LegacyGT.com

Research!!!!

I have done research as well... it would seem that for its class, the LGT is one of the fastest, if not THE fastest. But thats just in its class. As for one of the fastest, it can whoop up on 90% of the cars/trucks on the road and about 40% or so of the "sports cars" on the road... But thats just from what I have seen and some rough estimates.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Really depends on the class or vehicle you are looking at. Granted the GT is fast but seriously not in the BIG Stakes. EVO & M3 for starters would hand u yr backside all day.... everyday. But if u are talking in the same price category, you cant go past the GT for pure dollar for dollar excitment and RUSH.

Ada///M.

it can whoop up on 90% of the cars/trucks on the road and about 40% or so of the "sports cars" on the road... But thats just from what I have seen and some rough estimates.

:confused: what 60% beats a legacy? rsx=no gti=no integra=no civic=no wrx=no volvos80 =no i would say the legacy is faster than 95% of all cars including sport cars

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

:confused: what 60% beats a legacy? rsx=no gti=no integra=no civic=no wrx=no volvos80 =no i would say the legacy is faster than 95% of all cars including sport cars

Take note of the "sports cars"... not just limiting that to the cars in the same class...

Mustang Cobra, evo, sti, 06' GTO, Viper, BMW's, Ferrari, Porsche, some Audi's, True american muscle cars, aston martin... Lots of "sports cars" can take it... they may not be in the same class, but they can still hand you your rear...

Take note of the "sports cars"... not just limiting that to the cars in the same class...

Mustang Cobra, evo, sti, 06' GTO, Viper, BMW's, Ferrari, Porsche, some Audi's, True american muscle cars, aston martin... Lots of "sports cars" can take it... they may not be in the same class, but they can still hand you your rear...

your 100% right. but.... those cars make up maybe 1% of whats on the road

We are really talking outside the budget of what u can afford if yr looking at GT prices.

NO RISK a lot of those vehicles are WOW in statistics let alone real life handling but if u look at the price difference, they would want to have WOW stats and AMAZING power .

Ada///M.

PS. As stated above, pound for pound, dollar for dollar, u can't go past the GT or LibertySTi for that matter.

your 100% right. but.... those cars make up maybe 1% of whats on the road

It depends on the area your in... for example, there arent many cars in my area that can take on a LGT, or even put up a struggle for it... But in other area's, the LGT is one of the slower... Take for example Germany... Everyone drives BMW there...

And also, in my rough % estimates, I am not counting the # of cars on the road and driven everyday... its one of those, if I were to place the LGT on a scale vs every car.

But in the daily drivers on the road, no... there arent many that could take it and the % would be much higher. But also, take note of the area, some areas it would be higher, some would be lower.

Well, what are you using to determine faster?

Given equal drivers, there are plenty of everyday cars that will give a LGT challenge in the 1/4 mile, and will easily beat one from a roll, especially comparing automatics to automatics. And take away a strong AWD launch that many folks can't/won't do, and it becomes even worse.

Let's see:

Accord V6, Altima V6, SRT-4, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Pontiac GXP, BMW 330i... I believe the Accord, Altima and 330i in V6 and I6 versions sell more than the complete Subaru line does, so they are very common.

Let's see:

Accord V6, Altima V6, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Pontiac GXP, BMW 330i... I believe the Accord, Altima and 330i in V6 and I6 versions sell more than the complete Subaru line does, so they are very common.

^^^not faster than a GT though. not a single one of those beats 6 sec to 60

Oh, so 0-60 is what we are using then eh? Altima and 330i go 0-60 under 6 seconds. Accord/Impala SS/Pontiac GXP is a maybe...

But, why not 1/4 mile for performance test? Certainly a more useful and more accepted means to measure a car's acceleration ability than 0-60.

And the automatic versions of the above would beat the GT to 60.

But the SE-R lunges down the drag strip, putting 60 mph behind it in 6.1 seconds, rattling off a quarter-mile in 14.8 seconds at 97 mph.

BMW330i As our exclusive test numbers show, it is also very quick for a less-than-$40,000 compact sports sedan: 0 to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds and the standing quarter-mile in 14.3 seconds at 98 mph. not in the same price range as legacy!!

Chevy claims a 0-to-60 time of 5.7 seconds for the SS. A short drive seemed to confirm that number

Tramp on the gas, and the GXP rumbles to 60 mph in 5.7 seconds (0.9 second quicker than the GTP we tested in July 2003).

the legacy is a proven 5.3 seconds low 14's high 13's STOCK

Okay, so your comment "but.... those cars make up maybe 1% of whats on the road" is now out the window, we are now looking at similar cost, sells as many or more as the LGT (not very hard to do) and is in the same class and manual transmission only? Given enough restrictions, the LGT of course with be the fastest, it will be the only one in the class! :D

Altima does 0-60 in under 6... Hell, Nissan themselves are advertising 5.9 seconds in their latest ad which I believe was from a Car and Driver test. 1/4 times of low 14s with speeds ranging from 97-100 mph.

And remember, all of these super times with the LGT are with some very good drivers/or clutch dumps, what have you personally run 0-60 and the 1/4 mile in? Do you have a 5MT or 5AT?

Other than launching hard from a stop, any of the above cars stock for stock will beat the Legacy given equal drivers.

Nothing really magical about the LGT. Altima weighs less and puts more power to the ground, shouldn't be all that surprising that it will catch and pass a LGT. Same goes for other cars that weigh about the same with equal or greater power from large 6 cylinder engines with 2WD.

What is great about the LGT is that if you are into modifying, the turbo certainly offers some obvious advantages. And if you are tired of traction issues, the AWD as well.

Okay, so your comment "but.... those cars make up maybe 1% of whats on the road" is now out the window, we are now looking at similar cost, sells as many or more as the LGT (not very hard to do) and is in the same class and manual transmission only? Given enough restrictions, the LGT of course with be the fastest, it will be the only one in the class!

NO NO NO the 1% had to do with cars that are FASTER. the gt is faster than the altima,SS, ect...as I proved, and you will see that on OCT 21st.

This thread should be renamed "Legacy GT with manual transmission and driver willing and able to launch hard vs. cars in same class, that sell more, with same transmission racing 0-60 only driven by poor drivers on Monday afternoon between the hours of 5:54PM and 6:29PM" ..

I will let car and driver , people who test cars for a living know that you think that they are poor drivers.:lol:

Well Car and Driver got the following for an Outback Limted XT 5AT:

Zero to 30 mph: 2.7

40 mph: 3.9

50 mph: 5.3

60 mph: 7.1

70 mph: 9.4

80 mph: 11.8

90 mph: 14.8

100 mph: 19.2

110 mph: 24.7

120 mph: 32.0

Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.8

Top-gear acceleration, 30–50 mph: 3.4

50–70 mph:4.7

Standing 1/4-mile: 15.6 sec @ 92 mph

Yes, the heaviest version out there. Take a few tenths off if you like. Now what was that automatic SS time again?

I think some LGT owners get stuck on seeing the best times the LGT can run in a 0-60 situation, and then think their car is as fast as everything else that can do 0-60 in 5.3. The truth is, you need to be a great driver, in good weather, willing to put the clutch through some tough love to get that kinda time.

And other than the sprint from 0-60 (maybe to 80 or so) any other car in that speed range will pull hard from the LGT. From a 5 mph roll, at the highway, at the 1/4 drag strip... In fact, any car in the high 5/low 6 range that has a larger displacement V6 and 2WD had a very good chance to beat the Legacy in all other acceleration areas.

That's what I'm trying to get at.

-B

OK...

Now compare and contrast that to documented figures of a 2005 GT non-limited 5MT sedan. OB wagons, especially limited, are the heavy end. (OBXT being compared to LGT) The Legacy Sedan 5MT non-limited would be the diametric opposite of the Legacy Platform with the turbocharged motor.

Saying that other cars are faster than our SLOWEST Legacy turbo platform is like saying that someone is the shortest member of a giant family.

Plus, those numbers sound slower than some others that I have heard. I have heard that 5.6 seconds to 60mph, and definitely the near side of 14 second timeslips are possible with the Legacy platform.

Apples and Oranges comes to mind comparing an all-road style wagon with an SBV8 - FWD (which should be an oxymoron) road-only sedan. Besides that, that a small block V8 isn't MUCH FASTER than a turbo 4 of less than half the displacement says something about both cars...

Compare the FASTEST impala (optioned-up model SS) or the FASTEST Altima, and so on... to the FASTEST Legacy GT. Otherwise this is bordering on the irrelevant.

Plus, for the money that some of those cars costs ( much >600$ more than the Legacy GT, I'd venture...) and a simple AccessPort reflash, and better tires (just those two mods alone) all for less than the price difference, and then see who's faster per dollar spent.

Archived