LegacyGT.com

Alternative to Moore Performance blast plates

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's pictures of my Moore Blast plates modified to fit a 5th gen. The trans went out on a 1 - 2 shift (using the clutch). It was at the release of the clutch and the engagement of 2nd that it crunched. Remember the 5th gen trans is a 5 speed WRX trans with a 6th gear crammed in thanks to shaved cogs. If you want internal pics of the trans let me know.

The image with the red line is from the Moore website showing a WRX trans. The red line is a hunk of metal on the 5th gen that's not there for the WRX. It has to be trimmed and one of the bolts needs to be longer. I'm not aware of any other modifications but the work was done by a shop not me so YMMV.

Blast_Plate_v2.thumb.jpg.75e5566db8f15fe8b36f3bbaca211582.jpg

Blast_Plate_Top_Down.JPG.1e0e806385a73ffc9b397bfa943f115b.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG.bfec235f9cf2bd5be8f2f874b04fcd20.JPG

IMG_6659.JPG.f9417c19a39605c2b11ecb24e59f037e.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG.0d5f78ff224c91940285ef7c73be3e05.JPG

IMG_6662.JPG.41bb6832a02afb40c6ee0f3e8bd8f0a8.JPG

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone on here working towards getting this product made.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated with the progress and appreciate any input you guys have to give.

Vince

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone on here working towards getting this product made.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated with the progress and appreciate any input you guys have to give.

Vince

Welcome to the forum Vince -- Evan

Welcome to the forum Vince! As you develop this product for our transmissions, you should try to hunt down someone local to you that has a 2015+ WRX 6MT to make sure it fits their transmission as well. This one product could be a huge market for you. From what we understand, their transmission is the same as ours, just minus the large gussets that extend toward the bell housing for the weird engine mounting system that we have.

Welcome to the forum Vince! As you develop this product for our transmissions, you should try to hunt down someone local to you that has a 2015+ WRX 6MT to make sure it fits their transmission as well. This one product could be a huge market for you. From what we understand, their transmission is the same as ours, just minus the large gussets that extend toward the bell housing for the weird engine mounting system that we have.

Welcome to the forum Vince -- Evan

Thanks guys! I will definitely keep an eye out for a 2015+ 6mt trans, it would be awesome to know if this new design would work on both, Might be kind of difficult to come across one considering the young age of the vehicle.

Thanks guys! I will definitely keep an eye out for a 2015+ 6mt trans, it would be awesome to know if this new design would work on both, Might be kind of difficult to come across one considering the young age of the vehicle.

I know a guy here in CA that swapped out his 2016 WRX 6MT for a STI tranny. His old one is sitting at his installers shop. If you need a test fit with a tranny thats not installed in a car, send me a finished product that works for our Legacy transmission, and I can arrange a test fit on that 2015 WRX 6MT tranny.

One thing that turned a lot of people off of this(besides the price) is the need to remove the transmission from the car to install the plates. I'm not sure how the trans tunnel is situation on the 5th Gen, but on the 4th, there was not enough space to install the bolts due to the close proximity of the transmission to the tunnel. I did find a way to do it with the transmission left in the car by drilling a single hole in the trans tunnel, sliding the bolt in, then resealing it. It's another option for those interested if it comes to that.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5121452&postcount=28

NOTE - Make sure if you use this method to pull back the carpet. In the 4th gen, the main wiring harness ran right where I drilled the hole. If I hadn't checked, it would have been a huge problem.

I know a guy here in CA that swapped out his 2016 WRX 6MT for a STI tranny. His old one is sitting at his installers shop. If you need a test fit with a tranny thats not installed in a car, send me a finished product that works for our Legacy transmission, and I can arrange a test fit on that 2015 WRX 6MT tranny.

That would be awesome, I'll probably take you up on that :)

Here are the 5MT plates I recently purchased for the day the Baja needs any trans upgrades. We're in good hands with Vince. I can tell by the packaging that he's a meticulous guy.

755265173f151432ecdae051736df447.jpg

10.9 hardware

e8bcee89da7f9df396aee4e34c3e7ef3.jpg

Instructions for dummies

5e87137f1ced32957867098161efc74d.jpg