LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

You can purchase R32 very soon R33. Virginia imports them all the time. Paperwork is done and the car is already register in the state of Virginia. I'm waiting for the R34 to be release or I may have to get a Fairlady 240Z or 260Z this is what my wife want. If I do get the Fairlady it's getting a R34 Nismo engine swap. I'm also waiting for the FT-1 Supra to be release. That all have to wait till I sell my home and purchase another home first.

Here is there website.

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/

I can see this for the track, but since they are right-hand drive. that'd be confusing. to pass someone safely on a 2-lane road, you'd have to have a long neck!!

A few years ago, before I got my Legacy, I drove an IS-F on Sears Point Raceway (call it Infineon, Sonoma, whatever) for a few laps. And then sat in the passenger's seat with a professional driver at the helm. It was an incredibly sublime, powerful and capable car in stock form. And dat V8 sound....heavenly. If you can get one, I say go for it, you'll love it!!!

Any idea how much work it needs to be track-day capable for a beginner? Basically, "don't blow anything up" ready, not "beat lots of other cars out there"? Just some good pads? I'm looking at a bunch of cars (CTS-V, SS, STI, maybe SRT something), but my wife likes the look of a used IS-F we saw, and we both like the idea of Lexus quality. How reliable/solid is the drivetrain? Thanks for any help.

I would think the way cars are nannied to max these days, the car wont let you do anything to hurt it. I would bet a good set of brake pads and a fluid swap will get you started. My understanding of track days is its less about power an more about carrying speed into and through corners...smooth is fast or something like that.

Find an IS-F forum and start reading.

Last year around xmas my BIL got a new Audi S7 and he wouldn't let anyone touch it. Well 1 year later he let a few of us give it a try and I have to say the V8 Twin turbo with the dual clutch is amazing...hit triple digits in no time flat and it didn't even feel like I was giving the car a workout yet.

Nice car to dream about, but doubt it would ever fit into my budget!

Last year around xmas my BIL got a new Audi S7 and he wouldn't let anyone touch it. Well 1 year later he let a few of us give it a try and I have to say the V8 Twin turbo with the dual clutch is amazing...hit triple digits in no time flat and it didn't even feel like I was giving the car a workout yet.

My company president bought a brand new Audi S8 earlier this year (bought the dang thing outright). Such a beautiful car, but the craziest thing is that the price difference between the S7 and the S8 is just about the yearly pay for what could've been another employee for my under-staffed department. :lol:

Yeah, I hear ya. My budget this time around is low 40s. Mind you, a used S7 probably goes for around that, but no way would I want that DSG out of warranty..

^^^ how is it compared to you know

Ahhh, no real comparison. The LGT was on e85 and putting down some pretty severe power. However, the VW is quiet, extremely smooth, responsive, and still fun to drive. It definitely lacks the raw acceleration of the GT, but I have to say that it's a fun car and I enjoy the refinement and handling quite a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a CTS V wagon to replace my beloved LGT wagon.

However.

Besides that the V is soooo damn expensive to have around and the Subie is paid off, the Subie is also just more fun. Yes in a straight line, on big roads with lots of room etc etc the V is way more "car." nicer quieter cabin leather luxury etc etc But for the kind of fling it around driving I do, on small local roads, I actually prefer the Subie in so many ways. The V is a fire breathing dragon I rarely can use its power. Now I'm selling the V. Crazy / stupid I know. Anyone else had a similar experience and just .. came home to mama (Subaru)?

This is what keeps me in my awd turbo car, it's not the fastest, most nimble, most comfortable, most spacious, best handling, or most luxurious car. However, it is just enough of each to make it unique and nearly impossible to replace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This is what keeps me in my awd turbo car, it's not the fastest, most nimble, most comfortable, most spacious, best handling, or most luxurious car. However, it is just enough of each to make it unique and nearly impossible to replace.

Levorg!

But, ain't happening.

Levorg is impreza sized, not legacy...outback XT though!

Indeed, but as a LGT wagon diehard, tell me you wouldn't get into Levorg anyway? Esp with 300hp and a 6sp? even if it's on the smaller side??

Hmmm outback XT. I'm thinking about that. But all I keep picturing is a cow on rollerblades

But I NEED to feel I'm giving my car a workout, constantly! This is one of the reasons I'm regretting the V wagon purchase.

Indeed, but as a LGT wagon diehard, tell me you wouldn't get into Levorg anyway? Esp with 300hp and a 6sp? even if it's on the smaller side??

Hmmm outback XT. I'm thinking about that. But all I keep picturing is a cow on rollerblades

Nah I wouldn't because I need the extra room for carseats and a happy wife. We had a 4th gen legacy and it was too small for comfort IMO especially with 2 kiddos. The 5th gen is a very nice size. Now a 2.4 turbo 7 passenger suv with AWD...:wub:...even with a cvt it would be intriguing.

I bought a CTS V wagon to replace my beloved LGT wagon. ...

Anyone else had a similar experience and just .. came home to mama (Subaru)?

I was thinking if only I could afford a V wagon, how great it'd be. Now, your statements have me scratching my head and i'm glad you shared your thoughts. What is expensive? the monthly note? fuel? insurance? all of the above?

Your Subie was an EAT too? just like my old FXT. It was in an odd way more fun to drive than the LGT. I'm thinking the gearing is different - more low end acceleration. First gear in the LGT is useless really.

The new Kia Stinger GT looks pretty sweet. Choice of turbo I4 or twin turbo V6, AWD or RWD.

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/images/car-reviews/first-drives/legacy/kia-stinger-gt-0241.jpg

For us, the WRX might be at the top of a pretty short list, but I'm hoping that we don't have to go car shopping quite yet. Have to see what's causing sort of a stick-slip shudder/chatter during tight turns first, and hope that it's not going to be to expensive to fix.

A manual transmission is (still) an absolute requirement . . . and the absence of certain features no less than highly desirable.

Norm