LegacyGT.com

Perimeter alarm upgrage == security shock sensor?

klaus

hi,

different dealerships and different literature talk about a "perimeter alarm upgrade" and a "security system shock sensor" options. Are these two the same thing or are there two different upgrades for OB?

Thanks,

Klaus.

Rallispec, if you have problems with the shock sensor I hope you are aware of http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707&page=8&pp=10&highlight=shock+sensor -- about 80% down the page are instructions for dealers on how to setup the shock sensor posted by Opie. But the whole string is worth reading -- a lot of interesting info on this sensor. It seems dealers have no clue how to set it up properly.

Klaus

Rallispec, if you have problems with the shock sensor I hope you are aware of http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707&page=8&pp=10&highlight=shock+sensor -- about 80% down the page are instructions for dealers on how to setup the shock sensor posted by Opie. But the whole string is worth reading -- a lot of interesting info on this sensor. It seems dealers have no clue how to set it up properly.

Klaus

it's not so much Subaru's shock sensor - but all shock sensors.

You always here them go off, people never care - nobody stops to look at a car with the alarm going off... Everybodies sounds the same so you never know if it's your car honking or somebodies elses...

Basically it comes down to the fact that I personally don't feel they're an adequate theft deterrant.... Just my opinion though..

As far as the one in the Legacy is concerned.. it works about as good as is to be expected... The only times I've ever had it go off are when I've been working on the car and had the hood up and accidentally locked the doors. Then when i go to drop the hood the alarm goes off.

Some may think they are useless. Perhaps they have not adjusted the sensitivity. If set at 10 it probably will never go off. If set to one it probably will go off in a parking garage with floor vibrations.

To me, it doesn't cost all that much. If it adds any protection it is better than nothing.

Have you ever had to fight with an insurance company to replace your car or contents?

• 2 years later...
Some may think they are useless. Perhaps they have not adjusted the sensitivity. If set at 10 it probably will never go off. If set to one it probably will go off in a parking garage with floor vibrations.

To me, it doesn't cost all that much. If it adds any protection it is better than nothing.

Have you ever had to fight with an insurance company to replace your car or contents?

......... i set it to 2. I kick my wheel slightly, it go off :eek:. Someone park behind me and hit my bumper :mad:, it keep silence :confused:. :spin::spin::spin:

Archived