LegacyGT.com

AP flash backwards possible?

SCRAPPYDO

I am growing increasingly unhappy with the feel of my v1.15 flash. I feels less responsive and more sluggish than my 1.02 flash I orginally had. I no longer have the thrust I use to have in 4th or 5th. At highway speeds, 70+ I use to be able to just touch the gas and see 80+ in a heartbeat, now I litterally feel no acceleration and the response is slow. I know that the butt dyno is not the most telling, but something just does not feel right here.

So, last night I hooked up the AP and trued to flash my old 1.02 version back on. It would get to:

Sending...

and thats it. It never told me to turn the car on and off again. In fact after a while at the Sending... screen it said done. When I checked the version it still had 1.15 on it.

so my question is... is it possible to flash backwards?

SCRAPPYDO

I am growing increasingly unhappy with the feel of my v1.15 flash. I feels less responsive and more sluggish than my 1.02 flash I orginally had. I no longer have the thrust I use to have in 4th or 5th. At highway speeds, 70+ I use to be able to just touch the gas and see 80+ in a heartbeat, now I litterally feel no acceleration and the response is slow. I know that the butt dyno is not the most telling, but something just does not feel right here.

So, last night I hooked up the AP and trued to flash my old 1.02 version back on. It would get to:

Sending...

and thats it. It never told me to turn the car on and off again. In fact after a while at the Sending... screen it said done. When I checked the version it still had 1.15 on it.

so my question is... is it possible to flash backwards?

SCRAPPYDO

It sounds like you were attempting to just switch realtime maps, in which case, when you check the version of the map, it would have still displayed v1.15. That's because Cobb only shows the base map, and not what RT map is loaded.

In order for you to go back to a complete v1.02, you would need to connect your green connectors, and choose change base map of the AP menu.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm with you on the 1.15. It just doesn't feel as "good" as the 1.10. I assume it's due to being more "smooth", but I just don't like it. I'd flash back to stock and then 1.10, but I hate to waste a flash- hopefully COBB is working on another version that will meet my needs. If not, I'll just waste the flashes.

I'm with you on the 1.15. It just doesn't feel as "good" as the 1.10. I assume it's due to being more "smooth", but I just don't like it. I'd flash back to stock and then 1.10, but I hate to waste a flash- hopefully COBB is working on another version that will meet my needs. If not, I'll just waste the flashes.

Just out of curiousity, are there others out there that share this opinion?? I haven't flashed to 1.15 since I've been pretty happy with 1.10. If the concensus is that 1.10 is better than 1.15, maybe I won't even bother trying the new one.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Just out of curiousity, are there others out there that share this opinion?? I haven't flashed to 1.15 since I've been pretty happy with 1.10. If the concensus is that 1.10 is better than 1.15, maybe I won't even bother trying the new one.

I don't know if others feel this way, but after living with it since a few days after it was out, it's definitely less fun. Boost comes on so smooth in 3rd that it doesn't even feel like a turbocharged car anymore.

I've had 115 in since it came out and was running 110 before that. I find the car seeks 90 mph as its comfort zone now whereas 80 was it for 110. The walk to 120 feels at least as strong as 110. Much better bottom end although this car could use a gutted UP.

I have no complaints with what seems to be broadened torque delivery.

Been running Stg 2 1.15 (5EAT) for a couple weeks now. I like it a lot, but then I didn't run Stg 2 1.10 for quite as long. My standing impression of 1.15 is that it has much better low end tq. But it may die off at higher RPM's a bit, compared to 1.10. I'm not sure. I was actually thinking about flashing back to 1.10 to see if I like it better.

Process Question: Do you have to revert to stock before flashing a retro map, like going from 1.15 to 1.10? I wouldn't think this should be the case, but I keep seeing that referenced in posts.

I've had 115 in since it came out and was running 110 before that. I find the car seeks 90 mph as its comfort zone now whereas 80 was it for 110. The walk to 120 feels at least as strong as 110. Much better bottom end although this car could use a gutted UP.

I have no complaints with what seems to be broadened torque delivery.

Been running Stg 2 1.15 (5EAT) for a couple weeks now. I like it a lot, but then I didn't run Stg 2 1.10 for quite as long. My standing impression of 1.15 is that it has much better low end tq. But it may die off at higher RPM's a bit, compared to 1.10. I'm not sure. I was actually thinking about flashing back to 1.10 to see if I like it better.

I think 1.15 had some significant changes in it for the 5eat that would make it much better than 1.10. However, my car is 5MT (and I think Jedi's is too).

Anyone else with a 5mt want to weigh in on 1.10 vs 1.15??

Process Question: Do you have to revert to stock before flashing a retro map, like going from 1.15 to 1.10? I wouldn't think this should be the case, but I keep seeing that referenced in posts.

My initial response would be "no, you shouldn't need to reflash to stock first", but you may want to give Cobb a call to be certain.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I think 1.15 had some significant changes in it for the 5eat that would make it much better than 1.10. However, my car is 5MT (and I think Jedi's is too).

Anyone else with a 5mt want to weigh in on 1.10 vs 1.15??

Yup, mine is 5MT- did you also like 1.10 better?

Yup, mine is 5MT- did you also like 1.10 better?

I like 1.10 better than 1.02. As a matter of fact, I like 1.10 so much that I haven't even tried 1.15 yet. After some of the responses in this forum concerning 5mt cars with 1.15, I'm wondering if I should even bother trying it??

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah, it did cater mostly to the 5EAT, but there were some changes for the MT version. I suppose the average person would prefer the feel of 1.15, but I liked 1.10 better because it just felt like more of a rush.

Archived