LegacyGT.com

MGT's 2012 Legacy GT

The purpose of this thread is for me to keep track of what I've done and get the most out of my car based on suggestions and experiences of the community here.

My goal is really to have the ultimate daily driver/weekend car without sacrificing too much in reliability for performance. Lots of bad roads, potholes, dirt roads, etc up here in Northeastern PA where I live so I plan to base my modifications around that.

Current Mods

Performance:

Drivetrain:

Misc:

Future Mods

Suspension:

Notes

I've noticed lots of body roll and the RSB should help although I'm not sure where to go with suspension considering I'm quite content with the stock ride height especially considering how bad the roads are around here...

I'm open to suggestions and would love to keep adding to the list!

The AP is a must, just the off-the-shelf stage 1 tune will rock your world.

I also have my eye on the Perrin Steering Lockdown kit, and I would recommend the rear diff lockdown as well. It has no downsides that I have noticed, and can be found fairly cheap here:

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/161610

I also have my eye on the Perrin Steering Lockdown kit, and I would recommend the rear diff lockdown as well. It has no downsides that I have noticed, and can be found fairly cheap here:

http://www.aftermarketsuspensionparts.com/161610

That diff lockdown doesn't list fitment for our cars. Is this another one of those mods that actually fits but no one has bothered to update the fitment list?

Perrin Short Shift Adapter - I have and it is nice given you have the bearing already

Grimmspeed TMIC - More air, more cooling, right?

AEM - Air Filter - see previous

Weighted Shift Knob - I have and it is ok, but bearing and shifter are the big difference.

You can still talk me out of the clutch damper delete since we both seem to be at the early part of doing mods. Do you like or ??

He likes it. :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5483758&postcount=463

The purpose of this thread is for me to keep track of what I've done and get the most out of my car based on suggestions and experiences of the community here.

My goal is really to have the ultimate daily driver/weekend car without sacrificing too much in reliability for performance. Lots of bad roads, potholes, dirt roads, etc up here in Northeastern PA where I live so I plan to base my modifications around that.

Current Mods

Future Mods

Suspension:

Exhaust System:

Notes

I've noticed lots of body roll and the RSB should help although I'm not sure where to go with suspension considering I'm quite content with the stock ride height especially considering how bad the roads are around here...

As far as exhaust goes, I do not want to be loud and obnoxious at all... I'm still on the fence with the downpipe for that reason and the fact that it will require a tune. I do however want to replace as much of the old rusty stock exhaust system as I can. I also do not have an AP; maybe I should get one? At the end of the day I'm looking for reliability over performance.

well despite trying to find one "no" vote on the clutch damper, I've been unable to do so. I acutally have the part and will hold it until my October oil change. wondering if I should have the pcv valve done then too. both require the tmic to be removed, correct?

well despite trying to find one "no" vote on the clutch damper, I've been unable to do so. I acutally have the part and will hold it until my October oil change. wondering if I should have the pcv valve done then too. both require the tmic to be removed, correct?

Yes.

It looks like you have the right idea. These cars can be amazing with a few choice suspension and drivetrain mods. They pack a nice punch in the performance side when compared to the 4th Gen with a couple simple mods as well *accessport and a staged OTS map or custom map to suite your specific needs*

Either way you will be amazed what a few bucks spent can do. Be prepared though, it's a deep rabbit hole as the mod bug bites hard!*

Let me *or the forum obviously * know if you have any questions as we are always happy to help.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

You may want to think about buying a set of koni struts while they are still available. The Konis would pair nicely with 13-14 spring if your looking for a stock height suspension. Once the Koni are sold out, the only performance option will be coilovers (not daily driver friendly) or stiffer '13-'14 struts to improve the soft '10-12 suspension.

This, however plan for another $150-200 to get a custom tune $4-500 if you dyno tune it. I thought OTS was fine too, but after getting a bunch of weird readings, poor performance and just worrying about the health of my engine I went for a custom E-tune. The gains are better than OTS and I can rest easy knowing the tune is catered to my car, where I live and for the fuel I have available. Stage 1 is impressive in these cars!

+1000 on all the Perrin shifter parts. Get the stop, short shift adapter and the bushing, makes shifting much more enjoyable.

I came up with 20330AJ10A in the front and 20380AJ10A in the rear. Can someone confirm and is that all I'll need with the 8610-1453S and 8010-1055S Konis?

Also, can't I just use the donor springs from the fronts?

I came up with 20330AJ10A in the front and 20380AJ10A in the rear. Can someone confirm and is that all I'll need with the 8610-1453S and 8010-1055S Konis?

Also, can't I just use the donor springs from the fronts?

Those part numbers look right to me for the springs. I have those installed on my '10. They are stiffer, but the difference is not so night and day. It's more like having a sporty car instead of a boat, but I had stiff springs on other cars and knew that's not what I wanted here.

I would not reuse the fronts. Those oem springs are cheap anyways, and my main complaint about the '10 springs was that I would always scrape on driveways.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought an Accessport V3! Gonna see how the 93 Octane Stage 1 OTS tune is and eventually get an e-tune/protune when I do the DP/Catback later on.

Also bought a Rydeen backup camera to pair with my stock headunit just because... Should keep me busy this weekend :)

Edit:

Just gave in and purchased these two as well:

* Perrin Short Shift Adapter

* Perrin Shifter Stop

Oh boy...

Just bought an Accessport V3! Gonna see how the 93 Octane Stage 1 OTS tune is and eventually get an e-tune/protune when I do the DP/Catback later on.

Also bought a Rydeen backup camera to pair with my stock headunit just because... Should keep me busy this weekend :)

Edit:

Just gave in and purchased these two as well:

* Perrin Short Shift Adapter

* Perrin Shifter Stop

Oh boy...

Good to hear you got that thing on a performance map! These things really wake up with a little ecu love!

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Maybe I mistaking you with someone else, but if you are having engine misfires, I would correct that issue first before installing the AP. Adding more boost to an engine not running properly just accelerates any damage being done.

Maybe I mistaking you with someone else, but if you are having engine misfires, I would correct that issue first before installing the AP. Adding more boost to an engine not running properly just accelerates any damage being done.

It's in the works and just a cold start issue. I'll be data logging to find out before I flash any tune :p

Archived