LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I use Geissele religiously. They have enough of my money to buy a couple of HI end rifles. I love LaRue too, but keep in mind LaRue used Geissele until they developed their own trigger. I use LaRue scope mounts. What I would give for a full LaRue rifle...

Geissele, Primary Arms and others should have a Presidents Day sale. Normally 15-25% off. Wait and buy a grip of triggers, LOL.

DA/SA pistol triggers are not for novices to screw with. Let an expert do it who has the tools and knowledge.

I'll go one deeper and say that even striker-fires should not be messed-with by novices.

If a trigger-swap on an AR is akin to an oil or tire-change on the car, I'd generalize most handgun trigger work to anywhere from a clutch job to putting in a new turbo.

It's far from un-doable, but it does require that the user be a bit mechanically inclined, and that they are willing to work at getting it actually right. A not of not-good can come from folks bubba'ing a handgun trigger, even "drop-ins." There's a reason the Forums are full of help-requested threads of that nature. :lol:

The AR? It's LEGO. Heck, maybe DUPLO. :p

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I also learned to hunt, and sometimes still do depending on where and how I’m hunting, with a Marlin 1896. I still get nervous decocking that thing even though I’ve done it a thousand times.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• I Donated
First Trigger swap I did was a drop in on my Ruger 10-22. Easy peasy. Even went so far as to swap the release in that too, wasn't bad at all. So when I bought my Mark IV Hunter, I said yeah no problem I can do the trigger on this too. Man. That was an ordeal. Glad I did it, glad I know how now, but man am I thankful for youtube.

Ill swap triggers/parts all day - but tuning a sear/trigger is something im not sure i want to try. I had to trim a Ghost glock connector. Not exactly fun and pretty time consuming and frustrating at times. Especially when the gun locks up and you get to learn how to disassemble it the most difficult way ever.

Just like with cars... i cant ever leave good enough alone.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Ill swap triggers/parts all day - but tuning a sear/trigger is something im not sure i want to try. I had to trim a Ghost glock connector. Not exactly fun and pretty time consuming and frustrating at times. Especially when the gun locks up and you get to learn how to disassemble it the most difficult way ever.

Just like with cars... i cant ever leave good enough alone.

LOL yeah the whole take the back plate off the slide was fun to figure out after the fact. The Double Diamond connector was cool drop in on my G17 but my P80 NOPE. I ended up just leaving it in my G17 instead. When I go V2 I may try that again.

after doing some research today I was stuck between the new Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x40mm and the Nikon P308 4-12x40MM Scopes, ended up getting the Nikon P308. The Leupold is too new for me to find out any reviews and such on it, the P308 has had a lot of great reviews and with it being made specifically for AR308 platforms, I decided it was the one for me to go with for now. The Nikon comes with a whole kit and a free app to explain everything you need to know about scopes if you're a total noob with them (me) so I figure I'll start with this, if I don't see it working for me, I can always sell it or Exchange it if it is something I immediately don't like. AR10's getting range ready :)

Bah. I hate Primary Arms.

I usually end up falling for their scam ads and buying something.

/Sarcasm font needed

I got an email Thursday while at work. Strike Industries Viper PDW stock on sale for $200. I said why not try it. Ordered it before noon. It got here Saturday. I installed it today and will test fire it tomorrow. Convinced the Sarge to put me on range all day because I have to do yearly inventory and some clean up

��

^ Dang USPSUPSFedExDHL bastards!!!! :lol:

I feel your pain.

My EDCL2-T was supposed to have shown up on Monday this past week, and I came home early just to sit for it.

The postman leaves, so I go on the computer, and yup, delivery magically got pushed to Tuesday. :spin:

<sigh> I remember waiting the magical "6 to 8 weeks" for stuff I ordered from the back of comic books or magazines to arrive in the mailbox. Now, I'm mad because items don't get to me second day. Amazon Prime really has spoiled all of us.

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

UPS still says it’s supposed to arrive yesterday :lol: :lol: i was more so upset because I did go shooting saturday and was hoping it would come early-ish so i could bring the .308 and zero it in. Maybe it’s good that it hasn’t so i can read the booklet and learn how to zero it properly. Also waiting in a new 2 rifle bag that wasn’t prime eligible :( sounds like tuesday will be christmas morning for me

So tax return brought me christmas in February [emoji846]

4bd8fa466ecd3e5d061375b6f7cd48d1.jpg

All reviews said this bag is just as good as drago and other name brands. Plus I like how I can add more mag pouches to the molle, be able to bring 2 rifles & 2 handguns in one bag.

9954fbd2a87531ee2470ce5eeb1711f8.jpg

I bought this for the .308 but since I have neither ammo or an optic (thanks UPS) I didn’t get to try it on the .308 yet, but I did use it on the lwrc saturday and it’s a great little bipod. For $18 I may just order another one for the lwrc, or just swap the one I have back and forth as neccessary.

And the real goods

d8e217e2513c697d3bde5ddb34b070df.jpg

8e9749789a1b13e2b2132acf03edc4b8.jpg

It is supposed to be nice out this weekend, I also hope these do come this week so I get a good range day on friday or saturday. Then I can actually say and get a good review of my .308

So tax return brought me christmas in February [emoji846]

4bd8fa466ecd3e5d061375b6f7cd48d1.jpg

LOL, This the case IV8888 made a video about how to sneak gun in past the S/O a few weeks ago?

Also I might have a situation where job relocates me right down the street from the range I have a membership to. That can't end well at all for my finances.

LOL, This the case IV8888 made a video about how to sneak gun in past the S/O a few weeks ago?

Also I might have a situation where job relocates me right down the street from the range I have a membership to. That can't end well at all for my finances.

No clue, but christmas did come yesterday [emoji846]

9f54c10afbb7f3a4c2ff8a44e046fd8d.jpg

I finally decided to "upgrade" my 20+ year old Mossburgh 590 for home defense. I had to mothball this one for many years due to my bad shoulder. But 10+ years of "rehab" and healing along with the forward progress of technology has allowed me to enjoy shooting 12g again.

Amazing how much has progressed since I bought this gun. 12g quad rails??? Not in the mid 90's.

Huge thanks to Black Aces Tactical for all their hard work and badassical parts. They are sending me a melee pyramid still too. But that should be the final change.

20180220_194711.thumb.jpg.3ba1b1953a3fc899ccba3256edd67052.jpg

20180220_194727.thumb.jpg.48153d7b141124c905fdbcdcb5badf79.jpg

No clue, but christmas did come yesterday [emoji846]

9f54c10afbb7f3a4c2ff8a44e046fd8d.jpg

I finally decided to "upgrade" my 20+ year old Mossburgh 590 for home defense. I had to mothball this one for many years due to my bad shoulder. But 10+ years of "rehab" and healing along with the forward progress of technology has allowed me to enjoy shooting 12g again.

Amazing how much has progressed since I bought this gun. 12g quad rails??? Not in the mid 90's.

Huge thanks to Black Aces Tactical for all their hard work and badassical parts. They are sending me a melee pyramid still too. But that should be the final change.

Welcome back to the shotgun world. I kinda miss my 590 SP but not enough to go re buy one. If the Tac 14 and Shockwave will ever become legal here I would go that route 1st.

I finally got to shoot the .308 today. Overall, I like this rifle. For the money it’s a solid rifle. I do need to practice more with a scope. Had some difficulty zeroing it at 100 yards, but also after talking with Penguin, I need better ammo (I was using federal 149 gr FMJ)

dd688dcf99b0e775d1962c04e663eb61.jpg

Some of the flyers were from not handling recoil properly at first, I didn’t expect the recoil to be as hard as it was, i guess i’ve gotten way too used to 5.56

Then I started putting rounds in an actual target, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

eb47b6035b80f4e31f1a8a1bbff6bc48.jpg

Then I took out the LWRC and shot at both 50 yard and 100 yard targets. Some sporatic shooting but I was also doing double taps for the first time with the Geissele [emoji4]

100 yards

79bc234ce94e534809438aee46c4aabc.jpg

50 yards

a0872d598c295e887942ac15d76b62e0.jpg

very happy with how the LWRC shoots, keeping it as is. The MRO is fantastic and so is the geissele.