LegacyGT.com

It's official - pricing for the spec.B

Whirling Dervish

Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B sedan

We are proud to announce for the first time in America, the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B. Production

will be limited to just 500 units nationwide and each car will display an individually numbered

limited edition plaque on the center console. Standard features include:

Exclusive Titanium Silver Metallic exterior color

Striking Brick Red leather-trimmed interior

Aerodynamic side ground effects with chrome trim

18-inch, 10-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45 WR18 Y-rated summer

performance tires

Bilstein sport-tuned suspension with inverted front struts, aluminum-alloy front control

arms, and aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links

7-inch Touch-Screen GPS Navigation System

Upgraded audio system with MP3 capability

Momo brand leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls

Aluminum-alloy pedal covers including footrest

Unique spec.B floor mats

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B will feature a 250-horsepower turbocharged and intercooled BOXER

engine, and will only be available with a 5-speed manual transmission. MSRP for this model

is $33,995.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*

There's a guy on Nasicock whose dealership is selling theirs for 40K :lol:

Any asshole stupid enough to pay 7K more than an already overpriced (for what's included) car deserves to be laughed at :lol:

i'm sure' people would buy them. 34k for all that isnt that bad.... Considering the regular legacy is a pretty good bargain based on what you get for the price - I can understand $34k for the spec b. That puts it more in line with a loaded G35x, or maybe TL or other luxury cars. ANd you get the added benifet of even more uniquness among an already unique car.

to rich for my blood though.

Guest *Jedimaster*
At only 500 offered, they'll sell. Even marked up, they will- there's an ass for every seat as they say. Except for number 005. Mike already farted in that one :lol:

All that and thin paint, bad navi maps, a stuttering engine, and mysterious rattles to boot. What a deal!!! Sign me up!

I wonder what the insurance is going to be on this car. Limited edition means more expensive to replace. Once they are out of the 500 (which I am surprised they aren't already) you won't be able to replace it. Or maybe you will... People do stupid things. Someone is going to buy one of these cars and then 6 months from now get bored with it and trade it in for something else. Who cares about how much money they lose in the deal. Some people are morons when it comes to money.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

All that and thin paint, bad navi maps, a stuttering engine, and mysterious rattles to boot. What a deal!!! Sign me up!

I wonder what the insurance is going to be on this car. Limited edition means more expensive to replace. Once they are out of the 500 (which I am surprised they aren't already) you won't be able to replace it. Or maybe you will... People do stupid things. Someone is going to buy one of these cars and then 6 months from now get bored with it and trade it in for something else. Who cares about how much money they lose in the deal. Some people are morons when it comes to money.

seeing as how all but a few parts are just regular LGT peices, including all of the body work - I don't see it beeing that bad to get replacement parts.

Assuming they are going to stick with Bridgestone for their tires, the 245/45WR18 RE050A runs about $270 per tire. Sucks to be you if you pop one of them. It's a 'runs flat' tire, but you'd still have to replace it if it blew out. I do find it interesting they are putting this on a car right before winter arrives. Seems like a very poor choice indeed. You should put all weather tires on a car when you put it on the lot. Putting a season specific tire on is just really mean. After spending this much money on the car I wouldn't expect to have to pay another thousand dollars to put tires on it.

The Potenza RE050A was developed to provide good traction along with responsive and predictable dry and wet road handling. It is not intended to be driven in the snow.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

As I mentioned when Tide previously nailed the price right on... I'm out.

With the price of other Legacys, and my underwhelmed response to the paint color and lack of power increase... A 2005 Legacy GT + mods makes much more sense to me.

on the other hand, I do hope that the Spec B does well with others who aren't as focused on the nit-picks of the equipment offering, and have more disposable income.

I hope it helps Subaru get back on the right track with the Legacy, as the 2006 option lineup is a step backwards from the '05.

Well let the flaming begin :) I will be getting a Spec B in the next few weeks (they say mid October), trading in my black/black 05 GT Limited. My reasons? Many.

The wheels and tires (SSR Competitions with Pole Positions) will transfer right over. Cobb is checking whether my AccessPort will switch over, if not I already have a buyer. So no money I put into mods for the car is lost. The next thing I wanted to tackle on my 05 was the suspension. They have already begun to address it.

I want a nav with a 5 speed for the next time I am driving and want a Bob Evans. I also like "unique" versions of cars. There is enough in the car to differentiate it from other GT Limited's out there without ricing it or spending alot of time doing it. I don't have the luxury of having days to mod my cars anymore since I am always on the road.

I am looking forward to it, as are most of the other Subaru owners in my area. Only four Spec B's are coming to this area, two to my dealer--both are already claimed. I am paying MSRP (no markup) and have already put down a deposit.

These cars are targeted to a very narrow demographic. Good or Bad that demographic is me and I am happy about it.

Can't wait to get it :lol:

Well let the flaming begin :) I will be getting a Spec B in the next few weeks (they say mid October), trading in my black/black 05 GT Limited. My reasons? Many.

The wheels and tires (SSR Competitions with Pole Positions) will transfer right over. Cobb is checking whether my AccessPort will switch over, if not I already have a buyer. So no money I put into mods for the car is lost. The next thing I wanted to tackle on my 05 was the suspension. They have already begun to address it.

I want a nav with a 5 speed for the next time I am driving and want a Bob Evans. I also like "unique" versions of cars. There is enough in the car to differentiate it from other GT Limited's out there without ricing it or spending alot of time doing it. I don't have the luxury of having days to mod my cars anymore since I am always on the road.

I am looking forward to it, as are most of the other Subaru owners in my area. Only four Spec B's are coming to this area, two to my dealer--both are already claimed. I am paying MSRP (no markup) and have already put down a deposit.

These cars are targeted to a very narrow demographic. Good or Bad that demographic is me and I am happy about it.

awesome, i can't wait to hear your impressions on it when it arrives

I just hope that all 500 sell quickly and maybe subaru will realize there is a market for an STi legacy.

Since you are putting on the SSRs will you be selling the spec B wheels? I wonder how much the speedo will be off as the tires have a different diameter than a regular legacy.

34K is not totally unreasonable, problem is you can get around 4k off the price of a regular GT but will have to pay sticker for the spec B. That makes the difference around 8k and there's no way its worth that much more to me. I'd take 5k in mods, put 3k in the bank and have a better car than the spec B.

Sorry but keeping the Spec B wheels ;) Not sure which ones I am will run the winter tires on yet. My other option is to sell the car outright with the SSR's and then keep my stock 17"s for snow tires and the Spec B for summer. Those Pole Positions are sweet though. Decisions Decisions.

Right now, With the 18" I am the speedo is off by 1 MPH at 60. When it says 60 I am doing 61. I would hope they recalibrate it for the larger wheels since they come stock. It also throws off the trip and mileage computer.

I too was hoping for a Legacy STI. One thing I think they should of changed on the SpecB would either be add the 6 speed or at least include the short throw. That was one of the first things I did to my 05 and will need to do again.

Did they happen to tell you which # out of 500 you would be getting when you put your deposit down? It's prob just a luck of the draw thing, but it would be cool to see where all the numbers end up through out the country.

ps.

I put in a request & ended up with a WRX with a pretty unique number. :)

Congratulations! There is nothing wrong with buying something you like.

Archived