LegacyGT.com

TMIC studs stripped.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would heli-coil it then.

lol this thread is still going?

Oh yeah, dip your drill bit in grease and drill it upside down if you're paranoid of metal flakes.

Helicoils dont just thread into the hole, they lock in place when you twist off the little tab at the end. Again, if you're that paranoid, put red locktite on the helicoil before installing.

lol this thread is still going?

Oh yeah, dip your drill bit in grease and drill it upside down if you're paranoid of metal flakes.

Helicoils dont just thread into the hole, they lock in place when you twist off the little tab at the end. Again, if you're that paranoid, put red locktite on the helicoil before installing.

Probably the route I'll go. At this point I'm just keeping this thread going to annoy RWebb. :lol:

Probably the route I'll go. At this point I'm just keeping this thread going to annoy RWebb. :lol:

I'll be happy to help you you keep it going for him...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'll be happy to help you you keep it going for him...;)

Its the longest Max has ever gone without telling someone to click his signature :lol::lol:

How was sleeping on it?

Its the longest Max has ever gone without telling someone to click his signature :lol::lol:

How was sleeping on it?

Na, come on, I must have told someone that yesterday, at least once. ;)

Oh, just remembered I told some one to check out covertrussian's thread too and PM him for help with there problem.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How was sleeping on it?

Surprisingly comfortable and i'm glad I opted for the heat resistant coating. Kept me cool all night long.

But seriously I'll be going the helicoil route as soon as I can get to Fastenal to pick up some new drill bits and some Red Loctite.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived