LegacyGT.com

Rear sway bars questions!

Hey everyone new to this forum! I'm looking for some info on rear sway bars for a 2008 lgt. Ive been looking online and there are limited option for "05-09 specific". whiteline/AVO 20mm adjustable, cusco 21mm and progress 22mm. Im interested in 22-24mm but Ive never heard of progress

Does anyone know if other model cars or newer year legacy RSB will fit on the 08's? Has anyone altered the bump in the spare tire well to get them to fit? I also saw something about impreza wagon bars fitting with spacers? (Could have been for older legacys) Currently my car is just a daily, i don't need anything crazy as I'm not auto-xing or anything. I enjoy taking some fast turns/ snow drifting. Should i just order one of the ones mentioned above and not bother with altering things to make a 24mm different model RSB fit??

Thanks everyone!! Excited to be part of a lgt specific forum!!

20161021_070639.thumb.jpg.41123faf2b70a3f4b8e51a85d86ca196.jpg

the Whiteline BSR39 (20mm) and BSR39Z (adjustable 20mm) are still easy to find online at a good price. I really don't think you'll need more than the 20mm on the rear if the rest of your suspension is near stock configuration. Go with the adjustable and put it in the hard setting location and call it a day. Chances are that'll do well enough for your driving.

If you've got patience you can scour the classifieds and try to get a used Perrin 25mm RSB. They come up for sale every so often but have been discontinued so people as a lot of money for them. But I'm always hoping for one to come up for a decent price. I've got whiteline on my car and have no complaints about them though.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

keep in mind that a hollow 25mm swaybar is about the same as a 22mm solid one if i recall correctly.

i personally run a 25mm front and 22mm rear hotchkis setup and love it

yeah, hotchkis was my first choice but they dont make them anymore and I havent seen a used set for sale.... so I went with the whiteline. still a good choice, IMO.

• 3 months later...

Archived