LegacyGT.com

Anyone know what these do?

Two things.

1. If you press the trip knob/button with the key off it cycles through two settings "1" and "2" which you can turn on and off. "2" is the gear selection indicator in the cluster, I know that, but does anybody know what "1" is? I didn't see anything in the manual.

2. If you press the stability control button it disables it, and a light turns on in the cluster. But if you hold it... I forget how long, say 30 seconds, it turns off the light again and won't turn back on until you shut off the car and start it again. Thoughts on what this might be doing? ... Cheat mode? [emoji356]

Two things.

1. If you press the trip knob/button with the key off it cycles through two settings "1" and "2" which you can turn on and off. "2" is the gear selection indicator in the cluster, I know that, but does anybody know what "1" is? I didn't see anything in the manual.

2. If you press the stability control button it disables it, and a light turns on in the cluster. But if you hold it... I forget how long, say 30 seconds, it turns off the light again and won't turn back on until you shut off the car and start it again. Thoughts on what this might be doing? ... Cheat mode? [emoji356]

The stability control button has probably been detected as a "stuck" button and is therefore turned off.

I tried the same thing with my lane change warning button but the result was that I lost all related automatic functions depending on the EyeSight system so it was just to stop and power-cycle the car.

We are now in the state where minor problems requires the car to be rebooted.

453747.png

Yup, on page 3-6, thanks. No page numbers in the paper manual. Found it in the PDF.

The PDF version, being searchable also helped me find this, regarding the "vehicle dynamics control off switch":

If the switch is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the indicator light turns off, the Vehicle Dynamics Control system is activated, and the system ignores any further pressing of the switch. To make the switch usable again, turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” position and restart the engine.

We are now in the state where minor problems requires the car to be rebooted.

Funny thing is, on my R32 GT-R, the AWD system craps out randomly (sensors, it was released in 1989...), so I have to cut power to the ATTESA computer (i.e. power cycle the car). Gets annoying during track days lol.

Archived