LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest: LED Emblem

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This explains it, on down the page.

Subaru actually means “The Pleiades” in Japanese, referring to the the star cluster in the Taurus Constellation. The Subaru badge only shows six stars (Electra, Maia, Taygete, Asterope, Celaene and Alcyone) because those are the most prominently visible to the naked eye (depending on location, ambient light, etc.). In 1953, five companies merged as one: Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. The five small stars represent the merged companies, and the larger sixth star represents the bigger firm.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

I need to see a pic at night, or in the evening, of one of these installed on the car to get a sense of the brightness, before I could commit to one. I am very interested, just need more visual info.

I have video put I cant post it here. Look at my Instagram page @bonkerz1005

or my face book page https://www.facebook.com/ken.brennan.39

I now also do custom backrounds

14469204_10154030166617865_43650208_n.thumb.jpg.f2619218f54d0168c536199a8670bab7.jpg

14459097_10154030168627865_1634863724_n.jpg.b64ad49b8035caeda57c841369cb74e6.jpg

Are you posting this up on Nasioc.com as well? Much larger market as well!

Your only competition is this guy selling em for 35 bucks shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4D-LED-Blue-logo-Emblem-for-SUBARU-Forester-Legacy-Impreza-Outback-Tribeca-XV-/291871976116?hash=item43f4eceab4:g:JIkAAOSwf-VWYw8x&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ledcarlight?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Are you posting this up on Nasioc.com as well? Much larger market as well!

Your only competition is this guy selling em for 35 bucks shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4D-LED-Blue-logo-Emblem-for-SUBARU-Forester-Legacy-Impreza-Outback-Tribeca-XV-/291871976116?hash=item43f4eceab4:g:JIkAAOSwf-VWYw8x&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ledcarlight?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I wouldn't call those "competition". They look cheap and tacky as sh!t.

They are both similar, this site has the outline illuminated and that ebay one has the entire thing illuminated. I assume they run on very similar technology and build, if they are getting it done for 20 bucks final product then I would assume it would be possible to lower the cost some from 150 bucks with some research. Basically wtf is that guy doing to sell them that cheap is what i'm thinking. From my perspective it just comes down to the opacity of certain pieces.

They are both similar, this site has the outline illuminated and that ebay one has the entire thing illuminated. I assume they run on very similar technology and build, if they are getting it done for 20 bucks final product then I would assume it would be possible to lower the cost some from 150 bucks with some research. Basically wtf is that guy doing to sell them that cheap is what i'm thinking. From my perspective it just comes down to the opacity of certain pieces.

Is this guy serious? :spin:You basically telling me that my daughters power-wheel is the same build quality as my Subaru because they both have blinking lights.

I use the elegantly engineered 50 year evolved OEM Subaru badge with my design. Not some cheap plastic that Fisher Price would be ashamed of.

This is a re-design of the $350 Junack/tommykaira none waterproof design the you can find on Japan parts and I'm selling it for half the price. Why? Because I'm not a china manufacturer. I'm just a dude making this in my basement for my 5th gen family at half the price.

I just made an observation..... i never made any comment on quality. Don't get butt hurt because people ask questions and want to know more about a 100-150 dollar investment. Its ****** plastic not steel, plastic by sheer purpose is meant to be "cheap". I never said go buy this on ebay, i said that's the only competition. I also said to post on nasioc, knowing what you're competing against and marketing to the right people is what you call smart business. So when you market your product you can say whatever you just said to set your's apart from the rest... take what you want from my comments, no ill will was intended. Everyone is so quick to judge and get up in arms...... over nothing. Not everyone runs around believing everything strangers say on the internet.

You start your market on a forum where most of the people are of an older crowd not interested in trinkets for their cars vs a market full of younger enthusiasts. It's the same logo for any Subaru, if other forums showed more interest, rather than just ours which would probably yield the least amount of interest, you could probably order 1000 vs 100 or 10 for your parts, which would most likely lower your costs, you could make more money or lower costs, which would lead to more sales. I own and operate a company, that's why I think this way. I basically linked you a competitor selling a similar product, good business dictates you have confidence in your product, you did your homework, and you know exactly why I should pay for yours vs the ebay item ie your competitors, everything's made in China, EVERYTHING! Getting angry shows lack of confidence, lack of business skills or lack of customer relation skills/people skills. If you plan on selling 10-50 then I can understand, but with such a large market you can do better.....amateur.

^^^FWIW, OP's product is middle of the road price point wise. The Tommy Kaira equivalent from JapanParts costs something like $300 before shipping to the US. There are customers that will pay that for a "piece of plastic".

You start your market on a forum where most of the people are of an older crowd not interested in trinkets for their cars vs a market full of younger enthusiasts. It's the same logo for any Subaru, if other forums showed more interest, rather than just ours which would probably yield the least amount of interest, you could probably order 1000 vs 100 or 10 for your parts, which would most likely lower your costs, you could make more money or lower costs, which would lead to more sales. I own and operate a company, that's why I think this way. I basically linked you a competitor selling a similar product, good business dictates you have confidence in your product, you did your homework, and you know exactly why I should pay for yours vs the ebay item ie your competitors, everything's made in China, EVERYTHING! Getting angry shows lack of confidence, lack of business skills or lack of customer relation skills/people skills. If you plan on selling 10-50 then I can understand, but with such a large market you can do better.....amateur.

Tell us again who is butthurt? Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Archived