LegacyGT.com

Stumbling/hitting a wall in lower rpms

Try the sti fpr mod and tee the fpr vacuum into the bpv hose. I had this same issue and the fpr mod cleared it up. Hopefully it helps you out.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try the sti fpr mod and tee the fpr vacuum into the bpv hose. I had this same issue and the fpr mod cleared it up. Hopefully it helps you out.

For your 1st post you nailed it! :lol:

This was the simple trick that I didn't explained in my last post. I "T" my BPV hose to the FPR and it fixed the problem.

But since the OP has mods, it could be related to one of the 2 links I posted.

My wife's balls are delicious.

The most common fix is to "T" off the bpv and place the hose on the small vacuum line on the lower part of the FPR. You could "T" off the bpv or the boost gauge hose, as long as you have some sort of pressure going to the FPR.

Link? I couldn't find anything when searching for the fpr mod

FJuan posted the link to the FPR mod.

It helped my hesitation, but it was just hesitation, not completely slamming into a wall.

My TB was the wall. See the difference below, these graphs should be identical:

SOQUgNnMsH0GMTPykQMlVi_2llSZovOKsU_7ADv5sitxwrhPi1LmvJAKoLVfSynb9vv4xcMG1uEmUio5pP6eM-XYJliPj1IWeMz0woHtinhOE75TD1X72yJrKoCs3XBwOxahRMs4s0E8B8bYuEomfPPfbqj3fflLXuN-3OSRzfnglJcfNg4wRemcrf8GKcGX-ceVXsm831NHqP_Td99y1Euxw6ZBMv8GUngSomgjCC-dNRQ2LGe36XvgUMPXLm8OMfpqTPKDqH-5kRA77Eea16udZoZszYOOITv7BnKQoW3H0vUcJmn_IbuaIrccRtreLaf7DOIa_s2V1CIDJfgcK1nTIJ8R84tHcAQb-GRovntgfPU0aCY9K5BlIQrPOWJm4dniTHDzqSRuJJa1r-tXusAJ5ynUIj7ijp7e0p6JHIfZpQvAhz9DUJu82wvI39mtdGpBpwDkmfoR948DDlDgBsbcSivtmZBeJlqopO5XC-tIiYIC_Vk6Bi7zitBSbBKQBEjL3HEU0UP9bMtU7p5q-gU_b7biTX5BJ-Vlc6PCnxKWlHZt0WX2SgTCuCIayy3QtCNEyKwvydELcuiS_pGVm1DmvLrGykMdZPaXd7_UMXmZOJNeHzQJdw=w541-h721-no

FJuan posted the link to the FPR mod.

It helped my hesitation, but it was just hesitation, not completely slamming into a wall.

My TB was the wall. See the difference below, these graphs should be identical:

It's a starting point since he has some mods, once corrected then he may need a retune.

Run your boost gauge off the intake manifold nipple that the factory fpr is in, then T the fpr into the bpv. Idk if you can run both off the bpv. A good trick to try is to just T the factory fpr into the bpv. Run that for a few days and see if it's still stumbling.

Yea that was my plan, I'll just run my boost gauge off the nipple that the fpr is tapped into now, and the run the fpr vac line into the bpv line and see if there's any change

Sounds good. Let us know how things go!

So just swapped the vac lines and took it for a spin, hard to say, it was pretty much gone, maybe very very slightly still there, but I didn't reset the ecu so idk if that really mattered or not with some vacuum related

One thing I did notice, and maybe it's just the placebo effect of me swapping the lines, but it looked as if my Wideband read a lot more clearly, wasn't bouncing all around, almost like it was more stable, but again don't really know what that would effect just swapping vac lines around

So just swapped the vac lines and took it for a spin, hard to say, it was pretty much gone, maybe very very slightly still there, but I didn't reset the ecu so idk if that really mattered or not with some vacuum related

One thing I did notice, and maybe it's just the placebo effect of me swapping the lines, but it looked as if my Wideband read a lot more clearly, wasn't bouncing all around, almost like it was more stable, but again don't really know what that would effect just swapping vac lines around

Nice sounds like its working. I didnt reset my ecu either. Mine only does it on cold starts and I drive right away.

Definitely made it a lot better at least in the 2 days, I bought a sti fpr and I'll do that mod as well car feels a lot better

Nice. After I did the install, it did stumble for a day or two, but eventually went away. My guess is that changing the lines etc caused an air bubble.

Nice. After I did the install, it did stumble for a day or two, but eventually went away. My guess is that changing the lines etc caused an air bubble.

An air bubble in your fuel lines would probably disappear during cranking. More likely your fuel trims were adjusting to the different fuel supply from the regulator mod.

An air bubble in your fuel lines would probably disappear during cranking. More likely your fuel trims were adjusting to the different fuel supply from the regulator mod.

Ahhh okay. Sorry I'm still a noob...

Archived