LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

^ The roll-mark is PWS (Primary Weapons Systems), and I think that's a PRC, but I'm really not sure. https://primaryweapons.com/store/product/precision-rifle-compensator/ I'm not very well-versed on the .308/7.62 ARs. :redface:

Don't buy another AR - not even a "cheap beater."

Instead, take that money and funnel it into a good AR-platform armorer's course.

I was an Armorer in the Marine Corps for 6 years, did some low level gunsmith work in our shop, when I got out I worked at the Range I shot at yesterday doing gunsmith work under their gunsmith license, if there's a course I'm not going to take, it's that :lol: I could have gone for civilian armorer certifications if I wanted to, but I've been out 2.5 years now I probably can't.

I wish I didn't sell my colt. as much as I love my LWRC, I want a DI to beat on. However I have no problem beating the LWRC up and getting it restored at a later time.

Edited by THE RZA

^ No, it's a proprietary magazine with this little gun, which is a bit of an odd duck.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/pmr-30

Chambered for the .22WMR, it's a fun little thing - 30 rd. magazine capacity...and that magazine is only 1.6 ounces empty, full-up, 6 ounces. :eek:

Virtually no recoil to speak of.

It's a fun little thing, and I would encourage anyone who has a chance to try one to go ahead and give it a spin as a rental or as a loaner from a friend. :)

I bought one for my daughter as a step-up from her .22LR pistols, but the muzzle blast and flash had me thinking twice about putting this in her hands.

It shares magazines with the CMR30, which is the carbine variant.

$360 was what I paid for it a couple of years ago. The vendor, Point Blank, had then been working with their distributor for special sales of this and other popular Kel-Tec items like the KSG, and they had close to three dozen of these suckers in-stock, various cosmetic finishes, at the time. The special they were running was $385, with a 50-count box of .22WMR, but their ammo distributor fell through.

The availability of these little things really seems to be very spotty and regionally-dependent. I'm sorry to hear that you've had to wait so long...and continue to have to wait. :spin:

I ordered two at $360 a piece. Both all black models. The plan is to sell one for $500 and keep the other. They sell for $550 at all the LGS'

i feel like i've entered a different world. which i guess i have; the gun "nut" world.

so many acronyms and opinions that i can't begin to fathom.

Welcome

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

guilty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would love me a M240, M27IAR or M249SAW (no, not this ripoff )but it's nearly impossible for us civilians to own nice things. So I'll take an AK47, AR15 & AR10. do a few upgrades to your AR and you'll see what the hype is all about.

I can also buy as many long guns as I want in my state, i need permission to buy a pistol :rolleyes:

next gun i'll be getting and it won't be for a few months is a shotgun.

Edited by THE RZA

anyone have experience buying military surplus ammo?

this site is new to me, but I found it through a post on my local gun forum, Malaysian surplus 7.62 NATO for 300 rounds at .38/round which is the cheapest I have ever seen 7.62 go for. Is surplus ammo worth it?

http://www.sgammo.com/product/308-win-762x51-ammo/300-round-can-762x51mm-l2a2-ball-surplus-ammo-malaysia-146-grain-bi-meta

I'm a sucker for deals on ammo. Hell on thursday I bought 3000 rounds of IMI 5.56 for .23/round from MidwayUSA, when there's deals on ammo you just have to impulse buy a shitload of it because the deals don't come around too often :)

Edited by THE RZA

I would not put 30 year old surplus foreign military ammo through my guns. One squib and the $40 you saved will look pretty stupid when you need a $500+ barrel.

I've purchased bulk pulled Military .45 brass. No idea how old it was. All the primers went bang. Albeit, HK's whack the shit out of primers :lol:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I would not put 30 year old surplus foreign military ammo through my guns.

Back in the mid 80s I got ahold of some WWII .45ACP ammo and shot a little bit of it. It was like shooting a flintlock:

click.... BANG!

click... BANG!

click..................................BANG!

:lol:

It all went off, eventually, and it was pretty good for practicing trigger control, but I only shot about 10 rounds of it.

Also, it's berdan primed which means you can't reload it (technically you can but it's a PITA)

If you don't reload and buy non berdan primed ammo you can collect and sell the brass to recoup some cost.

I don’t have a reloader, but wouldn’t be a bad idea.

On friday I was shooting re-manufactured ammo that I told you about that I bought from bitethebullet.co it wasn’t bad, I shot 200 rounds of it after zeroing with good ammo. It just leaves a shitload of carbon and dust everywhere, even for a pistol rifle, my rails where the piston is was completely coated black & the chamber star had a huge pile of dust. Otherwise not bad from a company that consistently sells 5.56 for .28 per round. I am saving my brass though to re-load or sell.

Back in the mid 80s I got ahold of some WWII .45ACP ammo and shot a little bit of it. It was like shooting a flintlock:

click.... BANG!

click... BANG!

click..................................BANG!

:lol:

It all went off, eventually, and it was pretty good for practicing trigger control, but I only shot about 10 rounds of it.

That sounds like an interesting time at the range....I'm almost curious about what that felt like shooting.

I was an Armorer in the Marine Corps for 6 years, did some low level gunsmith work in our shop, when I got out I worked at the Range I shot at yesterday doing gunsmith work under their gunsmith license, if there's a course I'm not going to take, it's that :lol: I could have gone for civilian armorer certifications if I wanted to, but I've been out 2.5 years now I probably can't.

Oh, now in that case, you're definitely right to skip those classes - or maybe just put them off until a later time, when more time/resources become available. :)

I wish I didn't sell my colt. as much as I love my LWRC, I want a DI to beat on. However I have no problem beating the LWRC up and getting it restored at a later time.

Ah, you like your guns to look pretty. :p

------

i feel like i've entered a different world. which i guess i have; the gun "nut" world.

so many acronyms and opinions that i can't begin to fathom.

Don't worry about it.

Take it slow. Like anything else, there's a learning curve. ;)

And you're right, there's a ton of opinions out there - and in most Forum communities, the signal-to-noise ration really ain't all that great.

What are you interested in, now? Let me/us know, and we'll get you to some good places that may have a better noise ratio. :)

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ah, you like your guns to look pretty. :p

Not in particular but this one is a work of art. OD Green Cerakote smooth finish, spiral fluted barrel, Nickel bolt. I do want to put it through the gauntlet just to see how it can handle it. I know it can take high volume rapid fires just fine :)

Use gunbot.net to search for ammo

Ammoseek is another one that works pretty well.

That said, if I'm not outright searching for "the best deal," my personal preference is to just go through SGAmmo. Their prices are almost always very competitive, and their shipping is no-nonsense flat-rate, and always meet their lead-time goals.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That’s the one thing I don’t have. A chrono. I just know that is the load I came up with that cycles the following guns suppressed.

Glock 19

Ruger SR1911

Beretta 92F

SIG P320

9mm AR-15 with 4” barrel

SIG MPX with 4” barrel

I wanted something quiet for plinking. I am still waiting for my CZ P10C-SR, but I am hoping it cycles those as well. For SD use I plan on loading 147gr JHPs. But right now I am using 124gr+P Winchester Ranger JHPs as my SD rounds.