LegacyGT.com

Whit's hid retrofit

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See, still learning. Technically I don't need a switch if the remote will power the demons on and off correct. I certainly don't want them to come on with daytime running lights/headlights etc. only for special situations :). So really just need to hook up to battery power and use remote to turn on and off?

I wired it to my front positioning lights if I recall. So they only work with the car on, and then I control on/off with the remote. I didnt want to wire them to the battery just incase I forgot to shut them off.

I do plan on adding a switch to my halo drls in the cabin so I can have demon eyes on only for fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Used eBay lens baking for separation

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160210/988874a7aefe4d099f7b2b164545960f.jpg

Was smart this time and used a pan covered in tin foil and placed perfectly so no craziness happens again

I set mine on an old towel that was on top of a cookie sheet. Thought the bare sheet would get too hot. Well the towel moved and a corner slipped down through the grate and started to smolder. Kitchen was full of smoke, and the wife was not impressed. Luckily I caught it in time and didn't

start a fire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I set mine on an old towel that was on top of a cookie sheet. Thought the bare sheet would get too hot. Well the towel moved and a corner slipped down through the grate and started to smolder. Kitchen was full of smoke, and the wife was not impressed. Luckily I caught it in time and didn't

start a fire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sounds like the oven was on too high?

If you're not confident enough to stick your headlights into an oven, grab a heat gun and a lot of patience. I took mine apart with a cheap heat gun, a screwdriver and being gentle (the back plastics are quite soft). Your aim is to get the sealant soft enough so you can pry the lens off.

I was actually going to buy these but I was just wondering if there's any differences or if it's just bolt on.

I am planning on modifying the Special Appearance OEM headlights but I am going to use a heat gun on low to separate the housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the exact same position lights along with 5k hids and 5k led fog lights and they all look great. The position lights linked above do a good job a filling the lens without being too bright. Color is pretty close too.

I wouldn't say it actually looks this bright but you can see if fills the headlight well:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160224/db31f10fb1446f6dc476fbe28b193264.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I bought some cheap LED bulbs from Amazon and put them in for the side markers. I hate how at night they look red-ish to me a little as you can see in the photo.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/sebastiansulborski/Forum%20Pictures/Legacy/DSC_4629.jpg

I got these for my position lights: http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/194-168-158-led/360/6-5k.html

The lumen rating isnt so crazy that I would be blinding people with em. It illuminates the reflectors just enough and has the one LED on top shining forward

I would like to see how those LEDs look like. Bet they aren't that bad.

I bought some cheap LED bulbs from Amazon and put them in for the side markers. I hate how at night they look red-ish to me a little as you can see in the photo.

Maybe try the 194 flank bulbs from vleds for the sidemarker. I probably should've swapped the stock ones out when installed the 2013 special appearance headlights

Archived