LegacyGT.com

Rear AC Install

I guess the question is....is the mixer box for 2013-2014 different than 2010-2012 such that it would preclude attaching this duct.

I doubt it since the outback was always available with rear ac vents iirc. Maybe just a removable plate.

I doubt it since the outback was always available with rear ac vents iirc. Maybe just a removable plate.

That would be sweet! I actually didn't know that this was even a thing in the 5th Gen until this thread appeared.

Well I may need to retract my previous statement, this doesn't look promising...nothing a dremel and a few minutes wouldn't fix but.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/d09b098ec9cbaa94d099367c712f63e6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think that shiny part is the bottom of the rubber liner in the little cubby in front of the shifter, so I'm guessing he peeled that up and tucked his phone down there (facing forward, up is up).

I think that shiny part is the bottom of the rubber liner in the little cubby in front of the shifter, so I'm guessing he peeled that up and tucked his phone down there (facing forward, up is up).

Exactly, that is where the duct would connect if there was a place to connect it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There's a bracket on the duct that looks like it aligns with the screw on the left to hold it in place. Are you sure that's not a rectsngular plug we're looking at?

It very well could be...the console would need to be removed at a minimum to verify that. The hvac system is ahead of the cubby in the dash.

• 1 month later...

I was actually thinking about this thread just the other day. I ran across a sale on yahoo japan auctions for an entire center council from a BM9, and it very clearly shows the rear AC in the pictures. Not sure if it would be any help here or not, but I figured I'd share it.

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e194021909

There's a 2013 Limited at a salvage yard near me, and they want $75 for the center console (would probably include vents and the duct) but I would need to go there to get the duct that goes between the heater box and shifter.

I think there's more to the rear vents than just the ductwork - on the 13+, there is also an actuator to open/close the rear vent at the airbox - if you are grabbing parts out of a 13 limited, I'd go after the airbox (could be a challenge), rear actuator motor, and the HVAC control module as well

Archived