LegacyGT.com

It's official - pricing for the spec.B

Whirling Dervish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keith, i will be the first to give a bit of a negative opinion. you are entitled to buy what u like, and trust me, i do just the same. but that is not without research. the nav system is shit, u wouldve been better off with a more functional and less expensive AVIC-n2. as mentioned before, everything the spec B has can be added, just order parts and put your car in the shop for a few days. you're buying an 05 car then swapping it in the same year boggles my mind enough, even moreso because they are the same car, one with a bit more glitz than the other.

again, you can spend your money any which way you want, but i personally think that swapping an 05 legacy for what is basically another 05 legacy is a bit excessive. but hey, i'm sure i've done stupid shit like that before (just not with 30+ grand :)).

anyways have fun with the spec B, post pics!

Let see, base 2.5GT ~ 27k. Add Nav ~2k, Wheels ~1k, Suspension ~1k, Aluminum bits ~1k, other extras ~1k. Can sort of see how they got that price, but really I think the MSRP should have been around 32k.

It must be the special "1978 Dodge Aspen-Red" seats.

if MSPR will be around 34K then U might get 3K-4k off that price, if they want to neg.. That kind of a diffrience from a MSPR I got Exact Year ago for a 2005 STi, in the end I went with LGT anyway- reason: more luxury and better look for a less :D

Guest *Jedimaster*
A friend of mine just announced on COTJ that his dad is getting a Spec B. He expects it to be at or a little below MSRP.

Mmanus, negative comments are just as welcome as positive :) I got my 05 GT limited in August 2004. It now has 20k on it. It is because of how much I like the 05 that I would even consider the Spec B. That and the fact that all of my Subarus have been rock solid cars. You are right, the nav is not the best but it is integral and fits the car, unlike an after market purchase. I am sure it will serve its purpose (GeeWhiz factor) fine. Hell, someday I may not be able to do stuff like this so I may as well now ;)

Besides, it is people doing crazy stuff like this that may get us a real Legacy STI equivalent or at least a true performance version. Hopefully these are such a hit in a year or two Subaru may say "hey what would happen if we retune the 2.5 and add a tranny and AWD like the STI---think it will sell?" If that were to ever happen, I would be one of the first to put down a deposit on that also. If not, I still have the "exclusive" version of what I think is already a great car. Pipe dream? Maybe, but we can always dream.

No idea on what number (the dealer didn't have them), but they are saying Mid-October....firm. As soon as I get it I will post pics of course, unless someone beats me too it.

Keith,

is your Black/Black GT Limited a 5MT?

I'd rather have that one! I'd take you up on the offer of buying the car outright (even with the SSRs.) But I am not sure if the finances will be ready for that (only two weeks, I think I am still looking at a few months... at the inside, so it may not work... Plus I have no idea how far away you are.

I'd put the suspension bits, and the red interior in your black car rather than spending the extra almost ~15k on the spec B.

Believe me, after looking all over northeast Iowa, there aren't a lot of Legacys to be found. A pair of GRP GT sedans, one limited, one not, both 5EATs, a non-limited silver wagon 5EAT, and a RBP/Taupe 06 Limited sedan 5EAT.

That is all, from Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Waterloo, IA. They had many more 2.5i/3.0 Outbacks, and a couple of XTs, but I don't remember them as clearly, since that isn't what I am looking for.

Actually Dubuque didn't have any new Legacys. (05s were in Cedar Rapids, 06 in Waterloo) they had an 04, but that is not turbocharged, nor manual trans, and isn't as good looking.

I did however see a Regal Blue LGT with a spoiler driving around on the surface streets in downtown Dubuque, near the riverfront on Sunday about 11:30am, as we were looking around on our way home... Anybody on the forum?

Haven't been to Des Moines in a couple weeks, but all they had was an 06 RBP/Taupe 5EAT sedan, as well, last time I was there.

And driving almost 500 miles in the miata, and trying to pack a suitcase and antiques in there... I think my wife is more ready for a slightly more accomidating car now than when we left on friday... just have to get the existing loan on the Miata paid off, so that we can be down to one payment after trading/selling the truck.

5MT AND No Spoiler, too... damn don't tempt me like that.

You're gonna make me want to buy your car to do this:

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/shop057.jpg

and then most of this:

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/hyper0021.jpg

And then the rest of this:

http://www.emotion-fuk.com/index.htm -> click on the "Shop Car" button along the side. (it's in Japanese, but shows alot of the mods to the pictured car.)

With that car, it is "Spec B, schmeck-B..." On second thought, perhaps not. I think that car started out as a JDM 2.0 GT Spec B, itself... Not that there is much left to be able to tell.

Even if I can't yet buy it, you should offer your GT for sale on this site first, because a "hard to find" car like that should go to someone who will appreciate it, like the members here. You'll probably get more for a private sale than a wholesale trade-in offer.

Msrp rising?

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107492#3

Subaru Announces Spec.B Pricing

Date Posted 10-05-2005

CHERRY HILL, N.J. — Subaru said its high performance version of the Subaru Legacy, the 2006 2.5 GT spec. B, will be priced at $34,620 and include features tailored for the American market, including a standard navigation system, upgraded sound system, Bilstein shocks and a custom interior.

The spec.B is on sale this month. The all-wheel-drive car is equipped with a 2.5-liter, intercooled, turbo Boxer engine that produces 250 horsepower and 250 pound-feet of torque. It is mated to a five-speed manual transmission.

The U.S. model comes in an exclusive titanium-silver metallic exterior paint. The spec.B has ground-effects moldings with chrome trim; 18-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels; and low-profile performance tires.

What this means to you: If you're way into the Subaru Legacy this is the most desirable version yet.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

$33,995 + $625 Destination fee = $34,620!

So. How many of you are buying it? Let's get a head count. There's that one "woman" who posted another thread, and the guy who posted in this thread I believe. Just 2? Where are the 498 others? I wonder who, if anyone, is gonna get stuck w/ the one that was at the little drive thingy that godwhoismike went to...:lol:

if the other 498 sit on lots long enough and sell below $30k, and the 07s look to be complete rubbish, I'll consider it.

However, I hope that doesn't happen for the sake that SOA figures out that there is a sport sedan market for this car, despite them not offering much more for the extra ~4k MSRP outlay.

I hope they get purchased, and quickly enough to make SOA take notice, and make "Spec B" into the sport suspension option package that it should have always been.

if the other 498 sit on lots long enough and sell below $30k, and the 07s look to be complete rubbish, I'll consider it.

However, I hope that doesn't happen for the sake that SOA figures out that there is a sport sedan market for this car, despite them not offering much more for the extra ~4k MSRP outlay.

I hope they get purchased, and quickly enough to make SOA take notice, and make "Spec B" into the sport suspension option package that it should have always been.

The 07's looking like rubbish is a given :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested Fitzgerald Auto Mall has a Spec B at their Gaithersburg location. I called and they quoted me 32,xxxx including destination/frieght for the Spec B. I am actually shopping for a Legacy GT right now, but the Spec B is just out of my price limit.

http://www.fitzmall.com/

GAITHERSBURG

1-888-714-7493

I saw a Spec B today while looking at cars for my wife. This particular dealer said they are going to try to get full sticker, which on this car was $36K. Options included short-shifter and spoiler that I can remember, but there must have been other stuff.

Archived