Alternative to Moore Performance blast plates

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Jared pulled through and got a prototype set installed in his car. They fit with no issues.

He did an excellent write up on the install seen here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vr001-transmission-blast-plate-install-268339.html?t=268339

I have 7 sets completed going to powder coat this week.

I also sourced bolts so threaded rod is not required.

These plates were a bit more involved to manufacture and had added costs due extra laser cut parts and having to source oem shift cable brackets to modify.

Forum price will be 390 shipped to your door, I do international shipping but at buyers expense.

rMSCYXo.jpg

Great job Vince! I will take a set. Do you have a company name or logo you could put on them? Maybe a little laser cutplate that could be tack welded on, similar to how Perrin and ADF do their logos. I want to give credit where it's due.

Great job Vince! I will take a set. Do you have a company name or logo you could put on them? Maybe a little laser cutplate that could be tack welded on, similar to how Perrin and ADF do their logos. I want to give credit where it's due.

Thank you, I will see what I can do on getting some stainless logo's cut out.

Glad to see these finally finished. At least my old trans went to some kind of use.

It died so others may live... Thank you again! Wouldn't of been possible without having an empty case to throw on the CMM.

I'm in for the buy. I totally agree with GTeaser - brand that baby!

Sounds like a plan, I just need to come up with something cool :cool::cool::cool:

Is there a FS thread, or Group Buy thread? Or are we just contacting Vince thru PM?

Oh sorry, I have his cell #. I guess I've been in touch with him for about a year about producing 5th gen plates.

His email for PayPal is vincentcooldahl@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch with him about buying a set. The first post of this thread has his gmail address as well.

I think Vince is working through PM as of now but it'd be nice if we ran a Group Buy thread. GTEASER would you be willing to show him how to set one up?
He would have to set a Group Buy up thru SBT, but he would probably qualify as a homebrew vendor (HBV), so no forum vendor fees. Plus, he's offering a product that no one else makes, so there's no worry there of competition with other vendors.

Got mine ordered the other day. You boys better pony up. As with all other 5th gen specific parts, these may be a very limited quantity.

Thanks again for the order we are down to 6 sets for the original batch. Having all the fixtures/ hard work done it wont be an issue to run more sets from here on out.

Is there a FS thread, or Group Buy thread? Or are we just contacting Vince thru PM?

I'll see what I can do to get a group buy started, any mods I should talk to or a rule list to follow?

Oh sorry, I have his cell #. I guess I've been in touch with him for about a year about producing 5th gen plates.

His email for PayPal is vincentcooldahl@yahoo.com if you want to get in touch with him about buying a set. The first post of this thread has his gmail address as well.

above is my paypal email and I no longer have access to that yahoo account, best way to get in contact is on here via pm or vdahlae@gmail.com

I think Vince is working through PM as of now but it'd be nice if we ran a Group Buy thread. GTEASER would you be willing to show him how to set one up?

He would have to set a Group Buy up thru SBT, but he would probably qualify as a homebrew vendor (HBV), so no forum vendor fees. Plus, he's offering a product that no one else makes, so there's no worry there of competition with other vendors.

WOOHOO!

Vince, you need to create a list on the ones spoken for and how many you have left...

I will update this post as they sell.

Working on becoming a HBV to get a more organized group buy.

From the first batch of 7

1. ebo03 paid shipped

2. islandborn spoken for

3. GTEASER spoken for

4. paid shipped not sure of member name

Edited by VR001

Doing any type of discount for say the first committed 10?

My goal has always been to keep the costs down.

The price of 390 shipped is the best I can do right now.

This new design has a bit more welding and fab time involved than the original plates.

Purchasing/ modifying the shift cable brackets added a bit onto the cost.

Being a trial run all the standoffs were made by hand on a manual lathe which ate up quite a bit of time/ cost.

I am in contact with a local small company that does cnc turning work, if the demand is still there after these plates sell, I will pony up for a lifetime inventory of standoffs and pass the savings onto you guys.

They should. Our cases have those cast in gussets down the sides for the tranny mounted engine mounts which necessitated an extremely modified design of Vince's original for the earlier 5-speed style case and I doubt the 2015+ WRX cases have those gussets, but everything else should be the same with regard to the case and shift cable bracket..