LegacyGT.com

The darker side of the legacy . Black upper trim .

madrig

Just found this thread thanks!

I wonder if I can cheat and leave the headliner in and just glue on a big piece of black material?

I wouldn't advise it. I did the headliner in my civic and taking it out makes it both better and honestly easier. Hitting all those creases, trying to glue it all without getting glue everywhere, holding pressure. If you're already pulling the trim off, the headliner shouldn't be much more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't advise it. I did the headliner in my civic and taking it out makes it both better and honestly easier. Hitting all those creases, trying to glue it all without getting glue everywhere, holding pressure. If you're already pulling the trim off, the headliner shouldn't be much more difficult.

I second this. It's also helpful to have a second pair of hands when taking it out.

• 4 weeks later...
Gonna bring this back to the top. I really like this. A few questions though.

So those part numbers listed in madrigs first post are the JDM part numbers correct? But where exactly do I buy those parts? And those numbers are for all black pillars? Or are those the part numbers from the 08-14 sti which apparently shares interchangeable parts? Sorry for the newbie confusion.

the list of parts is the jdm parts yes and is for the black trim .

this can be order from the dealer in japan . but i think at this date most of the parts are discontinued

08 14 sti share some parts , like the map, dome light .

• 2 months later...

They apply to both. The only one you need to look out for is the c pillar trim. I think the sedan specific trim is called out in the first few posts. You obviously won't need to worry about d pillar or gate trim

Just want to also get some info on this, do some of those part numbers apply to the sedan also or just the wagon?

this parts apply to the sedan also . you need the C pillar specific to sedan and you dont need D pillar and rear gate trim .

• 4 months later...