LegacyGT.com

Rear AC Install

So as I continue to upgrade certain parts of my car to my liking, I have decided to route the propper ducts to the rear of my car as some other trim levels have, to have rear ac. I looked through Subaru's catalogue and found most of the parts, but it just looks like there is something missing and i cant figure out what. I found the rear grille/small outlet duct for the back of the console box and the duct that connects that somewhere on the floor in the middle of the vehicle but Im not sure where to find the rest of the parts or if the rear has a seperate blower motor or not (some Acuras do). Has anybody attempted this or have any information about it?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've been looking into this for a bit now. These are what I came up with

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-72512AG000-GENUINE-OEM-HEATER-DUCT-EXTENSION-/381253389465

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUBARU-92145AJ00AVH-GENUINE-OEM-GRILLE-ASSY-/331420465911

I don't believe there is a blower, it's just a duct that splits the transmission (E5AT) and vents to the rear. The only piece I'm not 100% on yet is the connection from the centre console to the ac system. Maybe we can figure this out together

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

The two that I circled are needed. The smaller duct is actually also the vent grille and knob and I cant be too sure, but I believe the rear panel on the console can have that existing pocket removed and the grille/small duct can bolt or clip in. The lower larger duct looks like it runs under the carper umder both front seats but I am not too certain where it connects

I have the limited with the rear vents. Don't get your hopes up for a lot of air moving through them. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of what comes out of the front dash vents, just due to the nature of the restriction and path of least resistance of the air from the blower under the dash.

Better than nothing, especially on long trips, but for short, around town trips, winter or summer, they don't do very much.

The two that I circled are needed. The smaller duct is actually also the vent grille and knob and I cant be too sure, but I believe the rear panel on the console can have that existing pocket removed and the grille/small duct can bolt or clip in. The lower larger duct looks like it runs under the carper umder both front seats but I am not too certain where it connects

There's another piece to connect to the front unit, I haven't fully figured out which, but as others said might make sense to see if we can't add fans to pull more air

Would these be the right ones

See I thought that as well but the same connection is also on the 2010-2012 which dont have that option. So idk. Might not know until we rip it open

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160718/61937e9fde261dd04f7290ea8fb25e23.jpg

Those look to be the vents that go to the floor in the rear. Comes out under both front seats.

I have the limited with the rear vents. Don't get your hopes up for a lot of air moving through them. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of what comes out of the front dash vents, just due to the nature of the restriction and path of least resistance of the air from the blower under the dash.

Better than nothing, especially on long trips, but for short, around town trips, winter or summer, they don't do very much.

I've figured out that if you close the front two vents next to the radio a lot more air comes out the rear center console.

Archived