LegacyGT.com

Tuning Alliance ETUNING

Tuning Alliance

romraider can log USB input from several WBO2 sensors that are on the market, or like i said before, do TGV deletes and then feed the wideband 0-5V signal into the ECU through the TGV sensor input from one side. then can log with any logging tool just like any other parameter.

EDIT: oh, do you have a V2 or V1 AP? then the TGV option is probably your best bet. not hard at all, IMO.

I have a V2 currently. Basically it sounds like if I want an E-tune I need to spend more money on top of the WBo2 in order to get useful logging. Hmm.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$150 for WBO2. i assume you've got an aftermarket DP so DIY installation is a breeze (99% have bung available at bellmouth).

Then some weldless TGV Deletes for $52/$68. Depending on DIY level, might be something hired out for increased cost. Manifold removal for access to the TGVs being the "hard" part.

Then after removing the TGV code errors from the tune, just splice into the TGV sensor inputs in the bay or passenger footwell.

Then just log the L/R TGV sensor location for wideband data.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

$150 for WBO2. i assume you've got an aftermarket DP so DIY installation is a breeze (99% have bung available at bellmouth).

Then some weldless TGV Deletes for $52/$68. Depending on DIY level, might be something hired out for increased cost. Manifold removal for access to the TGVs being the "hard" part.

Then after removing the TGV code errors from the tune, just splice into the TGV sensor inputs in the bay or passenger footwell.

Then just log the L/R TGV sensor location for wideband data.

Thank you very much for that info! I didn't know that those weldless deletes existed. I'm assuming I'd need another set of the orange TGV gaskets after reinstall? Also, anything else that would be worth doing with the manifold off?

I do have an extra bung in the downpipe, so that parts easy. I take it the accessport would just show the voltage and that would have to be converted to AFR based on the particular sensor's conversion?

Any preference in wideband for this application?

Thanks for the help!

What year?

For manifold removal, check rubber hoses (for cracks, hardness, etc.), tighten/replace clamps (with wire or oetiker, etc.), any other general issues that might usually be hidden by manifold. If on original turbo intake, i'd consider replacing while there (with stock personally). I think the manifold to tgv rings are fine to reuse, but probably replace tgv to head gasket. Add phenolic spacer if you want to spend more monies (i don't think it's worth it).

Back to the clamps, just tighten if they look fine or if you aren't going to replace them with an improvement. Don't replace with worms, as i believe oem is better.

I prefer the bosch 4.9 sensor for it's quick response and longer potential life. I only have experience with plx and have had it for 4 years with no failures/issues. Lc-1 i feel is another common one, but no idea if it's "better/worse".

Also never used an ap, but i imagine converting voltage to afr would be easy in excel.

Also, vacation pics will help with wiring and identification of wires.

Might be better to ask in the WDYDTY4GT thread for more/better input.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the "removal" of easily accessible Cobb AT Race, we've listened, and we've came up with a solution for logging wideband's via Cobb AP!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tuning-alliances-wideband02-logging-kit-258451.html

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived