LegacyGT.com

Tuning Alliance ETUNING

Tuning Alliance

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure to contact us for all your etuning needs! Unlike others we support revisions for up to 6 months!! No rushing, quality first and foremost! Contact us today to get started!

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure to contact us for all your etuning needs! Unlike others we support revisions for up to 6 months!! No rushing, quality first and foremost! Contact us today to get started!

-B

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Been quite happy with my TA Tune.. They are quite easy going, and willing to learn about new things as well.

Thanks for the kind words!! :cool::)

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

few questions:

- do you guys do opensource e-tuning at all? or is it a solid "no"?

- do you guys prefer top feed ID1000's or are top feed DW850's "do-able"?

I've already got DW 850's installed, but if it would make a difference in idle and at load, i'd be willing to spend a few hundred to switch to ID1000's.

thanks

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

few questions:

- do you guys do opensource e-tuning at all? or is it a solid "no"?

- do you guys prefer top feed ID1000's or are DW850's do-able?

I've already got DW 850's installed, but if it would make a difference in idle and at load, i'd be willing to spend a few hundred to switch to ID1000's.

thanks

We "do" do open source tuning, but responsibility would fall on you for the learning curve of using open source (i.e. pulling ecu read, or preforming logging). As for the injectors , what turbo are you on? What other mods?

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We "do" do open source tuning, but responsibility would fall on you for the learning curve of using open source (i.e. pulling ecu read, or preforming logging). As for the injectors , what turbo are you on? What other mods?

-Brian

currently stock save for DW65c, DW850s (used to have E85 local...), Cobb catted DP (with gen4 PLX wideband), exhaust recirc pump deleted (solenoids removed, exhaust ports blocked off).

looking to move to an OEM TS VF52/VF37 "system". JDM STI headers and uppipe, VF52 compressor to BP OEM USDM TMIC, VF37 turbine to modified (to fit USDM OEM exhaust) JDM STI DP (single cat) to USDM OEM exhaust. GS EBCS, JDM "TGV"s (TGV delete). Might also move to IAG rails (on the fence). Installing EGT bungs ~2" into the headers, have 4x EGT sensors for simultaneous logging. have fuel, oil and (secondary) manifold pressure sensors as well available to log.

I've also personally brick'd and un-brick'd my own ECU too, so I'm a little ahead of the curve on opensource. not that i'm wanting to go down that path again. :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh yeah, the CHRA to the new turbo is a rebuilt "VF52" with billet compressor wheel to OEM specs + ETT. supposed to start earlier and go higher. we'll see...

Also not looking for max power or any shenanigans. assuming it'll end up around 300hp/350tq. wanting to keep boost/tune reasonable for reliability (DD). maybe 18psi peak, depending on your input.

currently stock save for DW65c, DW850s (used to have E85 local...), Cobb catted DP (with gen4 PLX wideband), exhaust recirc pump deleted (solenoids removed, exhaust ports blocked off).

looking to move to an OEM TS VF52/VF37 "system". JDM STI headers and uppipe, VF52 compressor to BP OEM USDM TMIC, VF37 turbine to modified (to fit USDM OEM exhaust) JDM STI DP (single cat) to USDM OEM exhaust. GS EBCS, JDM "TGV"s (TGV delete). Might also move to IAG rails (on the fence). Installing EGT bungs ~2" into the headers, have 4x EGT sensors for simultaneous logging. have fuel, oil and (secondary) manifold pressure sensors as well available to log.

I've also personally brick'd and un-brick'd my own ECU too, so I'm a little ahead of the curve on opensource. not that i'm wanting to go down that path again. :rolleyes:

Ok cool, price for OS etuning is a flat 275 rate. Let me know your email when your ready and we'll get the ball rolling!!

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Started the e-tuning process and flashed the initial tune. Yet to do logging but, after a day of driving, so far I'm very impressed!

:cool::cool::cool::);)

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What type of Wideband O2 kit(s) does TA recommend. Mike cited a kit via email a few days ago going for $299, but I need a link!

Thanks!

Peter, It's a combo kit. Innovate LC2 + a Moore Performance rear 02 wideband input kit. I'm waiting on one of these kits as we speak.

I don't have a link, but I'm sure Brian can elaborate on the kit further.

Order direct through Mike. We are working with Moore to improve their end of the kit to Mikes specifications.

I'm running the kit myself right now, and Mike does too.

-B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I enjoy my innovative wideband that I got from TA (thanks Brian!) and I put mine right in the front bung of the GS catted DP since I'm not using the EGT sensor. Then ran all the connectors and wiring through the firewall and now the (rs232?) connector into my glovebox so whenever mike is doing a road tune or dyno tune he can plug right in! Worked great on my last road tune. Mike also looked over my most recent map after I added a perrin inlet and now the car feels good to go! Incoming injectors, EL headers, and kinugawa IWG then dyno tune round 2 (: Can't say thanks enough for all the TA support. Etuning is a breeze through them.

I enjoy my innovative wideband that I got from TA (thanks Brian!) and I put mine right in the front bung of the GS catted DP since I'm not using the EGT sensor. Then ran all the connectors and wiring through the firewall and now the (rs232?) connector into my glovebox so whenever mike is doing a road tune or dyno tune he can plug right in! Worked great on my last road tune. Mike also looked over my most recent map after I added a perrin inlet and now the car feels good to go! Incoming injectors, EL headers, and kinugawa IWG then dyno tune round 2 (: Can't say thanks enough for all the TA support. Etuning is a breeze through them.

No problem! Let us know when you wanna order that stuff.

Ya logging via a cpu is always easiest. Just need the 0-5V and a ground source of the plug and can log right in the computer.

-B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you're so inclined, i'd personally do TGV deletes and route the wideband 0-5V output into the TGV sensor signal. all data logged direct from ECU whether thru tactrix, Btssm or the Cobb device (the name currently escapes me...).

more upfront work for a cleaner, simpler output.

What USB to serial cable have you guys had luck with? I've heard people having problems with some cables.

I'm not sure what cable Mike uses to log to his CPU.

if you're so inclined, i'd personally do TGV deletes and route the wideband 0-5V output into the TGV sensor signal. all data logged direct from ECU whether thru tactrix, Btssm or the Cobb device (the name currently escapes me...).

more upfront work for a cleaner, simpler output.

Yes, there are a few different ways to do it! Aslong as the end result is the same, doesn't matter to us!

-B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've stayed here and true to our customers since 2008 and have no plans on changing! Message us today to get started on etuning and parts! We are here for you, and aren't going away!

-Brian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, how do you guys recommend people log WBo2 AFR if they don't have an AP V3 (eliminating logging via rear o2 input through the AP) and cant get accesstuner race without spending 150 (eliminating logging WBo2 AFR via serial to USB inside ATR)?

romraider can log USB input from several WBO2 sensors that are on the market, or like i said before, do TGV deletes and then feed the wideband 0-5V signal into the ECU through the TGV sensor input from one side. then can log with any logging tool just like any other parameter.

EDIT: oh, do you have a V2 or V1 AP? then the TGV option is probably your best bet. not hard at all, IMO.

Archived