LegacyGT.com

Low Mileage Legacy - Who's Out There?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009 LGT Purchased 7/23/2009

48,837 miles. 4471 miles at stage 3

I'm the original owner. The car had 7 miles when I took delivery.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I am the second owner of this vehicle.. I know there is someone in Alaska with a 2007 or 2008 Spec B with 30,000 on it and he's the original owner.

I however have stacked over 20,000 miles on this vehicle since I purchased it last year

I wish I could drive it more. This was my DD for almost 6 years. I travel about 6 months a year for work so the car was garaged for a good portion of its life. About 10k miles were PIT-Philly trips when I had a GF out there in 09-10. Now I have a Grand Cherokee that takes care of all the boring driving. The LGT is just my "fun car" so it will probably only see 2500 miles/year for the rest of its life.

I wish I could drive it more. This was my DD for almost 6 years. I travel about 6 months a year for work so the car was garaged for a good portion of its life. About 10k miles were PIT-Philly trips when I had a GF out there in 09-10. Now I have a Grand Cherokee that takes care of all the boring driving. The LGT is just my "fun car" so it will probably only see 2500 miles/year for the rest of its life.

You wish you could drive it more - yet have another vehicle that you do drive.?? Stop driving - or better yet sell - the Heep and then you can only drive the LGT. :p Unless you go off roading, or tow over 1000 lbs - who needs anything other then an LGT? And besides, driving is only boring if you're in a boring vehicle... like a Cherokee :lol:

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Lol. Nope. No way I'm selling the jeep or the subaru. They are both really good at certain things and really bad at other things. A few examples:

I do tow over 1000lbs

The LGT sucks for extended highway driving- loud exhaust - stiff ride - noisy subaru cabin with creaks and wind and rattles galore

The jeep is way better for date nights with the wife - I valet it with no concern

Creature comforts/technology in the jeep are awesome

Wife needs awd/4wd in winter and she ain't taking the LGT

I do a ton of boring driving because my dog goes with me everywhere that is reasonable. It's not cool to hoon with your dog pinballing around the back seat and I also don't like fur in the LGT. This is the primary reason that the jeep sees more miles than the subaru. In all fairness the jeep isn't boring to drive. It's got plenty of power(5.7L 375hp) and the 8spd auto is fantastic.

MY LGT sucks for extended highway driving- loud exhaust - stiff ride - noisy subaru cabin with creaks and wind and rattles galore

Creature comforts/technology in the jeep are awesome

Wife needs awd/4wd in winter and she ain't taking the LGT

I also don't like fur in the LGT.

In all fairness the jeep isn't boring to drive. It's got plenty of power(5.7L 375hp) and the 8spd auto is fantastic.

Fixed it for you. The LGT is one of the best car's I've drove long distance - but i'm also stock, and will be building to keep a good ride. I've done lots of cross country driving in trucks as well as have put a fair amount of miles on newer cars and they just arent my cup of tea - especially for highway. And cornering with a jeep or truck? Its just not the same. Big engines are fun, but taking twisties is where I get my grins.

Creature comforts/technology? Thats one reason I like older cars - I dont like all that mess. :p More to break or distract me. A shift knob and clutch pedal are all the creature comforts I need.

And it sounds like the wife needs her own vehicle. ;) But I use my car quite a bit, so it would be nearly impossible to have to share a vehicle for me.

I have two huskies. Fur is just a part of my life anymore. :spin:

I do sort of envy those of you that dont drive your LGT's much and can garage them - they sure do keep pretty and clean for longer with less work! :p

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

I have an 08 Lego with 44,000 miles on it. I'm retired and don't drive every day. I bought the car for going on road trips, but for the last two years health problems have stopped me. I missed going to FL last year and again this year, but we're still hoping to make it this year, plus some day and short trips.

Archived