LegacyGT.com

2006 Performance Gauge Pack

someday

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The subaru web site says they measure "turbo, pressure, & temperature".

Uhhhhh... turbo pressure fine, makes sense. Temperature, of what?? isn't there already a temperature gage in the car? (Acutally there are two of them, engine temperature, and outside temperature.) And what is the third guage for? I suppose one could read that as the three measurements where "turbo" actually means turbo pressure, but then what pressure is "pressure" measuring?

Those are DEFI, but they are not the BF series.

The BF series are bigger, and they are blacked out when off, light the red needles, sweep, then the white (or optional red/amber) numerics light up, just like the GT guages. in the dash.

The STi gauge pack may be extremely similar, but aren't controlled by the Defi Link unit, and they aren't as completely dark when off... minor things, really.

It will be interesting to see them, and especially if it can be somewhat reasonably installed by a shadetree mechanic afterward, It might be a really nice solution...

The BFs are just absolutely slick, and I think they have some more features, but are bigger, and only two will fit between the vents. (at least one person has modded the cubby to accept them. I know they have imperial measure editions of the BF gauges for the US now, too. (PSI, Fahrenheit, etc.)

ChruiSSer

Is the oil temp/pressure adapter (looks like it replaces/adds-on to the stock oil drain plug?) available separately?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :lol:

Cool beans.....

Definitely want to look into the separate availability of this component. Would make my plans to get more gauges a lot easier. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I'll check tomorrow on the availability of the din bezel and oil adapter.

Thankyee. ;)

Our shop says 2 hr. max! Probably 1-1/2 hours but shops will round up. Depending on the labor cost, ours is $89/hr, is what will drive the cost up. There's actually quite a bit that's involved. You need to take the stereo/climate control out and run pipe, wires, etc...

Archived