LegacyGT.com

Performance mods that bolt right up

I have a 5th gen Legacy 2.5i premium and I know there are threads on here with the info, but I work all day and can never sit in front of a computer long enough to find the threads. If anyone can help me out and post the threads on here or the links to the mods I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a limited list, but I still want to mod it a little. Thanks in advance for helping!

Searching a few threads down the page doesn't take long though. These are two threads with good info:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lead-way-oh-wise-ones-252487.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2013-legacy-2-5i-limited-silver-252414.html

There are basically no power mods, but an intake might sound cool... or not. If you have the 6MT you can upgrade that with the upgrades for the new wrx shifter.

Your suspension is the same as a 2012 GT or 3.6R

Yup. They're all at the very top of the forum in the "sticky section"/thread

There's a sticky for performance parts for the GT, but I don't see a sticky for the 2.5i

A 2.5i thread wouldn't be a bad idea though. It would be short. :lol:

fahkin turbo her and trow some boost atit duud...

but in all seriousness, upgrade your sway bars and get some koni inserts w/ H&R springs if you can deal with a little bit of a drop, IDK if there are performance springs that maintain stock height. lucky for you its really easy to put in the FSB on a 2.5i. this won't make you faster in a straight line (nothing simple will) but it will make it way better in the corners... maybe slightly better launching capabilities. and yea if 6MT definitely get the brass wrx shifter bushing.

For adding HP, their really isn't much to do. Without spending money on forced induction, most mods are going not going to add any significant hp. Manufacturers these days are making engines that well match in terms of air flow, so one change doesn't make much of a difference. If you look how a typical NA motor is modified by enthusiasts these days (I am sure their is some exceptions), the best gains are from Camshaft(s), Headers, and Tune. Manufacturers are limited on camshaft(s) for drivability and emissions, headers for noise and longevity, tune for emissions and AFR for safety buffer incase of bad sensor.

No one makes camshafts or headers for our cars. I have a tune on my 2.5i, but at best it was probably 10hp gain and tune aren't for everyone if you not going to monitor your car from time to time.

Intakes and catback exhaust/mufflers are likely just going to make more noise with any measurable gains.

I would stick with suspension and wheels upgrades. I have 17" WRX wheels, the lower profile tires makes my car feel much more responsive than the 16" wheel that your and my car came with. If you have a 6MT, I would recommend shifter mods or a short throw shifter.

BTW You guys don't need to pile it on for 2.5i owners :lol:

Bolts right in....

05130nosv2.jpg

There's a sticky for performance parts for the GT, but I don't see a sticky for the 2.5i

A 2.5i thread wouldn't be a bad idea though. It would be short. :lol:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160506/9f934ce4f27c86923a849c8d204de0dd.jpg

or it wouldn't exist at all.....oh wait;)

It could include a how to sell a legacy 2.5i thread...and a link to 5th gen gts for sale on autotader or cars.com.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2.5i + performance = oxymoron.

fahkin turbo her and trow some boost atit duud...

lol, I wasn't "piling it on" Was just being honest. It really is a short list of bolt-on "performance" parts for the 2.5i.

I mean, as far as the engine goes, there's what... one or two intakes? Even most of the exhaust options couldn't be considered "bolt-on" since they usually require exhaust hangers to be welded on for the passenger side muffler.

I think the 3.6R is the easier one, 2.5i is the same PITA FSB as the GT.

Are you sure? i thought it was just the turbo that got in the way. and the last time i told someone it was possible to get the FSB in on a 3.6r without lifting the engine someone chimed in with the exact opposite saying that it was only the 2.5i that was easy.

I haven't been under a 3.6R or a 2.5i to say I'm 100% sure. But I know that the 2.5i shares the same FSB as the GT with all the goofy bends to go around the oil pan. They could be different thicknesses, but same bends. 3.6R bar is straight.

From my experience with the GT FSB, the oil pan was in the way. Only way to get the old bar out and the new one in was to either lift the engine or support the engine from above and drop the subframe for clearance.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/FSBlegacy.jpg

the 2.5i and GT have the exact same FSB but i think the reason it doesn't go on is because it goes under the turbo manifold which is what i believe the large bend in the center is for. but i haven't been under a 2.5i either so i can't say 100% either... if my co worker doesn't leave before me today i'll try to sneak a peak there must be a 2.5i owner who can chime in with a more well informed answer

the 2.5i and GT have the exact same FSB but i think the reason it doesn't go on is because it goes under the turbo manifold which is what i believe the large bend in the center is for. but i haven't been under a 2.5i either so i can't say 100% either... if my co worker doesn't leave before me today i'll try to sneak a peak there must be a 2.5i owner who can chime in with a more well informed answer

The large bend in the middle is for the oil pan. Sheesh!

Yes the swaybar has to bend for the oil pan. The H4 exhaust manifold pushes the shape of the oil pan back. The sway bar then has to go around it. You can see the oil drain plug and sway bar here:

http://i.imgur.com/ybpYcD9.jpg

Yes the swaybar has to bend for the oil pan. The H4 exhaust manifold pushes the shape of the oil pan back. The sway bar then has to go around it. You can see the oil drain plug and sway bar here:

now the question is where does the n/a manifold go?

Archived