LegacyGT.com

Will some handsome Gent help me, please!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second the comments about both the timing belt tensioner (TBT) and/or the crank pulley, though leaning more toward the TBT because it sounds, with the misfires, that you may have jumped timing.

Had a 99 2.2 SOHC Legacy L and, with less than 60K miles on it, the TBT was shot and sounded very similar to your vid and the Brits RS TBT video.

Wiggle the crank pulley back and forth and if it feels solid, then I would get into the timing belt area and check the TBT and the timing belt alignment.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

So much time? Yeah I wasted a good 10sec of my life on a Google search... and the following 5min laughing while reading. If am not mistaken you message me your number last night at 11pm in my inbox ;)

Yes, after you emailed me your #, then you called & texted & posted up here mocking me when I didn't answer or return your call...

Sorry you were so bothered that it created such a strong reaction on your end to post about my sons!!

And no, I won't be returning your call or email.

Thanks for all the good info Men, much appreciated (mostly).

Enjoy the day!

Cheers.

:rolleyes:

Oooohhhh. Lovers quarrel. [emoji897]

yeah.

a woman asking for handsome man on a forum full of boys.

what could go wrong?

Lol...I know, my bad, good thing there are a few here, like you!!

Thanks Gents, no more issues beyond the knock, she's done stalling.

The camshaft I put in was defective, swapped it again today.

Thanks so much!!!

:wub:

keep us updated though. your problem and solution can be helpful to someone else in the future.

Only if she starts listening to our suggestions, otherwise, she going to do whatever da fock she wants to do.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Lol...I know, my bad, good thing there are a few here, like you!!

Thanks Gents, no more issues beyond the knock, she's done stalling.

The camshaft I put in was defective, swapped it again today.

Thanks so much!!!

:wub:

Defective? Really? What luck, that's sucks!

Only if she starts listening to our suggestions, otherwise, she going to do whatever da fock she wants to do.

today was a VERY nice day. she has 2 kids.

her everett to my mukilteo? we border each other and is minutes away door to door.

she needs to spend time with them. it is a saturday. shes got all of it done except the knock. give her some time to crack down on it.

she last posted at ~8:30pm. the sun sets near 9. she may not do more car work until maybe monday. dont know her schedule really.

she has a mechanic that says piston and she is nearly convinced of such. she will probably do some research about the tensioner and pulley before digging into it. or she may wait till monday for a different mechanic.

Don't rule out the wiring harness, spark, coil, lifters,... :hide: it could be simple, but what ever is with these Subies. I read too many threads and posts of issues arise with everyone's thoughts. End results are always hit or miss on everyone opinion without going through the car

I was right :D :D :D

I was right :D :D :D

You were, but you didn't need to prove it- you said 100 - and bam, right on it! Thanks Rumble!!

And I plan on looking at the full engine when it's lifted tomorrow. I'll let you know what I figure out.

:cool::rolleyes::redface:

Hope it turns out well for you, just keep in mind that an engine with 300k on the clock is going to be due for some maintenance and possibly a rebuild.

That was my old 1, he died after I drove him for a year with a blown head gasket!!! The new one's stats are on the 1st page of this thread, the 2.5 is a total woman, so the new subs a she. Such a bitch!!

:lol:

My mistake. I will try to explain.

Being as you're a female, who has had at least one shall we say.... unsuccessful relationship... with a male, you may not be familiar with real grown up men. We can define "real men" as mature adult male homo sapiens who are gainfully employed, maintain their own households, pay their own bills, and don't display creepy tendencies, or abuse their loved ones. There are of course weaknesses still.

Real grown up men rarely read instruction manuals, ask for directions, or in this case read all of the particulars on a specific car and compare them to the vehicle listed in a user profile. While real adult males have many virtues, the above are typically not among them. Probably has something to do with our proclivity for being obstinate. Plus not reading instruction manuals, asking for directions, or getting complete information leads to new and exciting ways to hurt ourselves, damage property, and use foul language. We all secretly love new scars, breaking things, and saying bad words. We also enjoy then drinking beer and reconsidering where the project or trip went wrong. Imagine a 10 year old who has learned to behave in public, and has access to power tools, firearms, automobiles, and beer. We're also generally fond of playing with fire.

So now you understand why I missed this detail.

On that note it's time for me to go do manly things, like incorrectly assemble a playhouse for my neice. Then become frustrated, break half the parts, shoot the other half with a .45 auto, set it all on fire; and then drink beer with my brother and say bad words about those bastards that made that ******* playhouse. Maybe the next one we'll read the manual, or not.

:lol: Nailed it, especially the male pattern attention deficit and aversion to anything "written".
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Sorry penguin but I stopped reading that about three sentences in....too long

Sent from somewhere in Potatoland

You'll need to go back to school

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived