LegacyGT.com

Alignment Mishap

H&R springs should only lower the car about 1.3" from stock height. Sounds like someone cut and re-welded the front axle housing.

It was way more than 1.3 inches. I couldn't get my shoulders under the front bumper before. Now I can crawl almost all the way under it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As soon as I find a trustworthy alignment shop I'm going to take it in and have this checked again. I don't know what 4 degrees of + camber looks like.

Take another pic. Make sure you're from a little farther behind the car and with a 100% flat horizon.

The pic you took could go either way, with perspective (since you were close) and a little tilt of your camera, we can't really tell. Looks like less than 4.0, though :confused:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I had H&R springs on my wagon and one point and I couldn't crawl under the front bumper with the car just sitting on the ground. Using that as a measurement for being ~3 in lower is inaccurate. Please post some pictures of farther away like latent suggested and then we can give you an idea of how much camber you have.

For instance my car has -1.5* in the front and -2.5 in the rear because I haven't bought white line arms yet to adjust the rear. But I've got the print out from the alignment shop.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160923/27fd2781933b06c50989ba28844f0724.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I don't know what 4 degrees of + camber looks like.

It's literally a 1.75 inch difference between the top of the tire and the bottom. Visible from space

From the picture, the car looks like it's around stock height with less than a degree of positive camber. Take the wheel off, loosen the two nuts holding the strut to the knuckle, and rotate the upper one until you see the top of the knuckle get pulled in as far as it will go. Put a wrench on the bolt to hold it in that position, Tighten the nut, then tighten the nut on the bottom bolt again.

If things aren't completely bent to shit, it should now have negative camber.

I will tell you right now, if you have +4 positive camber the dealership smashed your car into something or you have outback rear control arms and other pieces. Lowering our cars always nets you negative camber in the rear.

I will tell you right now, if you have +4 positive camber the dealership smashed your car into something or you have outback rear control arms and other pieces. Lowering our cars always nets you negative camber in the rear.

i think he mentioned +4 camber in the front not rear

Archived