LegacyGT.com

That foam thing on top of the spare

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

u guys really have all that crap in there?? How many of you have used that stuff? I would think to put anything in there. I'd put it there and completely forget that I had and prob sell the car with the suff still in there.

But that aside, all of ur stuff seems to be a good idea. Right on!

jumper cables, air compressor for tires, tire guage, a wadded up bundle of supermarket bags so I can bag the goodies from my costco runs without having to run in the house first. mechanix gloves. Car stuff basically.

AP, Golf balls, change of socks (for golf), umm ... other random stuff. Thanks for the reminder that I really need to add the first aid kit to the car, I'm writing it down for a "To Do" on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the cables are in the trunk, but I'll check that at the same time. Been a while since I've taken inventory. :cool:

Great thread.

Duct tape, emergency roadside kit, first aid kit, jumper cables, a few pieces of chamois, california water blade, bottle of quick detailer, paper towels.. that's about it I think.. oh, and some bungee cords.

And of course, a few choice editions of pr0n to keep me amused if I gotta wait for a tow truck or something.. 'cos ya never know!

u guys really have all that crap in there?? How many of you have used that stuff? I would think to put anything in there. I'd put it there and completely forget that I had and prob sell the car with the suff still in there.

But that aside, all of ur stuff seems to be a good idea. Right on!

^ :) Ayup, it's the "good idea" part that's important.

I hope to never need my Strider nor my extinguisher - or my survival kit. But it's good knowing that they're back there in case something really goes awry (and yes, kiddos, the Strider isn't for sticking people, it's to serve truly as a tool - if I break the Strider using it as a wedge/breaker, then you can bet your ass that no breaker-bar, etc., would have even remotely stood a chance).

I also carry a quart of motor oil in a little cardboard box in my trunk (sedan). Stuffed in there is also my Stoner's, interior cleaner, and "quick-detailer," plus a couple of different rags/microfiber towels. A pair of Mil-Spec. CVC Nomex gloves gets stashed, too, for all-round use/abuse.

This is all truly *minimal* weight stuff, and set-up so that there are no rattles/sliding-around. And like you said, "good to have, just-in-case." :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ :) Ayup, it's the "good idea" part that's important.

I hope to never need my Strider nor my extinguisher - or my survival kit. But it's good knowing that they're back there in case something really goes awry (and yes, kiddos, the Strider isn't for sticking people, it's to serve truly as a tool - if I break the Strider using it as a wedge/breaker, then you can bet your ass that no breaker-bar, etc., would have even remotely stood a chance).

I also carry a quart of motor oil in a little cardboard box in my trunk (sedan). Stuffed in there is also my Stoner's, interior cleaner, and "quick-detailer," plus a couple of different rags/microfiber towels. A pair of Mil-Spec. CVC Nomex gloves gets stashed, too, for all-round use/abuse.

This is all truly *minimal* weight stuff, and set-up so that there are no rattles/sliding-around. And like you said, "good to have, just-in-case." :)

I carry around other stuff too, just in case, but it won't fit in the bin.

Other stuff I have is a california duster, an umbrella, Stoner's, Meg's QD, some QEW in a spray bottle, several microfiber towels, an air compressor, and a good tire gauge. I keep most of that in bags attached to the bag holders and they don't go nowhere!

Archived