LegacyGT.com

I think I've narrowed down my turbo choice but could use your expertise

I finally got to go to the drag strip and my stage 2 outback 5sp manual was where I thought it would be. I think with a better driver it could get lower in ET. My best time was 14.8 but I launched at approx. 3500-4000 rpm and shifted closer to 6300 -redline not knowing any better.

COBB Stage 2 93 tune

catted downpipe

Perrin recirculating bovine

Nameless 4"mufflers

Short shifter

Suspension

Koni/epic

Hotchkis front and rear sway

Brakes

Legacy gt calipers

Centric rotors

Hawks hps pads

My goals is to make it a versatile vehicle. It's a DD and I do approx. 20k miles a year. I like to autocross, drag and looking into track days.

I would love to be in the mid to low 12s but realistically I want to be in the mid to low 13s.

i think the real fun and common events would be 1/8 mile and autocrossing. There's many strip that are 1/8th in NC.

With that said I think I'm looking for a turbo and supporting mods to have a quick spool and response. I also want some top end to do those 1/4 mile once a month.

Here is my slip and any suggestion on my driving is appreciate.

Here's my list of mods to purchase and a list of turbos that I researched that will be at the boarder line pushing stock internals. If you have any other suggestions for turbos or upgrades those are welcome to. I just don't have time or money yet to get into the internals so just shy of that is where I want to be.

Thank you in advance

uploadfromtaptalk1456770337355.thumb.jpg.01100dbc39ab2fb18b47c472508c1959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1456770316894.thumb.jpg.e877b13e1fd183b57cc1300ed1ed4854.jpg

Wow, my wagon went 13.85 on Cobb stage 1 with my son driving it. He was 18y/o at the time. That was back about 2005. I think he said he launched at 5500-5800rpm with the stock tires. I think that was before I put Dunlop's DZ101's on. That was a long ago.

He's driven it since the vf52 and 21psi and he and I feel the car will run high 12's now.

You need to practice.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I personally would not put the Dom 1.5XTR on a stock block. Yes you can hold boost down to save the head gaskets and yes you can run more conservative timing to save the pistons, but what's the point? Once you've hobbled the Dom like this you may as well use something smaller and more responsive to hit the same power numbers.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The 380XT is expensive for what you get. If you are going to spend that time of money than look at the 1.5XTR, but your stock block won't last.

I have a Kinugawa TD05H-20G which would work well in your situation. Turbo full spools by 3500 RPMs and probably makes 20-30HP more than a VF52 setup as it can hold boost up top. I plan on selling on selling my turbo I have a built block and want to move to something larger.

If I were in your shoes I would either go with a TD05H-20G or the newer FP HTA71.

I personally would not put the Dom 1.5XTR on a stock block. Yes you can hold boost down to save the head gaskets and yes you can run more conservative timing to save the pistons, but what's the point? Once you've hobbled the Dom like this you may as well use something smaller and more responsive to hit the same power numbers.

Stock block 124k my dom 1.5xtr 3in/ 10cm spools 19psi at a tick over 3k, puts down 350whp and 338wtq. mikey held her there to not grenade me, my 5eat is responding great, external trans cooler keeps her happy.

Fresh fluids, weekly oil check and normal preventative maintenance keeps her rockin and rollin. she burns about 1/2 qt every 2k.

I don't launch or drive like an asshat, accessional highway merge pulls. otherwise I DD

Archived