LegacyGT.com

Window Tinting?

Looking to tint my windows for my 2013 Subaru Legacy. I was wondering what the price value i'll be looking at. As well as reliable locations or companies to check out. Thanks!

I reside in Massachusetts btw.

You should search through the New England regional sub-forums found here: http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/new-england-21.html

I know there's a few threads in there about tinting and clear bras (paint protection). For what it's worth, the place I went to is Tint King, located in Billerica. Somewhat of a drive from Worcester, but I'm very happy with the work they did so it may be worthwhile for you.

Anyone ever tried Ziebart? I got a quote for 269 for 7 windows. :O

Haven't heard of it. You might get better feedback in the New England sub-forums. There's a greater chance you'll find someone who's been there or who knows someone that's been there.

Disclaimer: I lived in NH/Mass until last August.

Haven't heard of it. You might get better feedback in the New England sub-forums. There's a greater chance you'll find someone who's been there or who knows someone that's been there.

Disclaimer: I lived in NH/Mass until last August.

Thanks. Whats a good percentage for tinting? MA has laws that states "Must allow more than 35% of light in."

I want it dark enough where I can still see outside without it bothering me.

I'm not sure what tinting % options you have available over there but I personally went with a 18% vlt front and rest of car was done in 5% vlt. Previous owner had 25% on front windows but that was too light for my liking hence 18%. For front windows personally I wouldn't go lower than 15%. I'm from Australia so not sure what grades % wise are common over there.

I use to have 15% on a previous car of mine.

Speaking personally, I stuck to 35% so I wouldn't have to worry about any hassle from the local law enforcement personnel. Obviously, going darker is "at your own risk" and I wasn't really willing to take that risk.

I have 20% on both my cars. I got a waiver for the LGT but didn't bother on the Civic. I used to get harassed all the time about it in Virginia but haven't gotten a second look since moving to Delaware. Moral of the story is it all depends on where you live.

not sure about mass but in a lot of states you are not allowed to tint the windshield at all ( some states don't even allow the front windows to be tinted) so I would go with a tint dark enough that YOU can tell the difference but not so dark the coppers can, then tint all the windows the same amount. just 2 cents

Any reputable tint shop will know what level of tint the law allows. In some states, they aren't allowed to go any darker.

Based on personal experiences in several states, I'd suggest going with whatever the state says. Life's too short to get badgered by LEOs.

North Carolina darkest is 35% but any shop will to darker if you want but you pay in cash so they can't be held responsible. Anyway, I got all of my windows done w lifetime warranty for $170

Dang thats a good price. :o

Archived