LegacyGT.com

My 08 LGT makes a noise from 2500 rpm to 3500. Its my first turbo car so im new to all of these new noises. It didnt make this noise when I bought the car in december. I replaced the air filter last night... could it be that? I feel no difference in acceleration. Can anyone help me figure this out?

• I Donated Too

"Makes a noise" - Lol - maybe you didn't have the radio on before?

Make sure all the intake hoses are on tight. What did you loosen up to get the filter in, did you put it all back properly?

Sorry everyone! I've been told that the filter change has caused the noise. I'm just gonna take it to Subaru for this since no one can figure it out. I also have no idea on how to post the video i have. No one can hear it through the video.

what noise!!!? lol

what noise does changing an air filter make, so much so it needs to go back to Subaru?

where in MA are you because I am now so curious...

The woosh wasn't there because dirty filter and now there is woosh noise!! Probably has an SPT intake on it. :spin::spin:

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Hopefully his dealership is better than my dealership. My Mom took her Outback there with a wheel bearing that was so bad it was making a grinding metal noise which changed with vehicle speed.

The dealership charged her $50 to fix an exhaust heat shield and sent the car home with the noise still there. HAHAHA.

No one can figure it out when you don't provide any info. Crystal balls are so unreliable these days.

:icon_conf :icon_conf

I havent just asked here, Ive asked other places like local groups and facebook groups. Most just say take it to a dealer. I have to bring her anyway so I'll just point it out lol.

Hopefully his dealership is better than my dealership. My Mom took her Outback there with a wheel bearing that was so bad it was making a grinding metal noise which changed with vehicle speed.

The dealership charged her $50 to fix an exhaust heat shield and sent the car home with the noise still there. HAHAHA.

Jesus thats horrible. .-.

I havent just asked here, Ive asked other places like local groups and facebook groups. Most just say take it to a dealer. I have to bring her anyway so I'll just point it out lol.

I don't understand why you would ask the question if you don't care about getting an answer. Makes no sense.

:confused:

Archived