LegacyGT.com

Anyone else have a name for your 4th gen?

I've searched and the older gen legacy section has an old thread on this, but I didn't see one for the 05-09's. Curious to see if anyone has named their car and how it came to be the one you chose. As much time and money as most of us have spent with them it would seem I can't be the only one :rolleyes:

When I got my gt in 2007 I already had a short list of things that were going to make this my DD for as long as I could. Besides the usual maintenance things, it was the parts that made it unique to me and a few observant people who recognize a car that stood out from a crowd. Much like a bad ass girl in your life that made others jealous it's yours.

Obviously I chose a girls name because its high maintenance sometimes, and always puts a smile on my face that makes me forget about how much of a money pit she can be..I chose Lucy as it was fitting. Never dated a girl named that so I didn't have a predisposition with it lol...

I just call it the beast. But maybe with the age & miles on it. I should change it's name to "Wolverine". It can still take a beating & keeps coming back for more. :rolleyes::lol:

Funny I call my LGT either the beast, blue bomber or ol blue (you're my boy blue). My 3.6 is usually the grey car. :)

When my daughter was younger 4-5, she called it "Daddy Vroom"

Funny Gex, I've called mine Sheila before, because I like the way the wagons' look from the rear. Sheila had the best ass in H.S.

Damn OP. Lol

Last night around the time you made this thread I had settled on the very same name for my car, Lucy.

Now for the big question do you have a silver sedanas well? Lol

She's OBP,and sexy as hell lol

I call mine the douche mobile because it's a black Subaru with a hood scoop, tinted windows, and gold rims. When I go on dates with new women I try to get there first so they don't see it and assume I'm a douche bag hahaha.

In all seriousness though, I've never given names to my cars even though I get very attached to them. I'm not sure why.

I've been trying to think of a name for a few months now and can't seem to come up with anything worth saving

That's your problem. You don't think of a name, it just comes to you.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-16085-Come-to-Butt-Head-Valentine-Oq7n.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Boris; for a charcoal 2008 Outback XT.

Rocky & Bullwinkle were in Mexico and came across Boris and Natasha. Boris claimed to be the mayor of the village. Rocky sez "but we met the mayor this afternoon, and you don't look anything like him." Boris responds, "oh, he is the day mayor."

Boris has been a nightmare, shortly after the purchase, in 300 miles it went from middle of the dip stick to dry, no puddles, no smoke, no clue, spun bearing. There have been more surprises....

Both Boris's wear Black, somehow appropriate.

When I first got my wagon I had come up with Madison as a name for it. Not 100% sure why. As time has gone on I haven't liked it as much and I'm also not sure why.

I guess if anything I refer to my wagon as Vader Wagon and have a custom key chain that is the profile of a wagon with Vader Wagon etched into it and this fall when I renew my license plates I'm going to be updating it to VDRWGN. And it may be because I'm somewhat of a Star Wars nerd but I'm not doing the typical black with red accent theme that would be correlated with Vader. I'm taking it a step further and pulling the Anakin out with the blue accents since Anakin had a blue lightsaber and I still believe Vader always had good in him. /nerd moment

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I had originally named the wagon "Grmaps", but then Marty named his liberty Gramps and everyone assumed I was copying him. Now, I just refer to it as "the wagon".

My friends call it the dad mobile and/or dad wagon. :lol:

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

This is good...talking with my neighbor about the damage on my car from a lady pulling in straight for my front bumper, he named his outback Bernice. Because of the auto brake system reacts like a Bernice sitting in the back seat telling you..."you know you were too close anyway", with a raspy deep I eat my cigarettes voice lol

Boxkita is the dog breed and boxkita is the wagon that hauls him around.

Sgt.Gator named the racecar "Silver Eagle".

My wife calls them "money pit 1" and "money pit 2".

This makes me chuckle at every single time I've heard "boxkitty."

Archived