LegacyGT.com

Five vehicles for free...what are they?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Aston Martin V12 Vanquish (exhaust note is perfection)

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecars/v12vanquishs

2. Audi R8 (ultimate AWD track car)

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2004/2004-Audi-R8-A4-DTM-1600x1200.htm

3. GEMBALLA GT 750 AERO 3 (my daily driver)

http://www.gemballa.com/indexd_bak.html

4. Kleemann E 50K CC (wife’s daily driver)

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2524

5. 2005 Ferrari Novitec 430 Spyder (gotta have a Ferrari)

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/10/f430snovitec_05.jpg

• Porsche 911 (need this car) Silver
  • Mercedes S class (take friends out to dinner car) Black of course
  • Ferrari Enzo (for the ladies) Ferrari RED
  • Range Rover (kid hauler, crappy weather car) Brit.Green
  • ’68 SS Camaro (big smoky burnouts) Yellow
  • Ford Super Duty (crap hauler) Blue

Every family needs a truck. I could tow stuff with the Rover, but would you want to throw wood in the back of a $70k+ car. If I had to give one up it would be the Ferrari most impractical one on the list, but damn, paddle shift, carbon fiber everywhere, and the chance to play Schumacher, would be tough to pass up. So I won’t my list is at 6, unless we can start adding track cars….

Subaru 22B - Subaru's ulimate car (Monday)

Ferrari Enzo - Gotta have a Ferrari (Tuesday)

Range Rover - Jacked up a little more for some decent off road capabilities (Wednesday)

BMW M3 GTR - Touring car from hell (Thursday)

Lotus Exige - In black this car just look sick and handles like a go cart. (Friday)

I would never hate going to work again, haha.

You get five vehicles (cars/trucks only) for free, what are they? And why?

1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe

1929 Mercedes-Benz 38/250 SSK

1931 BugattiRoyale Berline De Voyager

1962 Ferrari 330 TRI/LM Testa Rossa

1966 Ferrari 330 P3

Why? Sell them at auction for $30M++ and retire, then buy all the silly cars you guys already mentioned :icon_tong

1. Spec B with all the bells and whistles

2. Shelby GT500 (elanor)

3. Mercedes CLK w/ AMG kit

4. Ducati 900RR

5. 95 Honda Odessey w/ a Si/Vtec and every part imaginable (for the kids):icon_tong

6. Paris Hilton to pay for it all and get a little heezy on the side:icon_bigg

1: Porsche Cayman S for bombing around in on a daily basis, practical for one or two, fun. Club sport. Full suspension package, sport chrono, aftermarket bits, the whole nine yards. Front end conversion to 997 (round headlights, not the new boxster ovoid headlights.) Possibly a body kit like the new Stola/RUF roadsters. A daily playtoy.

2: Range Rover Sport. For the utility... HAHAHA! Trips to the hardware store / winter, towing. Dressed with brushbars, and all-terrain tires. Like the Landie in the first Tomb Raider movie.

3: Ferrari F430 Coupe. Undeniably sexy. When you've absolutely got to drop every jaw in the place. Accept no substitute. aftermarket rims, tubi exhaust, F430 Challenge rear mesh bumper. a few unique touches, but mostly just the glory of the prancing horse.

4: Maserati Quattroporte - Sport edition, custom leather and paint. A fine continental cruiser, and exquisite and civilized transport for 4.

5: McLaren F1 - Ultimate. Enough Said. A truly special car in a paddock of exceptional vehicles.

Honorable mentions, and alternates to the above named:

Aston Martin. Vanquish, Vantage, or DB9. They are all stunning. DB4 GT Zagato is timeless.

Noble M400. TVR Sagaris (true track sluts who will "break you").

Mazda FD3S RX7, stock-appearing, or tastefully modded.

BMW M3. Very nice.

Toyota 2000GT - a classic classic.

Restored Austin Healey 100/3000. A real old-school connection to the road.

I am sure I could come up with a much longer list... but I'll leave it there for now. This does not include motorcycles, I would need another list...

Damn a pole like this gets run every other week and everytime I think I post my list changes some, so here I go.

1. BMW ///M5, Looks great, goes HARD and seats 5 comfortably

2. Ferrari F430, Best car in the stable at Ferrari that is currently on sale.

3. Porsche Carerra GT, looks, speed and pure ... hand-of-GOD- Power

4. SL72 not built yet but trust me, its coming

5. Nissan R36 GT-R just a nice daily driver to get around in.......

Ada///M.

• 3 months later...

1. Bentley Continental GT - a friend has one, and it's straight up heaven.

2. Lotus Exige - a scalpel.

3. BWW M Roadster - becaue roadsters kick ass.

4. Mercedes G55 AMG - for city driving.

5. 1963 Corvette split-window - because I've always loved them.

Guest *Jedimaster*

1. Buick Grand National GNX

2. 1989 Turbo Trans Am

3. LS1 powered 4th Gen. Ram Air Trans Am w/6 speed

4. 2006 Corvette Z06

5. 2005 Outback XT, Stage 2, Praxis suspension that like lowers it and stuff

BMW M6: I've driven the M5, and it's great but I don't need to scare three friends. While I'm at it though I'll have Hartge work over the motor, they wipe the limiter and get another 100hp out of it.

BMW 535d: Good performance, mod friendly turbo diesel, great fuel economy, good road car.

Bowler Wildcat: Offroad endurance racing truck, what could be more fun than that?

Toyota Tundra double cab 4X4: Reliable, capable, useful. Waiting for the 3/4ton to come out though.

Renault le Car: With all the automotive goodness that abounds, I need a piece of crap that needs me more than I need it.

Revisions...

New Cars:

#1 Daily Driver:

Porsche Cayman S for bombing around in on a daily basis, practical for one or two, and their luggage. Full suspension package, sport chrono, aftermarket bits, the whole nine yards. Front end conversion to 997 (round headlights, not the new boxster ovoid headlights...) Possibly a body kit like the new Stola/RUF roadsters. A daily playtoy, and something to make the commute fun. Possibly a 997S 3.8 liter engine conversion. The car porsche is too afraid to build.

#2: Errand Runner / Multi-purpose:

Range Rover Sport Supercharged. For the utility...:lol: Trips to the hardware store / winter, towing. Dressed with brushbars, and all-terrain tires. Like the Landie in the first Tomb Raider movie.

#3: Family Car and Road Trips: Aston Martin Rapide, (nudged out Maserati Quattroporte) V12, stunning looks, and a fine continental cruiser, and exquisite transport.

#4: My personal special occaision: Ferrari F430 Coupe in Rosso Corsa, with some Challenge Stradale and slight aftermarket additions at my taste, like aftermarket rims, tubi exhaust, CS rear mesh bumper and 360 mesh window vents. a few unique touches, but mostly just the glory of the prancing horse. Something to make it one of a kind, and my car. Undeniably sexy. When you've absolutely got to drop every jaw in the place. Accept no substitute.

#5: The functional investment. McLaren F1 - Ultimate. Enough Said. A truly special car in a paddock of exceptional vehicles.

Honorable mentions, and alternates to the above named:

Aston Martin. Vanquish, Vantage, or DB9. They are all stunning.

Noble M400. TVR Sagaris (true track sluts who will "break you").

Mazda FD3S RX7, stock-appearing, and tastefully modded.

BMW M3. Very nice.

Porsche Carrera 4S, 996 or 997.

Favored Classics:

DB4 GT Zagato is timeless. Italian design meets british engineering.

Jaguar C-type in Ecurie Ecosse Blue.

Ford GT40. Mk II (I probably wouldn't fit in it, though...) Or Lola T70.

Toyota 2000GT - a classic classic.

Restored Austin Healey 100/3000. -S or -M spec. A real old-school connection to the road.

Motorcycles: (aside from the Honda Hawk GT I have already.)

Triumph Speed Triple, modified, preferably newest 05+ version.

Triumph T595/955i Daytona up-to-2001 (same bike with a fairing, I would have one of each)

'06 Ducati "Sport Classic" 1000 Sport in classic red.

'06 BMW R1200S with K12S's hossack-style front suspension.

'06 MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna-edition

#1 Daily Driver-

Aston Martin DB9. A sort of sleeper car, just for driving to the office.

#2 Car for everyday type things -

Porsche Cayenne Turbo. It looks good, and can do everything another car can do, plus its a porsche

#3 Business Casual type car -

Mercedes Benz S600 or Aston Martin Rapide concept. Couldnt really choose between the two.Benz has the auto opening doors and trunk, the Aston is well...an Aston.

#4 Sunday Sprint -

Pagani Zonda F in bare carbon fiber Fast, looks good. Probably one of the most functional supercars.

#5 Occasional Drive/sit in the garage and look at -

Bugatti Veyron. 1000 horspower, w16 quad turbo...that says it all

Alternates to those cars

Alterates #1 - Mercedes Benz SL65, Porsche 911 Carerra S, Ferrari 360 Modena

Alternates #2 - Land Rover Range Rover, Infiniti QX56, Chevrolet Trailblazer SS, Ford F350

Alternates #3 - BMW 760li, Audi A8, Bentley Flying Spur

Alternates #4 - Koeniqseqq CCR, Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster, Ferrari Enzo

Alternates #5 - Mclaren F1, Ferrari FXX

Damn, why is it always five cars? I can never ever come up with just a five car garage. I would need like a warehouse full of cars to be happy. And whats with everyone wanting an F430, sure the preformance is good but its kind of on the ugly side.

1) Carrera GT - most beautiful porsche

2) Aston Martin Vanquish - so sophistocated and elegant

3) LGT - modded up, I love my car

4) Masserati Quattroporte - I've liked the look ever since the first time i saw it

5)Supra - love that car forever

And whats with everyone wanting an F430, sure the preformance is good but its kind of on the ugly side.

It is a huge improvement on the 360, IMHO.

The shark nose is a historic allusion to Ferrari's old F1/Endurance cars from the 50's. I like the slimmer, less odd-looking headlights on the 430, too.

The front intakes on the 360 look like an afterthought...

The shoulder vents, lower vents in front of the wheels, and the general body-lines all look more agressive and purposeful on the 430 than the 360. while the best part, the roofline and glass shapes stayed the same.

I do like the 360 Challenge Stradale's rear mesh fascia panel a little better, though, and the flat round tail lights, rather than the Enzo-style cylindrical ones on the 430. I am not sure why they got rid of the mesh vents on each side of the rear window on the 360, to go with versions with molded plastic/composite vents on the 360CS and 430. I liked the unobtrusive black plastic mesh ones better.

Plus the 430's Manettino switch on the steering wheel that controls the drivetrain systems is hella-cool.

Archived