LegacyGT.com

05-09 LGT/Spec B Pricing Trend

shinjyo

Hi, I am in the market of a 05-09 LGT or Spec B. Manual Tranny.

I want to get an idea what realistic price people are actually selling and buying. Obviously I don't think KBB is that close to reality since they value these cars around $4-5000 due to most of them are around 100k miles. As a buy, I obviously don't think people get what they ask for and wish the purchase price is more reasonable than trying to haggle down to the bottom. As an owner, I definitely wish to get as much as I can but somewhat in the reasonable range.

For LGT, most are asking around $7,000 to $11,000 depends on the conditions, around 100k miles, but general stock or slightly modified, more than half have rebuilt engine.

For Spec B, most are asking around $11,000 to $15,000, 100k to 130k miles, but general stock or slightly modified, more than half have rebuilt engine.

And, of course, I understand the selling numbers are quite low and they are all over different places.

I hope owners who purchased recently or in the past can chip in to provide their numbers:

Model/Year:

Mileage when purchase:

Title:

Condition:

Price paid:

Hope this also help for future owner to get an idea. Thanks!

I bought this spec.B just over two years ago now for $11k with around 116k on the clock. Car had original block/turbo, Cobb intake, catback, lowering springs, and was in generally good shape. Not babied, but clearly whoever did the mods (it had 5 previous owners :spin:) definitely also got it tuned, so I don't think it was abused or neglected. I replaced the turbo shortly after I got it as preventative maintenance, and since have replaced some other performance parts and had it retuned. I autoX it and it's still running great, with no signs of giving up any time soon, so I'm happy.

Model/Year: 2005 LGT Wagon 5MT

Mileage when purchase: 136k

Title: Clean

Condition: Good. One rust spot, possibly a small rear main seal leak and a misfire at idle. Still chasing the misfire, but there is no problem with driveability. Other than that, zero defects. Car had light mods and original motor. Rebuilt turbo.

Price paid: $6500

Hi, I am in the market of a 05-09 LGT or Spec B. Manual Tranny.

I want to get an idea what realistic price people are actually selling and buying. Obviously I don't think KBB is that close to reality since they value these cars around $4-5000 due to most of them are around 100k miles. As a buy, I obviously don't think people get what they ask for and wish the purchase price is more reasonable than trying to haggle down to the bottom. As an owner, I definitely wish to get as much as I can but somewhat in the reasonable range.

For LGT, most are asking around $7,000 to $11,000 depends on the conditions, around 100k miles, but general stock or slightly modified, more than half have rebuilt engine.

For Spec B, most are asking around $11,000 to $15,000, 100k to 130k miles, but general stock or slightly modified, more than half have rebuilt engine.

And, of course, I understand the selling numbers are quite low and they are all over different places.

I hope owners who purchased recently or in the past can chip in to provide their numbers:

Model/Year:

Mileage when purchase:

Title:

Condition:

Price paid:

Hope this also help for future owner to get an idea. Thanks!

I got mine a little over 4 years ago. Paid $12.5k for it with 130k, one owner car, never rebuilt, always stock. Pristine condition for the mileage. Now it has over 200k on it, still original motor and turbo. I did the HGs, clutch, 2nd timing belt at 155k, everything else has been minor/regular upkeep. Between maintenance and mods, I've probably spent a total of $15k since taking ownership.

That said, it's probably worth $10k, maybe a bit more to the right buyer... but it's not like I'd sell. The car is irreplaceable at that price point, IMO.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Model/year: 2008 LGT 5mt

Mileage when purchased: 92k

Title: clean

Condition: Good. Purchased with no mods. Came with carfax and service records. Had a previous accident , but it was repaired and looks great as it is. It has the original block and turbo.

Price paid: 13.5k in December 2015

I purchased the car at a subaru dealership, so I had a new clutch and tires. I've since gone stage 2, and did the 105k service. The car is now at 110k and is running strong. Turbo upgrade coming in the very near future.

Bought my 06 Spec B in stock form with ~115K in July of 2013 for $12.5k.

Still has the original engine and had the original turbo until about 140k miles when I swapped the Vf-52 in. The stock VF-40 is still in great shape.

I have maybe another $2.5-3.5k into it as mods have been few, and maintenance so far has been pretty cheap. Only thing it has needed other than normal maintenance stuff is the 5MT center diff bearings which I just did a few weeks ago.

I think I am the 3rd owner.

Model/Year: LGT limited 2008

Mileage when purchase: 124,000

Title: clean

Condition: I'm the 3rd owner, previous owner bought it CPO and had the engine rebuilt by Subaru under warranty at 60k due to catastrophic turbo failure, 1 accident reported but repaired long before I purchased it from private seller. It had bald tires, spent brakes and needed timing belt service.

Price paid: $7500 in December 2016

Bought mine 3+ years ago for $11,000 (PNW Subaru Tax). Stock motor and drivetrain, short shifter (a little notchy), Lowered 1" or so, Perrin sway bars front and rear. Handled great and pulled hard on the test drive, I was sold, price be damned.

John Hancock

Hey guys, I am looking to buy myself a Legacy but I am slightly on a budget and just wanted some insight on pricing. I have my eye on an '07 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited. It has 167k Miles, 1 owner and is in VERY good condition inside and out. I'm going to go check it out and test drive it on Saturday to feel it out and make sure there's no major drivability issues. They're asking $4,700. Is this a good price or should I keep looking? (Pictures attached below)

IMG_9809.JPG.e76e3d02000800bfcab39fdf649de539.JPG

IMG_9811.JPG.b120fde64fb6e684d3098b37392e82f6.JPG

IMG_9810.JPG.1e70386c976e019a0b61d9a8cf54e6d3.JPG

IMG_9806.JPG.ca1638c3bd2dc1ae29abec970450e28a.JPG

IMG_9808.JPG.15cff2dc3a09d52628fd71f3bffada39.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG.e4d36eb89c875525de9c0f2d2d42a61b.JPG

Archived