See Legacy page for more

from edmunds.com

Performance:

0 - 30 (sec): 2.6

0 - 45 (sec): 4.6

0 - 60 (sec): 7.0

0 - 75 (sec): 10.6

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 15.45 @ 91.55

The thing is, the small block V8 will be much faster... It is close in the 0-60, the worst test to compare the two. Any other acceleration test and the SS will pull away from the LGT. How about from a 5 mph roll? highway? passing? 1/4? I bet the SS will be a good 3-5mph faster than the LGT at the end of the strip. That is a huge difference. And that is comparing apples to oranges since that would be a LGT with manual versus SS with automatic.

Again, if you refine the class enough, of course it will win! AWD, manual transmission, under 30K... Yes, the Legacy is the fastest! (at least until the MS6 comes out, hehe)

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnn

edmunds does that gay "exceleration under normal conditions" bullcrap. what it means is that they gradually excellerate the car not floor it.

im starting to think your having a little sedan envy.... :lol: all in all, when it comes down to it, yes your gonna abuse your clutch, but your gonna smoke 99% of whats on the road. I know you didnt say MS6 is faster....:lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Bah, I am lighter than the bling sedan! ;) And it is so much more fun using my mad driving skillz to beat up on sedan owners in a wagon. :D You non-bling sedan owners will have bleeding ears if you beat me, will be using the 55 pound weight difference as my excuse! :D

Just trying to get the point across that other than the hard launch, the LGT has plenty of competition in terms of acceleration in roughly the same class, and not to base overall LGT acceleration performance on that number alone, because you will get burned.

MS6 will beat the LGT in all performance tests.

-B

I was talking fastest offered to fastest offered. Impala doesn't have a stick option, otherwise I would have suggested it.

Legacy does, and it is faster than the LGT automatic. BTW, did they say if they engaged Sport mode, or manually shifted the LGT? Those can have an effect. If they just stomped the gas pedal the way they would with an automatic Impala, then that would be something to consider, as they didn't get as much out of the 5EAT as possible. Maybe they did. We don't know.

The availability of the MT and AWD are the HUGE, DEFINITIVE reasons I am looking to get a Legacy for my next car. I won't consider the Impala, faster or not, because it doesn't have either those two things, among other serious deficiencies.

BTW, how fun to drive is the front-plowing Impala? How nice is it to look at or sit in? How fast is it around a road course in comparison to an LGT? In the Rain? in the SNOW?

So comparing a LGT 5MT with an Impala SS is appropriate. I compare them, and the LGT wins hands down. Subaru, or at least a current Subaru owner will get my money when the time comes.

I still think those numbers are slow, but I'll have to wait until I have a bit more free time to sift through test numbers to see if I can find faster tests.

C&D is not infallible, BTW, nor is any other rag. And for someone who consumes autojournalism on a very regular basis, I can't stand to read C&D anymore, and I subscribed to that for many years in the past. Automobile and Motortrend are sometimes OK, but not consistent enough to subscribe to. I buy on the news stand anymore because it is such slim pickings that some months I can't find much worth buying, and other months I buy two or three different titles.

I am buying British car rags more than US lately. As long as they are all catering to the same supercars, and ignoring the rest of the automotive universe, it comes down to content, and the British press just has more, and meatier content.

I don't think that C&D deserves the pedestal you seem to be putting them on. Just because someone does something for a living doesn't mean they are extremely good at it. I find that AutoJournos tend to be more about selling certain cars with their flowery prose than they are scientific testers or accomplished drivers. Not that I am either one, but I can tell bias when I see it.

Why do you think the LGT gets such little press as it does? It isn't proportional to the quality of the car. It is proportional to how much advertising power and industry influence Subaru as a company has. Subaru had to knock one out of the park with the WRX STi to really get noticed by the automotive press, even though the WRX itself was selling like gangbusters before they noticed.

I think Bu11dogg2 is the only one putting them up on a pedestal, I was making fun of them... ;)

"I will let car and driver , people who test cars for a living know that you think that they are poor drivers."

I was just pointing out the fact they got some pretty horrible times out of an automatic...

Fastest to fastest? Fine! I still think the SS is going to beat the LGT in a 1/4 race, in passing performance, and from any speed from 5 mph and up.

And of course I think the Legacy GT is a great car, I have one! But the thread was started about which car is fastest EvAr...

And of course, we all know that to be the SRT-4. Which, if you don't know, can be- oh nevermind, hehe.

-B

I have driven both the SE-R and the GXP. In fact my wife prefers the SE-R to the LGT mainly because of the fact it is a little bigger on the inside. The fact that the GXP is not available with a stick was a deal killer . It did have a great V-8 rumble and it seemed very quick. Like some of the previous post when it comes to "Bang for the Buck" its hard to top the LGT. For me theres nothing like the rush of the turbo spooling up and the kick in the a$$ it gives. Thats why INEEDBOOST!

Who can tell anymore :lol:

I still think the GT is faster than some of those numbers suggest, and I think it will give a run to any of the 4-doors short of an STI/EVO, and most 2-doors, under 40k. It certainly aint at the bottom of the pile like a craptastic taurus or sebring.

I still think a Small Block V8 turned sideways driving the front wheels is a bad choice. Understeer of the Yeer. Torque steer of the century. I'm gonna keep my eyes on the ditches this winter, and count them up... if any are sold...

I already have a MS6 versus LGT bet going... We shall see.

Yes, LGT is a great car! That's why I am spending a lotta Beanboy bucks to own one!

But, this thread was all about the FAStEsT...I think.

i want in on that bet!!!!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Accord V6, Altima V6, SRT-4, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Pontiac GXP, BMW 330i... I believe the Accord, Altima and 330i in V6 and I6 versions sell more than the complete Subaru line does, so they are very common.

Accord V6 is definitely not faster than an LGT from a roll - comparing mt cars (not even close from a stop). The Altima is really close, too close to call. As for the Impala SS, I'll assume you're talking about the new 5.3l version, since the older blown 3.8l runs out of breath quickly up top unless modded. BMW 330i I'm not sure about.

Sad to say, but the Cobalt SS probably is slightly faster from a roll and the SRT-4 definitely is..

Archived