LegacyGT.com

Testing the waters...Our new house is finishing up and my commute will be doubling. I love the OBXT, but not happy with the mpgs, but then again I will probally be able to drive my 240z after I get it road worthy. I haven't been able to do anything to her, but run the Cobb AP stage1 map...replaced the passenger front wheel bearing and now I will be doing the driver side front.

• Moderators
There's your gas mileage problem. Cobb OTS maps run SUPER rich to prevent people from blowing up their cars. Once you get the vf52 on I'd definitely take it to get a tune somewhere and your gas mileage will improve for sure.

I get what you're saying, but the problem is more likely that he simply lives in Northern Virginia. Traffic here blows, and if you are using an LGT / OBXT as a commuter car around here you are going to see about 18mpg, even on a dialed in protune. I've owned 3 of these cars, 2 MTs and a 5EAT, stock and modified, and they all get about the same when running around town and commuting. If you get out on the highway for a long trip, sure you start to see 25+ mpg, but not as a commuter in this area.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

simply lives in Northern Virginia. Traffic here blows,

Yeah, I forgot about that stop and go crap up there. I know where I am James Madison University traffic is awful and is getting to be like NOVA clusterfck bad. Such a small town with almost 55k people in 15ish square miles and most of that is in the center of it. I average about 18-19 with a 20 minute highway commute.

• 4 weeks later...
What's the offset on those wheels? I have rubbing there as well (a lot of us do), but it's from running 245's on a +52 rim. Also, hard cornering and all the flex in the suspension can make them momentarily rub as well.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Good, out of curiousity, how was the insurance payments on the OBXT vs Saaaaabaru.

I ask because I went from a paid off 2002 WRX to a loan on a legacy 2.5i limited to OBXT

Price went down then down even more with the wagon!

I do love me some WRXs though and wouldn't mind picking up a 5-speed saabaru for some hooning around.

• 1 year later...

I have not been on here in sometime...time for some updates!

Lifted her

yBhRevl.jpg

Now she dead!

A couple months ago I lost power and the engine started knocking. Dealer investigated and found that something is in the 4th cyl and is knocking the spark plug flat.

So I bought a LGT for its motor and it came with a surprise...rebuild 50K ago with a BNR EVO 16G!!!

Now I just need to find time to swap motors.

Yramu5Z.jpg

• 3 months later...