i had to add a foam .

i contacted a manufacturer of headliner that look very good , way cheaper and many colors available . will post info soon .

i recomend that you find a fabric made for headliner , as you will need something that are more stretchable .was talking with this company ,http://www.daleys.com.au/products/view/412 , you can ask for samples .

the sun shade handle is carbon , i made a mold of the original since is not available in black .

to cut the sti map light i use diamond tool on pneumatic die grinder and some hand sanding . dremel will be perfect .

Edited by madrig

• 1 month later...

by pure coincidence i find Honda Civic 12 15 have similar seat belt hanger !

they will fit from what i see , i didn t install but you can not find more similar !

so this is an alternative to the jdm seat belt that are maybe more difficult to find .

i can not confirm wish civic have the black seat belt but tis dont come from a special model like SI . it was a regular four doors but i dont know what trim .

pics, black one Civic , beige one Legacy GT .

IMG_4277.thumb.JPG.df88af2be99761de99943d637c63ca24.JPG

IMG_4280.thumb.JPG.5169540aaabeaa749e69bc41fae64b4d.JPG

IMG_4281.thumb.JPG.1c25f944598cd928557f6bd6c4df2afb.JPG

IMG_4285.thumb.JPG.c1e6475901ee0c554919bacc7ee9d78a.JPG

Edited by madrig

Man, nice find!! I checked on eBay but could only find full seatbelt assemblies for $100++. Part diagrams show the seatbelt assembly as one part number as well... It would be awesome to get these, seems unlikely though. I think the part is the same for 2006-2011 as well.

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

Instagram: @bagriders_john for more Subarus (and also my wife and cat)

Man, nice find!! I checked on eBay but could only find full seatbelt assemblies for $100++. Part diagrams show the seatbelt assembly as one part number as well... It would be awesome to get these, seems unlikely though. I think the part is the same for 2006-2011 as well.

seat belt are always sold as a complete unit . yes 06 11 look similar also i saw accord .

i think you have to know a scrapyard so he will give you good price understanding what you will use only from the assembly !

now i doubt many peoples will go the trouble to convert all this .

if you find the right side i can send you the left !!

seat belt are always sold as a complete unit . yes 06 11 look similar also i saw accord .

i think you have to know a scrapyard so he will give you good price understanding what you will use only from the assembly !

Good info! All the scrapyards near me are not very nice to work with :lol: I buy so many parts from them, but they'll never split off some small part if it could be sold as a complete unit, even for something like this. I think this is why they have so much junk that no one wants :lol:

My 2007 specB (full undercarriage & drivetrain refinish, every nut and bolt replaced, full engine rebuild/restore, glass-out respray, air ride, wide body, and more! All done by me, at home!)

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered that the VA chassis (15+) WRX/STI sunvisors fit the BL/BP 05-09 Legacy headliner.

I purchased these on eBay for $25/ea in hopes they'd fit, as they're an OEM black material with the same illumination as the 05-09 Legacy.

The visor itself is a little bit bigger than the Legacy one, but it DOES work! Here's a photo of the visor bolted into my car, right before I installed the "retainer clip"

p7KcY8M.jpg

The retainer hook (square piece that clips into the roof panel) from the 15+ WRX/STI doesn't fit into the roof panel of the Legacy (square part too big), but you can use your original piece from the Legacy (painted black) or better yet-- do what is outlined in post 5 of this thread (http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5628181&postcount=5) and modify the JDM hook to work. Here I've used the original Legacy piece that I painted black, but the JDM hook would be better.

21820354_120408995326909_7185413817294127104_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
Do you know who the manufacturer of that headliner material is? I’m curious if it can be ordered.

yes definitly .

the fabric come from LTM textile , but they will not sell small quantity.

you can email them they have reseller .

the Miami corporation have it if i remember correct .

this product is great and i recommend it . easy to work with and not expensive at all , it come with the foam or just the fabric .also you have choice in color !

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

updated the parts number for the C pillar Cap , for the Wagon !

i never found the parts number , so you can see i used the sedan cap fot the C pillar and they have been modified to fit on my wagon .

so thanks to jfsn06 for finally solve this mistery !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Gonna bring this back to the top. I really like this. A few questions though.

So those part numbers listed in madrigs first post are the JDM part numbers correct? But where exactly do I buy those parts? And those numbers are for all black pillars? Or are those the part numbers from the 08-14 sti which apparently shares interchangeable parts? Sorry for the newbie confusion.

• 1 month later...