LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

everywhere is more free than California, New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts :hide:

Probably.

Scored a Sig P229 chambered in .357sig today. Theses are "off roster", meaning illegal for sale "new" in California. Its America, where there is a will there is a way. My purchase is 100% legal and through an FFL. I am waiting my 10 days to pick up.

Political climate is not currently "friendly" so...

Glock 17 and SA EMP 9 waiting on hold. Can only DROS 1 new gun per month. Glock is March, EMP is April.

Probably.

Scored a Sig P229 chambered in .357sig today. Theses are "off roster", meaning illegal for sale "new" in California. Its America, where there is a will there is a way. My purchase is 100% legal and through an FFL. I am waiting my 10 days to pick up.

Political climate is not currently "friendly" so...

Glock 17 and SA EMP 9 waiting on hold. Can only DROS 1 new gun per month. Glock is March, EMP is April.

Trying to get a 229 compact in Black Nitron right now and pretty much every supplier in this country is out right bow except for 10 round 9MM & .40 . I really want the 15+1 9mm version before NJ enacts their new policy.

Trying to get a 229 compact in Black Nitron right now and pretty much every supplier in this country is out right bow except for 10 round 9MM & .40 . I really want the 15+1 9mm version before NJ enacts their new policy.

Whats the new policy? Cant you just buy the higher cap mags? Ive bought mags for guns i didnt yet have to be legal lol.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Reducing magazine size from 15 rounds to 10 rounds on all weapons (It's bullshit. I'm not gonna get in to the semantics but that's the proposed legislation) I don't think the 10 round model of the 229 fits 15 round mags unless you get extended length ones (if they even make them) Unless the 15 round mag is double stacked and the 10 round mag isn't?

More importantly, what's confusing to me is my FFL told me he could get me the 15 round 229 for $820, then said it was sold out, then told me he could get me the 10 round 229 for $900 :iam:

Edited by THE RZA

The P229 I found is "new" in box and from the serial (AD) was made in 2003. I hear grumblings about a change in 2005 so I made sure to find an older variant. No tactical rail on the frame of this gun. I did have it inspected by a local gunsmith prior to making the deal.

It is chambered in 357sig so I can swap barrels and it will shoot .40cal also. Mine came with no magazines as the originals are "hi capacity". I found 4 brand new factory original 10 round mags for 19.99 each (on sale at gunmagwarehouse.com). I paid $994 out the door for the pistol. In non-free states your sphincters tend to get stretched.

The P229 I found is "new" in box and from the serial (AD) was made in 2003. I hear grumblings about a change in 2005 so I made sure to find an older variant. No tactical rail on the frame of this gun. I did have it inspected by a local gunsmith prior to making the deal.

It is chambered in 357sig so I can swap barrels and it will shoot .40cal also. Mine came with no magazines as the originals are "hi capacity". I found 4 brand new factory original 10 round mags for 19.99 each (on sale at gunmagwarehouse.com). I paid $994 out the door for the pistol. In non-free states your sphincters tend to get stretched.

Yup, my FFL finally found the 229 I wanted and we ordered it today, should have it by the end of the week. $850 for me.

My 226 is .357sig. Ammo isn’t cheap or easy to come by [emoji853]

Hmmm... Something tells me Ohio is more free than California. Duly noted.

Quote works again, YAY!

From your situation yeah, laws are still semi ideal but better than others. Just beware you gonna get all for seasons here. We experienced spring and summer a few times in the past 2 weeks with winter in between.

Reducing magazine size from 15 rounds to 10 rounds on all weapons (It's bullshit. I'm not gonna get in to the semantics but that's the proposed legislation) I don't think the 10 round model of the 229 fits 15 round mags unless you get extended length ones (if they even make them) Unless the 15 round mag is double stacked and the 10 round mag isn't?

More importantly, what's confusing to me is my FFL told me he could get me the 15 round 229 for $820, then said it was sold out, then told me he could get me the 10 round 229 for $900 :iam:

Or it could be like eBay where they sell the High capacity mags and add some BS into it to prevent it from exceeding 10. I almost got a 33 round Glock mag with 10 rd capacity. I kinda played around with the idea if I travel into a neutered state having the 10 round mags. As of right now I'm running 19+1 in my G17 with 19 round spare.

Quote works again, YAY!

From your situation yeah, laws are still semi ideal but better than others. Just beware you gonna get all for seasons here. We experienced spring and summer a few times in the past 2 weeks with winter in between.

Or it could be like eBay where they sell the High capacity mags and add some BS into it to prevent it from exceeding 10. I almost got a 33 round Glock mag with 10 rd capacity. I kinda played around with the idea if I travel into a neutered state having the 10 round mags. As of right now I'm running 19+1 in my G17 with 19 round spare.

That will be NJ soon enough. They expect people to turn in mags that exceed 10 rounds with no buy back, good luck LOL. We’ve been neutered to 15 round magazines for 30 years, there are millions of magazines, rifle & pistol in circulation in this state that exceed 10 rounds it will be a shit show for police to collect all of that. All P-mags sold in this state are permanently modified to be legal, dealers have to put limiters in them and permanently glue the floor plate so you can’t modify them again, hex-mag makes kits specific for states where it uses a shorter spring so if you own theirs, it’s an easy fix; however almost all handguns use mags that are over 10 rounds, our choice would be either pay someone to modify them or just buy 10 round mags, handgun mags aren’t cheap.

I have a feeling most people will not be turning in anything, buy magazines that will be compliant and hold on to our shit because that legislation will be challenged, it’s not even passed yet and APRCNJ (our states charter of the NRA) has already filed law suits against the pending legislations.

IMHO, if they want everyone carrying 10 round magazines in a state where we already have neutered mags and they haven’t caused a problem, they should be paying for it. Modified P-Mags cost $25-30 each for an AR-15, $30-40 each for .308, handgun specific mags in general aren’t cheap (sig sauer mags are like $40 each). They want me to be compliant with their stupid laws, I want them to pay for it.

So nj is going ca stupid with the 10 rd limit? Welcome to my world. Well at least in ca possession of+10 rd mags is still legal so u just have to get some then plead the 5th, as only buying selling importing or manufacturing +10rd mags is illegal in ca unless you are a cop then most gun control laws dont apply as they write in exemptions for cops

10+ round magazines have been illegal for sale or purchase in CA since 2000. An injunction blocked the states attempt to make possession of a "hi cap" magazine an offense punishable by a $100 fine and up to 1 year in jail.

If in possession, you must be able to prove you have owned the magazine since before 2000.

in NJ i believe the punishment is 3 months in prison per magazine over 15 rounds. NJ probably has the strictest law on this. I know in Maryland, you can't buy magazines bigger than 10 rounds in state, but you can have them and buy them out of state. Just about everyone who lives in Maryland lives within an hour of a state that you can buy them in.

in NJ i believe the punishment is 3 months in prison per magazine over 15 rounds. NJ probably has the strictest law on this. I know in Maryland, you can't buy magazines bigger than 10 rounds in state, but you can have them and buy them out of state. Just about everyone who lives in Maryland lives within an hour of a state that you can buy them in.

IIRC he was just flying though and got hit by NJ stupid laws.

http://www.pfctraining.com/JJ-Racaza/

When I was there, I just hid my stuff under the spare tire.

10+ round magazines have been illegal for sale or purchase in CA since 2000. An injunction blocked the states attempt to make possession of a "hi cap" magazine an offense punishable by a $100 fine and up to 1 year in jail.

If in possession, you must be able to prove you have owned the magazine since before 2000.

It is up to the state to prove u didnt own it before 2000, plus since the punishment is a misdemeanor, the statue of limitations is 3 years. So the state has to prove u bought, imported, manufactured that +10 mag within the last 3 years.

Easy enough. Are you over the age of 36? If not you were not over 18 in 2000 so you could not have legally purchased a "hi cap" magazine at that time. What brand/generation of mag is it? If it is not aluminum or steel military surplus...

In my dealings with the state, they have had to prove nothing.

Are magazines prohibited items by age?

If not, why could a younger person not have been given those items when they were children?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

If you have stand cap Pmags, you probably don't have a leg to stand on. Though I did get away with it in NJ. Being a recently separated veteran I said "I bought these when I was still on active duty I didn't know"

What exactly is California’s laws on AR’s it’s confusing.

So if you register your rifles, you can have a non neutered rifle with detachable magazines or a “bullet button”?

If you don’t want to register your weapon, you have to buy one of those handicapped looking rifles?