LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

While you're loading a couple of magazines, the gun gets to cool off a bit.

You're probably not as apt to suddenly realize this when shooting pistol as opposed to, say, a semiautomatic centerfire rifle, but it's happening.

Norm

Cool off a bit? Is that really a thing?

When I was shooting my glock 17 at the range, I pre-loaded 8 magazines including 2 high capacity. I used a speed loader to load the full set once and shoot that. Usually my hands were aching by the time I was done. I figured the second set would be pretty much the same as a 3am wakeup. Idk if its the same, but it was really difficult to get good groups. Used to salt in snap caps to make it more fun.

Then I read the typical Glock barrel life is 5000-7000 rounds. Pretty much the end of my range experience.

It's been a 6 month turn around but also inconsistent. My friend had 2 form 1's approved recently, one he filed in November the other he filed in february.

My Scorpion I filed in December, came back the beginning of January :iam: I filed one last month for my SR-15 and also ordered a KAC NT4 suppressor the same day, the form 1 I'm hoping the end of the summer, the suppressor probably next memorial day :lol:

Edited by THE RZA

Congrats!

How long was the wait? Trust? Individual?

Paper Form 4 Trust x2, ~10 months. Interestingly, they both came back together, which I wasn't expecting.

Individual Form 1s seem to be the quickest at the moment, often coming back under 60 days. Paper Form 4 Trusts the longest. I was expecting July-Aug, so I'm pretty happy. Happy being a relative term. These approvals should take no more than 30 days for the first, and should be instant if you already have forms on file. I'd be even happier if something like the HPA passed and cans and SBRs were no longer NFA items.

Edited by rodan

Wow wow, where did you get them?

Thanks!

Outfit called Reddog Leather in Kentucky. He has some 'production' stuff (it's still all made to order) on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/str/Reddog-Leather?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

He can also be contacted on FB, just search Reddog Leather. Lots of pics there, and you can contact him to commission custom work.

Excellent quality, reasonable prices and quick turn around time. I did a lot of looking before deciding on a leather maker and have been very happy with the results.

Picked up my C2 yesterday. Will run a case of ammo through it this weekend when I return to work. All we have is Winchester 124gr FMJ and Ranger 127 gr +P+.

66057-A08-2661-44-BC-BEEC-4-DC143572192.jpg

Just cleaned and lubed it. Loaded up the mags and I have 5 mags from my Staccato P that are loaded up. Three of us plan to run 1000 rounds through it this weekend as fast as we can to break it in.

Very nice.

I spent some serious time debating on buying a Staccatto P Duo for one last work gun (retiring in 3 years), but ultimately decided against it. That is one nice gun, though! :cool:

On another note, here's a range report on my recently freed supressors (sorry, no pics) :

Rugged Obsidian 9:

Only tried it in the long configuration. Next time out, I'll try the 'K' configuration for a comparison.

S&W M&P Pro Core, 9mm 147gr - super quiet... like amazingly quiet. Very impressed.

AR9 pistol, 9mm 147gr - not as quiet as the handgun, probably due to the blowback action. Planning to try some different buffer weights/springs. Still pretty quiet.

AR15 pistol, 300BLK, 200gr subs - Super quiet. Lots of fun to shoot. I know it's really just a pointy 45acp, but it's still a hoot.

Dead Air Mask HD 22:

Ruger 10/22 takedown light - super quiet... just action noise essentially.

S&W M&P 22 compact - super quiet... the action is quieter than the 10/22, and not much different at the muzzle. Giggle inducing fun.

Tactical Solutions 1911 .22 conversion - still super quiet, but much more finicky about ammo.

I tried several different .22 loads: AE .22 Suppressor, Aguila 40gr Subsonic, CCI Quiet 22, CC standard velocity, and some Winchester bulk (high velocity). The CCI quiet 22 would not function any of my guns. The TacSol 1911 conversion would only run with CCI standard vel, or high velocity ammo. The CCI standard velocity was just as quiet as any of the 'special' ammo.

Very pleased with the performance of both suppressors. It's stupid that these are NFA items.

I do think I need to build a lever action .22 suppressor host... :D

If I could carry my P at work I would but my department issues us guns and no personal guns allowed. We’re currently issued gen4 Glock 31s with Trijicon RMRs so I can’t complain.

For suppressor use I have had good luck with Privi 158gr ammo.

• 2 weeks later...