LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: LED Emblem

Tell us again who is butthurt? Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Is this guy serious? :spin:You basically telling me that my daughters power-wheel is the same build quality as my Subaru because they both have blinking lights.

Seems to me like I said something to offend! If I emailed most manufacturers and their team responded with "is this guy serious" they must have felt some type of way!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^FWIW, OP's product is middle of the road price point wise. The Tommy Kaira equivalent from JapanParts costs something like $300 before shipping to the US. There are customers that will pay that for a "piece of plastic".

Hence my point of marketing better, this is not standard knowledge. If all this information was upfront people wouldn't look into it and ask annoying questions.... poor execution. How many people know who the hell tommy kaira is? How many people know this and would make their decision to buy a 150 dollar led light based on knowing who this person is?

Some stranger tries to sell me something without any other information, obviously you go get more. If its provided or marketed in a certain type of way you make a purchase.

I'm just saying its not a crime to ask questions, i never said one was better than the other or made any assumptions or insulted anyone. I just stated a "fact". A seller on ebay by the name of "russian federation" is selling led lights. I assume he's not from China, but doing everything EVERY other company is doing and maximizing their profits by going to chinese manufacturers to build their parts, because china is like 1/5 of the world population. If the USA had a billion+ people we would think differently.

Let me start off by apologizing to Tehnation. You were under the impression your words offended me. My statement was posted only to divert the administration, which requested my initial post for my product, from a pretentious prick from crashing the tread THEY asked for.

So blast me all you wish sir as my thread is not for you, but my 5th gen legacy group that I love so dear.

Love yours truly ethical hacker, non-businessman Bonkerz1005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone who is curious about these, I'm very happy with mine. My phone doesn't take good pictures, sorry.

I'm using a 3amp fuse (calculated less than 1amp, could've gone smaller but that was the smallest I had) through a relay to a switch in my car. I've been leaving this on when I go into work (I work 2bd shift) so when I come out 8.5 hours later and walk to my car it's on. It doesn't emit much light, it glows around the stars. It's noticeable as you walk up.

Since it's just a normal emblem during the day, I plan on putting this on a dusk dawn sensor inline with my switch (I still want control if it's on or off). He also gave a nice lengh of wire with it. It's like a 24awg maybe. I also plan on putting some tubing on it to just give it a bit more protection.

I'm very happy with it and appreciate all the hard work he put into these and for working out the issues that came with the Tommy Kaira one.

IMG_20161001_125042.thumb.jpg.c6f76a44e8ac08dc7d03d49d020cdb7c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This beauty arrived today! Thanks Bonkerz! Nice work! I will order the rear one as soon as I have some time to remove my badge.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/10eb3702d48f072c9ae1839ef54cdb6e.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/e9190588f2945ec8ed6a1a340dd60b0c.jpg

This beauty arrived today! Thanks Bonkerz! Nice work! I will order the rear one as soon as I have some time to remove my badge.

You know you've made it in the world when the legend GTEASER puts you on his car. :lol:

Just need to rope in that s2baru guy next.

For real though I'm glad your happy man and look forward to making the other one.

You know you've made it in the world when the legend GTEASER puts you on his car. :lol:

Just need to rope in that s2baru guy next.

For real though I'm glad your happy man and look forward to making the other one.

The two guys whose Legacy spends more time in the garage than anyone else's, for different reasons though. :p

Man these look great! Wishing there was an L7 version of this now [emoji6] wink wink, nudge nudge

Yeah. Unfortunately, we're only missing the hardest piece to get: a clear plastic oval of the stock emblem's size with the L7 designed embedded in it.

Yeah. Unfortunately, we're only missing the hardest piece to get: a clear plastic oval of the stock emblem's size with the L7 designed embedded in it.

We tried that before this became public... It has to be beveled exactly like the stock badge to fit in the bezel correctly. Just a flat oval won't work unfortunately and the L7 badges I made didn't work so well for lighting either. A thin outline L7 vs a solid L7 would work best in this situation but the inset of the logo would be impossible without a forming machine. Then the led "PCB" would need reworked as well. But hang in there the plastic forming machine at work is due to be reinstalled/setup sometime in the next year. So maybe it will happen one day.

The two guys whose Legacy spends more time in the garage than anyone else's, for different reasons though. :p

Hey but you gotta give them some credit. Both have good excuses as to why the are setting in the garage! I couldn't say that if I had either one of their cars that I'd drive it ~5-600 mi/week like I do with mine now

Archived