LegacyGT.com

Whit's hid retrofit

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couple pics of 4300k lighting up the sky!! Still need small adjustment bringing right side down a tad but holy difference in light output compared to stock for sure. I'm still trying to figure out what the little center blob is, can't be my bright led position lights I don't think? Maybe just the projectors...http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160918/bad94a4d23be320659b5b1439fc84269.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160918/faf98fb8000b6ff49859011938b93bc3.jpg

These days they are :p but still a big upgrade compared to halogen (especially PnP'd halogen projectors). Generics are usually likened to Mori H1 5 or lower versions methinks (I don't follow H1 projectors). Also aren't the 5.0 supposed to have foreground limiters? See if you can shim the hotspot higher.

Pretty sure you got either Morimoto 6.0 or 7.0, didn't you whit? They haven't been selling the 5.0's for a few years.

Yes, 6.0, think I mixed it up with the Hawk 5.0 pads LMAO!! I'm going to to swap halo drivers in the next few days to see if it's a driver issue. If not TRS will be sending a replacement!

How long and what temp did you use to open them up? I have a set of 7.0's from another project and bought the adapters from TRS for the Legacy. Really want to get a set of spares to do this on though so I can take my time.

The Legacy adapter plates don't work with the Morimoto Mini 7.0, only the 6.0.

• 2 months later...
Some of you may have know that one of my TRS halos on passenger side had 3 burnt out chips so i emailed TRS and they immediately were helpful and said to take pics and we will send another right away! So I go to take a pic and all are working again, WTF????

Some of you may have know that one of my TRS halos on passenger side had 3 burnt out chips so i emailed TRS and they immediately were helpful and said to take pics and we will send another right away! So I go to take a pic and all are working again, WTF????

I've noticed that some LEDs become "intermittent" because of connection [soldering joints] and/or heat.

So I'm getting ready to do this next week (the TRS retro, no the halos). Do you have any pics of where you put the ballasts, relays, ran wiring etc? Any extra info would be super sweet.

TBH, I haven't had a chance to mount ballasts or clean up wiring but they are safely sitting behind headlamps. Prob in the Spring. If someone else would like to chime in, go for it

Archived