LegacyGT.com

Anyone else have poor handling?

So I have an 05 LGT and I live by the mountains I love going up some times and ,I guess you can say, "carve the canyons". But the can't doesn't perform like I would like it to. Suspension wise I have nothing but Tein lowering springs and I have Federal 595 RSR tires which have made a huge difference. But when I take a turn I feel like the car is about to flip because of all the body roll. Any idea where to start with mods?

Sway bars and endlinks and better struts.

I run a 25mm front sway bar and 22mm rear sway bar with adjustable endlinks all around. makes a much greater handling difference than springs.

I also run an H&R Spring with koni adjustable struts. amazing setup.

but start with sway bars. dont forget the AVO rear mount reinforcements or your rear mounting points may rip off with a bigger bar

Wow you just love starting new threads don't ya! There are suspension subforums with tons of info. You also have to remember these are mid size sedans/wagons. They aren't stiff body handling greats. They are a modest family car with a turbo power plant.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

You act like you are the first person to ask this question! People have been asking and answering this one since 2004. But, I guess your case is unique. :lol:

Good thing you saved so much money on buying your car from that old guy, so now you can afford to upgrade your worn out 10-year-old suspension pieces.

New shocks, good anti-sway bars, better bushings, better brakes. Your front LCA bushings are probably shot, so it's a good time to install a new bushing kit.

Read the Suspension forum archives, I know it's just too much trouble, but really, you'll learn a lot from the old guys.

Remember you can use Google to search here. Try "site:legacygt.com suspension upgrade shocks". Have fun.

Damn man, if it's a hassle to answer my questions don't do it. I just get curious and I want current up to date 2017 ******* answers not ones from threads before they knew what an iPhone was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn man, if it's a hassle to answer my questions don't do it. I just get curious and I want current up to date 2017 ******* answers not ones from threads before they knew what an iPhone was

I'm trying to help you by giving you a good source of information. I also have tried to answer many of your questions on here.

Problem is you are too stubborn to listen and too arrogant to learn from people who have gone before you. Plus, you show lack of respect for your elders. :lol:

So I will take your advice. :ignore:

Sounds like you would much prefer Facebook groups. The known ways of modifying these cars from old hasn't changed much as products haven't changed much.

Just curious, how old are you?

2005 Vader Wagon

Quick answer: Struts, sway bars, roll center/bumpsteer kit. Caster bushings make the steering feel better.

I personally think the stock front bar is probably going to be fine for my driving style and how I use the car (also, subaru's understeer enough as is), and will start by just replacing the rear bar at some point this summer. Going from a 14mm to a 21mm rear bar completely transformed my accord.

You're at the point where you have too much tire for the stock suspension to properly utilize, and your front roll center is probably compromised by the lowering springs (if they're H-tech's it won't be too terrible, but S-tech's will be pretty bad). Welcome to bodyroll and understeer world.

Also, as you've by now been informed, there's a suspension subforum with a bunch of stickies about these sorts of topics, as well as posts possibly asking/answering the same thing you're wondering. People get pissy when noobs show up and just ask questions without having looked for the answer themselves before asking, because a lot of the same questions get asked over and over.

Okay that makes a lot of sense and you have a lot to learn. What you really need to do is the exact same thing I did, read. All of the info on here, especially the stickies in each subforum, no matter how old is extremely valuable and even sometimes it still gets updated to have the most current information in the first post. If you aren't sure jump to the end of the thread and as your question there.

It sounds like you bought this car because you got it cheap but you really wanted a WRX or STi because you really wanted one but couldn't afford one because of how well they hold their value so a turbo legacy was the next best thing.

2005 Vader Wagon

It sounds like you bought this car because you got it cheap but you really wanted a WRX or STi because you really wanted one but couldn't afford one because of how well they hold their value so a turbo legacy was the next best thing.

Hey now, some of us bought LGT's because they're 90% of the fun of a WRX/STi in a better looking, far more comfortable package. And they've wanted a 4th gen legacy since they came out while they were learning to drive on a 3rd gen.

Also it's cheaper.

Maybe we're being a tad too rough on new people round here lately? Idk.

Anywho... to be a productive reply: You've got a lot of grip and you're lowered. That's good. However, you have no way of controlling the effects of more grip: body movement. Controlling that body movement requires damping which matches the spring rates properly, and sway bars to apply the opposite damper's force to the outside of the turn as well. Koni inserts, Bilstein HD's, and coilovers are all very common ways of fixing this issue you're having. In fact, there's a lot of stickies about it in the suspension and fourth-gen subforums.

We're happy to help make recommendations, but you've got to do some research on your own as well. All redundant threads do is take up server space and show lack of initiative. ;)

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I bought it because for $3900 there was nothing else with 100k miles that was stick and not front wheel drive. I like it now but just bought it as a temporary car but I want to have fun with it

I've got a brand new in box whiteline bsr39z rear sway bar. Ordered but never got around to installing. Looking to get $185+shipping OBO.

2017-02-26%2021.39.04.jpg

I'm so interested, but don't know if I can afford these until tomorrow. Hope I can get to this before it's gone

I replied to his "what other struts fit" thread only too be shot down because "he will look into it". I now see this kids true colors and this will be my last reply or response to any of his threads. Have fun all.....

Lol

Archived