LegacyGT.com

Official Pets Thread V3

SBT

We said our goodbyes to Shugo today. Very, very, hard to do.

Many tears and heartfelt thanks for all of the great years (nearly 17).

Couldn't ask for a better companion and one who would go all day with you on a hike and never complain, slow-down or be anything but totally jazzed that he was outdoors with us.

Shibas are a very independent breed, and he epitomized all of the best of his breed - loved this about him. He was never one to snuggle, and I can count on one hand the number of times that he nuzzled or licked. Most recently, he's just put his head on my knee and looked at me, as much to say, I'm ready to go, but I'll miss you.

The vet and techs were all so kind and attentive, and they made sure he was peaceful and not stressed at all.

So, you'll be missed, terribly, buddy, but we know you're pain free now, and finally able to rest peacefully. You've earned it.

Thank you for a lifetime of great memories.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Couldn't ask for a better companion and one who would go all day with you on a hike and never complain, slow-down or be anything but totally jazzed that he was outdoors with us.

Shibas are a very independent breed, and he epitomized all of the best of his breed - loved this about him. He was never one to snuggle, and I can count on one hand the number of times that he nuzzled or licked. Most recently, he's just put his head on my knee and looked at me, as much to say, I'm ready to go, but I'll miss you.

The vet and techs were all so kind and attentive, and they made sure he was peaceful and not stressed at all.

So, you'll be missed, terribly, buddy, but we know you're pain free now, and finally able to rest peacefully. You've earned it.

Don't mourn too long, there are other dogs out there that need a family to be a part of. We waited too long to get a new pup after our last one passed away.

• 2 months later...

Saw this thread today after a morning play sesh with my husky. She's absolutely loving this cold winter and at 11 years old it's great to see her bouncing around like she was 5. I'll try and get pics next time, I was just excited to see her move so fast!

Bumping this back up, hope everyone's pups are doing well!

Saw this thread today after a morning play sesh with my husky. She's absolutely loving this cold winter and at 11 years old it's great to see her bouncing around like she was 5. I'll try and get pics next time, I was just excited to see her move so fast!

Bumping this back up, hope everyone's pups are doing well!

I took my dogs to the snow with me when I went snowboarding. They had fun. The black one gets cold easy though and was shivering when I came back to my car.

http://i.imgur.com/KMvwvg6.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/pNvHbWr.jpg?1

Im looking for a pitbull pup to replace my last one of 14 years, so if anyone knows of any breeders let me know. Willing to travel for the right one! Thanks!

Why would you get a pit from a breeder when there are something like 500,000 of them in the US available for adoption at any given time? Go to your local shelter, they are sure to have dozens of pit pups to choose from.

Disclaimer: I own a designer dog.

Ok, who snuck into my office and started cutting onions!!!?? Damn onions!

• 2 weeks later...
Why would you get a pit from a breeder when there are something like 500,000 of them in the US available for adoption at any given time? Go to your local shelter, they are sure to have dozens of pit pups to choose from.

Disclaimer: I own a designer dog.

We check local shelters regularly and they arent as easy to find as you might think. At least not here in maryland. I would like to adopt but puppies are hard to come by. Plus im looking for a certain one. Thanks for the info though!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Saw a tiny little German Shepherd puppy at PetsMart the other day someone had with them. Already leash training and doing well, couldn't have been more than 6-7 weeks old. I generally don't like puppies, preferring young adults and up... but that little guy was majorly dare I say it.... cute. Really want to get a GSD puppy now. Our now 6 year old female GSD loves other dogs. She needs a puppy to play with. Yeah. That's how I'll sell the wife on it.