LegacyGT.com

What would you do?

Yeah tapatalk does suck in that way. Do yourself a favor right now too and turn off the tapatalk signature feature since its not really a signature its just added text in your post.

Keep an eye on the classifieds here. I bought my GS TMIC here and saved a couple hundred buying it lightly used over new as well as I got my VF52 on here and quite a few other pieces.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Yeah tapatalk does suck in that way. Do yourself a favor right now too and turn off the tapatalk signature feature since its not really a signature its just added text in your post.

Keep an eye on the classifieds here. I bought my GS TMIC here and saved a couple hundred buying it lightly used over new as well as I got my VF52 on here and quite a few other pieces.

Done.

Don't forget to do the resistor EGT mod when you change the up pipe. Imperative to keep the ECM happy. Easy to find a walkthrough and very easy to do.

The best money you can spend is on brakes and suspension. RSB braces are an absolute must as they tear even with light spirited driving. Larger RSB along with good links and PU bushings. Change front LCA Bushings out with Whiteline and also PU FSB bushings and links. Those mods alone will make your car feel completely different in a great way.

Next is brakes and good fluid is a must. I run Wilwood EXP600 because of the boiling point. Solid pads (Hawk HPS, Porterfield, EBC, etc.) and good Centric blanks will not cost too much, and will give you far superior braking power. Put it all together with freshly painted calipers and then flush with the new fluid, and you'll be absolutely shocked at how much better they stop. Make sure and bed them in properly.

Cheap thrills include a Bayson R lip for about $90.00 and you can also get a rear window spoiler on ebay for about the same. Easy to install and changes the look of the car.

Once you have all of this done, then you have a choice to either go for power or continue on with suspension (lowering the car, more bushings, better struts, etc.) and adding wheels, or leaving it as a sleeper and building more power.

Cheap thrills include a Bayson R lip for about $90.00 and you can also get a rear window spoiler on ebay for about the same. Easy to install and changes the look of the car.

Window spoiler on a sedan? Not sure about that...

I've considered going stage 2 with parts (UP/DP, intake, exhaust, TMIC?) before ever getting the AP. Also, have thought about just doing the port and OTS Stg1 for the initial power gain...but I'm "car-tarded" so this will be a hard decision. My best bud Austin is an experienced Subie owner (LGT and STi in past) so I'm leaning on him for things as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Good news on the Stage 2 situation! Intake and catback are not going to restrict you for a little while. All you need is UP/DP, AccessPort and a good tune. I did this on my car and Tuning Alliance gave me a reasonable price on all of it bundled together along with a custom tune by Mike Kinsman (TuningAlliance.com).

The way it works is:

1) you do the parts install (uppipe, downpipe),

2) load the initial stage 2 tune that tuning alliance sends you onto your accessport from a computer.

3) set up the AccessPort with your car and install the initial tune.

4) You have to record a few logs on the accessport and email them back to Mike. Then he sends you an updated, more dialed in tune to flash to the car. This process happens a couple times until he's satisfied that the tune is dialed in.

It turns out this is a really solid first step. A lot of people just stay at Stage 2. Honestly, Stage 2 is kind of how I always imagined the car would feel before I ever drove one. You can then collect parts gradually after that. That's what I'm doing.

All that being said, yeah the stock handling is pretty frustrating and there's no way to do spirited driving without tackling that IMO.

It takes quite a bit of will power to stay at stage 2. I told myself that's where I'd stay for awhile. Thennnn I started going down the rabbit hole when I picked up a vf52 for cheap and was watching the classifieds for other deals.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

It takes quite a bit of will power to stay at stage 2. I told myself that's where I'd stay for awhile. Thennnn I started going down the rabbit hole when I picked up a vf52 for cheap and was watching the classifieds for other deals.

This is my fear...

I'm basically stage 2 with the Up/Down and TA custom tune; my solution is to look at a JMP custom vf40/46 to get a little bit more without having to go down the road of supporting mods. Hopefully my tax return is favorable this year and I can do it, we'll see.

I'd love to go with a JDM front/rear bumpers for mine, but cost wise I just can't justify it right now.

Note: ... and yes, if you read this forum for too long you will also buy parts you never knew you needed, but suddenly can't live without.

Haha I was just describing this car as a rabbit hole to my friend recently. It started out as getting another Subaru and I always loved the LGT. Little did I know there would be many nights following links and verifying advice on this forum.

I literally have a pile of brand new car parts to install-

Freshly rebuilt vf52, GS TMIC, Perrin Pro EBCS, GS intake, Hella fogs (Yes I know it's not an impreza :lol:), etc.

Plan to install this summer along with a couple other things.

Rear window spoiler/lip. I like the way it looks and so do a lot of others but to each his own.

After responding, I actually went and looked around at these.

I now have it on my shopping list [emoji57]

Continual. Sustainable. Improvement.

Archived