LegacyGT.com

That foam thing on top of the spare

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's the wrong people having guns. A responsible person doesn't use one irresponsibly. I have to go through legal means to get a carry permit. The thug down the street with nothing to lose gets his gun illegaly and that's what winds up in the paper, which is what people use to form the opinion that guns are the devil.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with fear as a motivator? Let's face it, sh*t happens and there are times when having a gun could put enough fear in someone else as to prevent him from harming you. I think you need to look at other countries (UK, Australia, etc) to fully evaluate whether guns help or contribute to the overall problem.

I don't own a gun but I'm actually quite liberal on many issues (environment, personal freedoms and bill or rights issues like abortion, gay marriage, 1st amendment stuff). However, the 2nd amendment exists for a reason. That reason is actually to keep the government from getting out of line.

tire pressure gauge. spline drive key. 4 way lug wrench. auto-x numbers. spare lugs that'll fit on the spare tire.

I used to carry around a flashlight and a screwdriver and a few other tools too, but I've taken them out. I need to go collect those tools and put them back :p

What's wrong with fear as a motivator? Let's face it, sh*t happens and there are times when having a gun could put enough fear in someone else as to prevent him from harming you. I think you need to look at other countries (UK, Australia, etc) to fully evaluate whether guns help or contribute to the overall problem.

UK and Australia are GREAT examples of what happens when you take guns away from law abiding citizens...gun crime goes up.

Home Office figures show that, in England and Wales, there were nearly 25,000 firearm offences in 2003/2004, compared with less than 15,000 in 1998/1999.

In 2002/2003, there were 81 firearm fatalities compared with 49 in 1998/1999 - in 2001/2002 there were 97.

Ahhhhh, these gun free utopia's

I don't own a gun but I'm actually quite liberal on many issues (environment, personal freedoms and bill or rights issues like abortion, gay marriage, 1st amendment stuff). However, the 2nd amendment exists for a reason. That reason is actually to keep the government from getting out of line.

and protect the Nation from foreign invaders. On a side note, where is abortion and gay marrage mentioned as a "protected right"? I really do not believe the Founding Fathers wanted to protect the "right" to rip unborn babies from their mothers as a form of birth control, do you? As for gay marrage, I believe they would be against that as well, but the Libertarian side of me could really give a hoot what 2 consenting adults want to do.

shhhh... it's quiet time

Sorry, but it's hard for me to keep quiet around Liberals. They boil my blood! It is the Liberal mentality that is DESTROYING this once wonderful country.

And sorry it is fear. It's fear of not having Control, it's fear of loss of life and property, it's a fear that some criminal is going to get the upper hand on you.

Again I don't have a problem with letting these people own guns if they choose.. but don't pretend that fear isn't the motivator because it is.

It's fear of being unprepared, but not fear itself.

I never fear the person next to me - I believe that there are vastly more good people in the world than evil, and my personal beliefs and my personal experiences have taught me to treat everyone with the same respect and good-nature that I would like returned to me. :)

What I fear, however, is that I will be unprepared when the need does, God forbid, arise.

It's the same fear that prompts me to wake up at 3AM to study my surgical text before scrubbing-in on a patient. It's the same fear that makes me change my oil every 3K to 5K miles. It's the same fear that makes me check my home smoke-detectors every month.

It's fear of being unprepared when needed.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

NHLEG,

To answer your question about where the .45 rides, well it is in the passenger compartment with me of course! I mostly keep the rounds there in case I get a wild hair up my ass to go to the range. By the way I am shooting a Kimber Supermatch II, I would get a dedicated carry gun, but I shoot the Kimber so much in competition that I just got used to it.

Good luck getting some of these other knuckle heads to acknowledge that legally carried firearms present no danger to the general public, and have not historically been a problem. The Anti-gun crowd has never been really concerned with hard evidence, historical data, or logic. Emotional response, and fear of the inanimate object gets in the way of any kind of well reasoned thought process or desire to learn about the subject. I have allways enjoyed listening to these idiots preach on and on about the dangers of concealed carry, and certian types of firearms being worse than others. The only thing they really get across, to anyone who knows anything about guns, is how ignorant they are about guns.

Sorry, but it's hard for me to keep quiet around Liberals. They boil my blood! It is the Liberal mentality that is DESTROYING this once wonderful country.

As opposed to the Christian right trying to ram "intelligent design" down people's throats as science or judges in the south totally disregarding what the first amendment meant. Or the Republicans who claim to conservative but are running up the debt like there's no tomorrow.

In addition, realize that the founding fathers were in a number of important cases (Jefferson, Franklin, Adams) not even Christian.

Finally, on the abortion front, women are equal citizens and should have the right to determine what happens in their bodies.

I do agree with you on the defense issue though.

NHLEG..

Liberal, conservative .... sounds like labels to me, to easily pigeonhole people, to remove critical thinking. So hold on to your silly little titles.

I said, I'm not for taking away peoples right to carry guns, I'm for....

RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP.

&

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

As a political conservative and a car nut, this is a great thread on so many levels.

It is nice to sit back and watch the fireworks from time to time, instead of me lighting them! :lol:

:) I'm too old and too tired to argue politics over the Errornet. :) I leave that to younger and better men and women.

I guess I would be a very conservative liberal, if someone had to pin a label :rolleyes: on me.

But honestly, I feel more like Chris Rock - sometimes a liberal, sometimes a conservative. :p Conservative on crime. Liberal on prostitution. :lol: :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

As opposed to the Christian right trying to ram "intelligent design" down people's throats as science or judges in the south totally disregarding what the first amendment meant. Or the Republicans who claim to conservative but are running up the debt like there's no tomorrow.

In addition, realize that the founding fathers were in a number of important cases (Jefferson, Franklin, Adams) not even Christian.

Finally, on the abortion front, women are equal citizens and should have the right to determine what happens in their bodies.

I do agree with you on the defense issue though.

Hey, I agree w/ Darwin as well, but something, that science cannot figure out, started the whole process...God :eek: .

I don't recall saying the Founding Fathers were Christian. They were, however, some of the smartest people to ever live and YEARS ahead of thei time. I'm a Roman Catholic by birth (nonpracticing especially after recent revelations), but dislike organized religion as a whole. Religion is a personal issue to me between me and my God (who, yes, I believe in). Organized religion is the cause of most problems in the world (past and present).

On abortion, are the unborn babies not "equal citizens"? Abortion never gives them the right to be equal citizens. Suppose somebody is on life support and you know, for a fact, that in 9 months they will be fine. Would ANYBODY say it is ok to pull the plug? NO WAY! But for some reason, some people think it's just fine to do with an unborn baby. Give them 9 months and in 99.8 times out of 100, a beautiful baby will enter the world and be given a chance at life. A chance they ALL deserve.

Hey, I agree w/ Darwin as well, but something, that science cannot figure out, started the whole process...God :eek: .

It took science quite a while to disprove other things that people used to believe too. Give them time. (I'm agnostic fwiw)

I don't recall saying the Founding Fathers were Christian. They were, however, some of the smartest people to ever live and YEARS ahead of thei time. I'm a Roman Catholic by birth (nonpracticing especially after recent revelations), but dislike organized religion as a whole. Religion is a personal issue to me between me and my God (who, yes, I believe in). Organized religion is the cause of most problems in the world (past and present).

I agree with you on the founding fathers however a lot of, so-called, conservatives believe this country was founded by Christians on Christian principles. Sorry for making an assumption.

On abortion, are the unborn babies not "equal citizens"? Abortion never gives them the right to be equal citizens. Suppose somebody is on life support and you know, for a fact, that in 9 months they will be fine. Would ANYBODY say it is ok to pull the plug? NO WAY! But for some reason, some people think it's just fine to do with an unborn baby. Give them 9 months and in 99.8 times out of 100, a beautiful baby will enter the world and be given a chance at life. A chance they ALL deserve.

So you have to balance the right of unborn babies to live with the right of already born women to not have things in their body that they don't want. Are unborn babies equal citizens? That's a good question but since before a certain gestational point, they can't live on their own, I'm not sure they are.

Really though, I don't think your statement "liberals are destroying the country" is accurate, productive or provable. There's plenty of "un-American" agendas being pushed by people regardless of label.

NHLEG..

Liberal, conservative .... sounds like labels to me, to easily pigeonhole people, to remove critical thinking. So hold on to your silly little titles.

I said, I'm not for taking away peoples right to carry guns, I'm for....

RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP.

&

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I totally agree on the label thing. Considering how malleable the definitions of those lablels have been over the last 50 years, they've become completely useless.

Archived