LegacyGT.com

Rims and tire questions

Conti' DWS 06's. That is what I will be putting on my wagon in a few months.

I just bought the old DWS for my Spec B. Tirerack has/had them on clearance. Check them out.

Oh 225/45's you can try 235/45's too. May be 235/40's if you drive on good roads.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You are in California, unless you plan on going up to Tahoe, no reason to get all season tires. Get some high performance summer

235/45/18 is closer to OBXT tire size (about an inch larger in diameter). Stick with 235/40 for Legacy size.

Read this in the wheels and tires forum

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-offsets-sizes-rims-and-tires-gt-xenonk-version-4426.html

Dose anybody know the widest tire or rim I can run on my 05 legacy gt wagon?

You need to give us wheel (not rim) width and offset, and if you're lowered or stock height. We can't answer your question without that pertinent data.

If you still want an all season with a bit better summer performance I'd look at the BFG's mentioned above. g-force comp 2 a/s.

I ended up with the DWS 06 simply since I plan on a little snow driving in the winter with mine. The DWS is generally referred to as the best all season tire for the snow.

You need to give us wheel (not rim) width and offset, and if you're lowered or stock height. We can't answer your question without that pertinent data.

I do know that all rims are 18" in diameter, but width is only about 5/8". unless its a double ring design like you will find at some community parks or school gymnasiums. OP will need to provide more info for clarity :lol:

The rims are 18x9.75 with +22mm wich I'm guessing is the offset? I'm on vine stock suspension. I'm looking for the best tires and what size should I run. It says these rims are super wide I'm just Tryna make sure they will fit my car

The rims are 18x9.75 with +22mm wich I'm guessing is the offset? I'm on vine stock suspension. I'm looking for the best tires and what size should I run. It says these rims are super wide I'm just Tryna make sure they will fit my car

I'm nearly positive this won't fit the wagon without some work, especially with 255's.

Here's a guy who ran 9.75's on a sedan and it looks really tight. Also running 225s and not 255s.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/18x9-75-inside-177418.html

Yea, that's a wide rim.

FWIW, The DWS even got top choice in the automotive section of the newspaper a few weeks back. Best bang for the buck type of thing.

There are other summer only's like Dunlop's that are super sticky for little money. But don't run them in the winter time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea, that's a wide rim.

FWIW, The DWS even got top choice in the automotive section of the newspaper a few weeks back. Best bang for the buck type of thing.

There are other summer only's like Dunlop's that are super sticky for little money. But don't run them in the winter time.

Winter here (especially in South bay) is warm. A few nights get as cold as 38, most days between 45-55. 45 Temps usually only last a week or so. Not ideal for high performance summer, but still better than the bald tires everyone in CA drives around on.

@ OP there will be significant amount of poke with that setup. You won't be flush or Hella Flush. Front and rears will poke.

255 on a 9.75 inch rim will be a significant stretch and your wheels will stick out 2.5 inches towards / outside the fender.

@OP go 18x8.75 et 35 (or 33 whatever XXRs et is in the 30s). They will be much easier to fit and won't kill your wheel bearings as quickly. You will probably still need to do some fender work (roll and maybe a pull)

• 3 weeks later...

ok so I've got some 2013 oem wrx 17x8 +53 wheels coming and I need a summer tire for them on my 05 LGT wagon. Thinking a 235/45 should fit right? I'm stock height and don't wanna roll fenders.

Looking at:

Pirelli P Zero only cause they are $250/set from tirerack right now but I know they wear quick. I do have a set of dedicated winter wheels/tires

ok so I've got some 2013 oem wrx 17x8 +53 wheels coming and I need a summer tire for them on my 05 LGT wagon. Thinking a 235/45 should fit right? I'm stock height and don't wanna roll fenders.

Looking at:

Pirelli P Zero only cause they are $250/set from tirerack right now but I know they wear quick. I do have a set of dedicated winter wheels/tires

They'll fit. I run the same rim and tire size (235/45/17) on my 05 LGT sedan. The tires I use are pilot super sports.

Archived