LegacyGT.com

Is it just me or Legacy sucks at handling compared to impreza & forester

Sounds like my 2.5i has a tranny problem. I always thought legacy was heavy, long (bad maneuvering), little tail happy compared to impreza but it cannot be this bad.

I will look more into the problem and let you fanboys know.

Who is talking about handling sensible guy ?

First, read the title of your post. What does it say? Does it mention handling? Yes. Yes, it does.

I owned 2000 rs, 02 wrx, 04 sti, 02 impreza NA, 04 Forester NA before.

Now I have 05 legacy gt and 2008 legacy 2.5i (both automatic)

In all my subaru experience I never seen any model handle as bad as the legacies. They don't even come close.

Does your first post mention handling and compare it so an Impreza and Forester? Yes. Yes, it does.

So yeah, you are talking about handling.

It's not about being fanboys, its about treating a troll with the minimal respect he or she deserves. If by "handling" you only meant snow/water traction, then perhaps you shouldn't use the word handling?

Sounds like my 2.5i has a tranny problem. I always thought legacy was heavy, long (bad maneuvering), little tail happy compared to impreza but it cannot be this bad.

I will look more into the problem and let you fanboys know.

Wait - the Legacy is a little tail happy compared to the impreza? Which Legacy the 2.5i or the GT? First time I have heard a Legacy referred to as tail happy.

Also being tail happy does not mean the car is "bad handling" Does your Impreza have an RSB? Does the GT "suck" just as much as the 2.5i?

Have you put the snow tires on the GT to see if it "sucks as much" as the 2.5i?

So many questions, but, based off of your responses, I doubt I'll actually get an intelligent response. Seriously, the insult you come up with is calling someone a teenager?

I agree that the Legacy has too much understeer and body roll. I replaced my springs and dampers and cured both. Not sure why it didn't leave the factory sprung a little better?

But that has nothing to do with snow and rain traction. Plus, OP already said that his legacy had too much oversteer from factory.

Let's keep this thread on track.

I've owned a 1998 LGT, a 2008 2.5i(auto), 2008 Spec B, and now a 2015 WRX. None of which had problems handling in the snow.

The 2.5i had bald front tires 2 winters ago through 4 snow storms and that was the only limiting factor I had in any inclement weather (thank god for ABS brakes). After changing those out, I had cheap $80 all season tires from Monroe Muffler for 9 months, then had decent $600 Firestone Firehawk all season tires up until the car died over the summer. Both the cheap $80 tires and the Firehawk's combined I went through 10 snowstorms from 2014-2015 and not a single issue with handling in my Legacy. You're probably driving the legacy like you're driving your old WRX or STI and you don't know how to drive in the snow. Call an uber.

You're one of the dumbest shits I've seen on this forum in a while. Congrats.

What is the age group of this forum, 16-24 ? I see couple grown up answers but rest of the replies are coming from teenagers who takes great pride from their legacy and cant tolerate the slightest criticism about the car (material) they own. I remember those years so i understand. Anyways undeveloped brains like seabass turned this thread into troll fest. Even the mod who writes in this thread is something. Enough with your fanboiness. I will figure out the problem with the 2.5i. Thanks for the grown up answers.

I know the kind of replies after this post. Save your time and just ignore the thread. Go look at your legacy instead. :wub:

I've owned an 05 2.5i legacy, an 07 2.5i legacy, and an 09 Spec.b LGT. I've also driven several WRX's and foresters. Moving-traction (considering tires are relatively the same) are all pretty equal amongst the models. There are mild differences, but nothing of major consequence.

Perhaps you're experience wasn't apples for apples. There are different kinds of snow, some being much more slippery than others (higher ice/water content).

Also - in for the noods.

2005 GT auto is an animal in the winter. Driven it in Minnesota and Nebraska winters and now icy Texas weather, never let me down. Deepest snow I had fun in was above the rockers, halfway up to the freaking grille. I'll never forget how this one time I got to where I needed to be without much drama, only to fall on my ass upon getting out of the car after parking it. It was one of those "oh shit the roads are THIS bad???" moment.

Never had winter tires on it either, always all-seasons. Ran two sets of Eagle F1 A/S into the ground and now am on a set of Continental DWS which are much better.

Also owned a 2010 Forester and now have a 2011 Outback for the wife. The GT, again, is the unsubtle animal that will tell you what's going on much much better than the newer Subies riddled with nanny electronics. Ain't stock either and hasn't been since 2007.

• Mega Users
What is the age group of this forum, 16-24 ? I see couple grown up answers but rest of the replies are coming from teenagers who takes great pride from their legacy and cant tolerate the slightest criticism about the car (material) they own. I remember those years so i understand. Anyways undeveloped brains like seabass turned this thread into troll fest. Even the mod who writes in this thread is something. Enough with your fanboiness. I will figure out the problem with the 2.5i. Thanks for the grown up answers.

I know the kind of replies after this post. Save your time and just ignore the thread. Go look at your legacy instead. :wub:

Pretty sure you're the 16 year old here. At least you're as dumb as one.

Good luck with the Forester.

If I were you, I'd get one with the x-mode awd programs so you don't have to think too much about which wheels are getting what traction. I also wouldn't expect the Forester's dynamic handling to be as 'good' as the Legacy GT you just sold.

However, foul-weather traction (with x-mode or a good understanding of how the awd works and decent tires) and ground clearance will be greatly improved.

Archived